WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - U.S. employers sharply ramped up their demand for workers in January, advertising 6.3 million jobs at the end of the month, the most on records dating back 17 years.

The number of job opening soared 645,000 in January, the Labor Department said Friday, the largest one-month increase in 2½ years. The number of people hired ticked up and fewer Americans quit in January compared with the previous month.

The huge demand for workers comes as the unemployment rate is already at a 17-year low of 4.1 percent. The report shows that overall hiring increased by a much smaller amount than job openings, suggesting that employers are having difficulty finding the workers they need. That may raise pressure on companies to increase pay in the coming months to attract more applicants. [ Source: USA Today (Read More...) ]

The post US job openings soar to record high of 6.3 million appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Yeah, considering that they are only counting the "unemployed" as those still collecting unemployment. As for all the new "jobs": I doubt they are the same pay, hours and quality of those lost.

"It's money isn't is?" is of no comfort when minimum wage cannot even cover rent for a room, food and necessities, let alone getting out of a hand-to-mouth existence. The retirements of people who worked all their lives, careers built step by step and families being raised by those who lost their livelihoods were all pretty much swept away.

This nation is not going to recover from the death blow 8 years of Obama dealt it...

Yes, reports like that need to filter out part time and min. wage jobs and only include meaningful jobs that pay a living wage that families can live on.   I bet that it is nowhere near 6.3 million.  That number would go down dramatically. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Theres something to be said for "its still money" i have friends who refuse to take jobs because "they dont pay enough to cover the bills" what they dont realize, is the longer they go unemployed the harder it is to get a job. An employer wants someone who will be willing to work....and if looking between two applications, where both people fit the job description, but one has been working McDonald's for a year because he couldn't find a job in his field, is going to be far more likely to get the job then the guy sitting at home unemployed because he refuses to work for less then he thought he was worth.

And ive noticed where theres a will theres a way. When me and my wife got married we survived comfortably together at well below the poverty level. We both worked min. Wage jobs, at 40 hours a week or less. In fact, theres time i wish i could go back to those times, much simpler.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Try it when you're disabled and Social Security has you on their famous "two year waiting list"....

I know many such people on that list...the select few still had a roof over their head and food on their table. Most of those, didn't complain. The ones that did were usually the ones with the fancy iphones and expensive cars.

And were talking jobs here, it seems to me if one were truly disabled, they wouldn't be able to work anyway...so in reality, your objection is off topic.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I know many such people on that list...the select few still had a roof over their head and food on their table. Most of those, didn't complain. The ones that did were usually the ones with the fancy iphones and expensive cars.

And were talking jobs here, it seems to me if one were truly disabled, they wouldn't be able to work anyway...so in reality, your objection is off topic.

I've been 50% disabled legally since 1968, but I had jobs the whole time...    We have about 59 million people who are on SSI, of some sort, spending my retirement money that I paid in my whole life...   I find it very hard to believe that we have that many people who can't work at all considering the problems I had my entire career with Xerox and still managed to get up every day and go to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, other one said:

I've been 50% disabled legally since 1968, but I had jobs the whole time...    We have about 59 million people who are on SSI, of some sort, spending my retirement money that I paid in my whole life...   I find it very hard to believe that we have that many people who can't work at all considering the problems I had my entire career with Xerox and still managed to get up every day and go to work.

That much is true. In high school i worked at our local chevy dealership that employed over a dozen mechanics. Now mechanics is a labor intensive job, that typically requires to arms. Our best mechanic by far only had one arm. It just goes to show where theres a will there is a way.

Im not saying people dont deserve social security and that there arnt people who legitimately need disability. But i am saying people these days dont know how to live within their means, and confuse needs with wants, and many, abuse the system.

16 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

When you're disabled and most places are only offering jobs that you physically cannot do, that is bad enough. Even worse is when someone needs disability, cannot get on it, and are doubly rooked over because they cannot even try to hobble through a minimum-wage job while in agony (I did that for 3 months until it was too much to take).

Social Security has their procedure in place to deliberately "wait out" people, until they either die or force themselves to work when it is medically inadvisable and do even more damage to themselves.

Unless someone is willing to go over each and every household and determine what is "within their means", I really don't think that dog will hunt. Then again, it must be nice when a person's spine, knee, chest tendons, brain and skull are all intact and functioning normally.

(Wish I knew how that must feel).

again though, were talking about jobs....not disability....that is another topic for another time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Won't it hurt the economy. Were already in debt. How are we gonna catch up. So the economy is not getting better.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I thought it went back up after Trump became president. I thought economy supposedly got better after Trump was elected.

6 hours ago, tigger398 said:

I thought it went back up after Trump became president. I thought economy supposedly got better after Trump was elected.

It has been going up, but its had its hickups. The lower unemployment rate is a sign of an strengthening economy. So are new jobs being created. Trump promised new jobs...and theyre arriving. And the left is mad because they have egg on their face and are trying to cover it.

• Thumbs Up 1