• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure you all get a lot of questions about this, so I figure you all could help. Just a little back ground on me. I was saved (or so I believed so) when I was young. I've been through some rough times recently, and I looked to the Bible for comfort.

Then I came across the verse mentioning the unpardonable sin. Since I have been into a certain sin I have been trying to get out to no avail. I ask so many times for a way out no matter what. I liked to place verses about forgiveness as wallpaper on my phone. I searched for one on the internet to find the unpardonable sin. I was concerned that I had done so due to curses against God that had crossed my mind. I later found out that what had crossed my mind was not the unpardonable sin.

Fast forward about 2 weeks (my time may be off). I decided to look at the passage again for reasons I can't remember. I read the passage, and in my stupidity did not take the warning seriously. Curses once again swarmed my mind (I honestly do not remember what all they were, but I'm scared it could have been thoughts similar to what the Pharisees said). I remember having an absolute feeling of despair come across be, and I became upset once again. After this I can remember feeling this sudden strange feeling that I can't describe. Was that the Holy Spirit leaving me? I want to be forgiven more than anything, but can I? I'm afraid it was me that thought those thoughts because I wasn't thinking strait for a bit. I fear that I'm my stupidity I though the unpardonable sin.

This sparked a dark spiral of thoughts in my head. I met with the youth minister at the church, and we discussed it. He said that the unpardonable sin was attributing the work of Jesus to Satan. I agree with this definition of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I remember I felt relieved by his words, and went on; however, the worry was not all gone. Again with the dark spiral of evil thoughts.

One thing that particularly crossed my mind was (I do not want to state the first thought it because the phrase alone scares me) "Insert phrase that says the glory of God was actually the glory of.......you can guess" then I thought "maybe it was" then "oh gosh no no no that's not true". Then despair came across me. Again the dark spiral of bad thoughts. To this day I have not found genuine lasting peace. I don't remember the vast majority of my thought, but I'm almost certain that one of those evil thoughts was me commuting the unpardonable sin.

I still despise myself to this day for my stupidity in that moment following my reading of the unpardonable sin chapter a 2nd time. How could I have been so stupid as to loose reverence for the word of God, and not take it seriously. I am almost certain that because of this I have committed the unpardonable sin.

For the year and a half or so I have been living in a constant state of fear that I committed the unpardonable sin. I can't believe I thought those things, and I hate myself for it.  I'm afraid what I did was kinda intentional (but without meaning). Let me say I do not agree with those thoughts, but I'm afraid I allowed them to enter my mind because I was just plain stupid (or done in the heat of the moment). Honestly I'm not sure if I knew 100% what I was actually doing. I just kinda happened. I didn't think about it. I've been researching this topic a lot, and I have come across so many interpretations.

I do agree with the idea that the unpardonable sin is giving Satan credit for God's work. I am terrified, and scared out of my mind. Not a day has gone that I haven't worried about it. I'm afraid of my spiritual condition, and so depressed. To this day I'm having crazy thoughts, and I'm scared I'm entertaining them. I also don't feel convicted like I use to, but I still feel conviction. It's just different now. Or is my fear of committing it conviction? I don't agree with my sin by an means, so don't get me wrong their. I'm also having a hard (if not impossible) time feeling God's presence (though I have a couple of times since).

I have spoken with the head pastor of our church, and he believes that if such a sin could be committed today that I have not committed it simply because I'm worried. He is also convinced that God has a big plan for me, but I'm afraid God has given up on me.

Can I ever get out of this worry? Could this sin unsave me? Does it mean I wasn't saved to begin with? I want to come to Jesus more than anything, but I'm afraid he won't accept me. I'm afraid the desire to come to Christ is from me, and not the Holy Spirit. Have I committed the unpardonable sin? Do I have hope, or am I hopelessly condemned? Is the Lord going to reject me? 

Before someone says this I do have OCD, but I don't know how that could play in. I don't think it did.

Also after revisiting the event many times in my mind I can't remember what I thought, but I'm afraid it may have been one of the thoughts above. I didn't really understand what I was thinking, but aren't words alone bad enough? I'm so scared please help me!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

20 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

William03,

I wrote this back a while ago concerning the "Unforgivable Sin". it's something I went through, and I know the emotional turmoil it can cause. I hope it helps you out:

I know you are scared right now and heartsick. But please: DO NOT PANIC. We'll take you through this step by step; for right now, know that God has NOT abandoned you, nor disowned you.

You’ve probably read Hebrews 10:26-31 and think that because you willfully went along with a sin, that you have lost your salvation. Or a blasphemous thought about the Holy Spirit entered your mind and you distinctly remember Matthew 12:31-32, or you came across 2 Peter 2:20-22 and are now in despair over it.

It will be okay. Let's go through this one at a time:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5, KJV, emphasis mine)

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand." (John 10:28-29, NIV)

Pay special attention to John 10:28-29:" NO MAN can snatch them". YOU, being a "MAN", cannot remove yourself from God's hand. And no one else can remove you either.

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9, NIV, emphasis mine)

God IS NOT looking for a way to "kick you out of the program" or to boot you into hell. If He sent his son to die for us on the cross, does that mean he's then going to turn around and drop kick us into hell at the slightest whim?

No.

But you are asking yourself:” what about those verses I read? What about what they say? Doesn't that mean I've lost my salvation?" Once again, NO, and I'll explain why.

Let's take these one by one, and I'll show you what they mean:

Matthew 12:31-32:

" And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. " (NIV)

You see those verses, and assume it's a slam dunk: you are DONE.

Not quite.

Read the WHOLE section:

"When they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.” Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house. “He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

In reading this, we see that the Pharisees called Jesus "Beelzebub"; essentially, they were saying his power was of the devil. The Pharisees knew full well who Jesus was and what he was doing, but they rejected him and his message entirely, preferring their own self-righteousness. Now, how do you blaspheme a spirit?

Jesus gives us that answer: the same manner as you would worship God:

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth"  (John 4:24, NIV)

If the Holy Spirit is God, and God must be worshipped in spirit, then the only way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is IN SPIRIT. And that means your HEART.

The Pharisees had PERMANENTLY hardened their hearts to Jesus' message, and thus the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Because of this, they had committed the unforgivable sin, and they could have cared less. This is why if you are scared you committed it, then you HAVEN'T: because the person who commits the unforgivable sin DOESN'T CARE THAT THEY DID!!!

2 Peter 2:20-22:

"If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.” (NIV)

Once again, we need to read the WHOLE passage:

"These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

If you read the whole chapter until verse 22 and pay attention to WHOM the chapter is talking about, it is:"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you." (2 Peter 2:1) it is referring to false teachers who are deliberately using scripture to lead people astray. Reading the beginning of the chapter even further, it is speaking of THEIR destruction:

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. " (2 Peter 2:1-3 NIV)

We HAVE to be careful that we don't "cherry pick" verses, or we lose much of the meaning, and in this case, DANGEROUSLY so. God wasn't talking about his children in this passage, but those wolves in sheep's clothing, which know the truth, yet lead astray those that seek the Lord. God is promising them that they will dearly wish they hadn't. (See Matthew 18:6-7 for further details.)

Hebrews 6:4-6:

"It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. " (NIV)

Once again, we need to read the WHOLE passage for CONTEXT:

"Wherefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And God permitting, we will do so. It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned. Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

The "falling away" mentioned here" is a deliberate, final renouncement of Christ. This is what the Pharisees did in Matthew 12:31-32. Believers not only TASTE the goodness of the word of God, THEY DRINK IT IN. There is a major difference between those that simply sample what God has offered, and those that partake in FULL. The humbled sinner who is begging for mercy is a FAR CRY from this, and is NOT subject to these verses. If you're scared you have committed the unforgivable sin by backsliding, you haven't. This is talking about a complete "about face" that no one who is scared they have committed this sin could ever do.

Hebrews 10:26-31:

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (NIV)

These verses, along with Matthew 12:31-32, seem to be the MOTHER of all "unforgivable sin" misunderstandings. By now you'll notice a common theme: deliberate, wholehearted rejection of the Lord and his mercy. All sin is done essentially willfully; that being said, this is a deliberate "in your face" to the Lord. You would be telling him in this that you no longer want anything to do with him for ALL ETERNITY. These are people who are committing an ultimate act of rejection against the Lord: they know the truth, yet they defiantly continue on in their SIN, and relish it. They have NO SORROW.

And you do have sorrow; this means these verses ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

1 John 5:16

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that." (NIV)

Our final example here is equally misunderstood. Many assume that because it speaks of a 'brother" and "a sin unto death", that it means a brother in Christ can commit the unforgivable sin. If we look at the example of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5, God does punish with death when he deems it appropriate. But taking it in the case of the Unforgivable Sin, the clue here is that we are told not to pray for it. Just as God cannot grant mercy for someone who has utterly and finally rejected him, it wouldn't do us any good to pray for such a person. Once a person's heart has turned to solid rock as it were, they are set.

Putting it all together:

I think by now, you have seen the common thread that binds all these verses together: a deliberate, final, willful rejection of the Lord's mercy and grace. And that is the reason why if you are afraid that you have committed the unforgivable sin, then you haven't. Simply put: the reason the unforgivable sin is unforgivable is BECAUSE THE PERSON WHO COMMITS IT DOESN'T WANT FORGIVENESS!!!

So, if you are agonizing over this, STOP RIGHT NOW. NONE of the previously examined verses are referring to you; God is talking about those that have "flipped him off" and want nothing more to do with him. If you WANT forgiveness, you are BY NO MEANS BEYOND IT.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. " (1 John 1:9, NIV)

" My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. " (1 John 2:1, NIV)

Right now, go to the Lord in prayer. Ignore the voice in your head that's telling you “no, you can't”. Don't pay that any heed; that's the Adversary trying to keep you down and defeated. Just go to God the Father, confess your sin to him and ask him to forgive you. He's not going to get mad at you, nor will he throw you out:

" All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out .For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." (John 6: 37-39, KJV)

If anyone happens to be reading this and are unsaved, this also applies to you as well; there is NO sin that, if you truly want to turn from it and turn to God through his son Jesus Christ, cannot be forgiven.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. " (Romans 10:9-13, KJV)

I pray that this helps you out, William. But please believe me: you have not committed the "unforgivable sin". Just go before the Lord and tell Him what is going on, and how scared you are. He will take care of the rest.

God bless,

-Sojourner414

Wow what a great job ! The best I read anywhere.  Thanks brother for helping those with this problem. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome!

I'd also recommend you go to the website Desiring God and look for John Piper's teachings on the unforgivable sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/18/2018 at 10:26 PM, William03 said:

[EDITED]

Also after revisiting the event many times in my mind I can't remember what I thought, but I'm afraid it may have been one of the thoughts above. I didn't really understand what I was thinking, but aren't words alone bad enough? I'm so scared please help me!

I used to believe that the unforgivable sin was somehow tied to attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan.  Over time, I realized that interpretation simply seemed inconsistent with the rest of scripture.  Seriously, does our salvation completely rest on properly discerning if each and every claimed miracle was from God or not?  Does our salvation rest on not making a single mistake in one particular area?  Of course not.

The bottom line is that the only unforgivable sin is completely and always rejecting Jesus for one's entire life.  It is the complete and total rejection of the Holy Spirit's work in our life for our entire life.   It is not about a one time event or isolated thoughts or actions, it is about a continual lifelong rejection of God.

Our trust and confidence in God ultimately comes from walking with Him over time.  It is seeing His working in our life (and in other people's lives) over months, years, and decades that gives us faith, trust, confidence, and a strong sense of security in His hands.  Over months, years, and decades of walking with God and being transformed by His Holy Spirit living and working inside of us, we are changed more and more into the person God created us to be.  Thoughts (and spoken words and actions) that are unhealthy, sinful, and displeasing to God eventually disappear as we become the new creations that God intends for us to become.  

My observation of Christians for over 4 decades is that fear, doubts, and insecurity are common in younger believers and those who've recommitted their lives to Christ.  In the long run, it is our faith in God Himself that comes from knowing Him over months, years, and decades that causes fear, doubts, and insecurity to disappear.  

Hang in there. :)  As a friend of mine who has been a pastor for 30 some years often says to people, "If you are seriously worried and scared about having committed the unforgivable sin, you probably haven't."  It is learning to walk with God on a consistent basis that really changes us and causes our faith to grow.  We are each unique creations of God.  We need to learn to walk with Him as He created us to.  You need to learn how prayer best works for you, morning, evening, or night?  Alone in a quiet room, out taking a walk, driving to work?  How does Bible reading work best?  morning, evening, night?  reading chapters or a few verses?  Using a book with devotionals?  following a Bible study book?  We are all different and at different times in our lives, different patterns of spiritual practices are what we need.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

All of us have experienced unwanted thoughts.  But we have to consider that the source of many of those is satan.  He came to kill, steal and destroy, but Jesus came that we might have life that is fulfilling and overflowing.  So all we really have to do is consider the source, and say "I don't have to listen to that".  Then repeat the promises found in Scripture.  Jesus combated the temptations of satan with Scripture when he was in the wilderness.  Jesus called satan the father of lies.  Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.  His truth shall set you free from the lies of the enemy.  Place yourself and your salvation in God's hands.  He is more than able to keep you.

God says salvation is a free gift, not of works so no one can boast about it.  He also said that there are good works prepared for you to do.  The enemy doesn't want you to follow Jesus in doing good works and sharing His love with others.  Don't let him steal your love, joy and peace that are given you by the Holy Spirit.  Usually as soon as I realize the source of the problem is the enemy, the problem often disappears.  I know it is an attack and a lie, and the enemy doesn't like to be exposed by the light of God.  

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCPkTFG8FeBL6iR8YemTaMYQ

please check this out.....you will get some much needed relief....it is impossible for anyone to commit this sin unless they have a time machine—- and a VERY black heart. God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/18/2018 at 11:26 PM, William03 said:

I'm sure you all get a lot of questions about this, so I figure you all could help. Just a little back ground on me. I was saved (or so I believed so) when I was young. I've been through some rough times recently, and I looked to the Bible for comfort.

Then I came across the verse mentioning the unpardonable sin. Since I have been into a certain sin I have been trying to get out to no avail. I ask so many times for a way out no matter what. I liked to place verses about forgiveness as wallpaper on my phone. I searched for one on the internet to find the unpardonable sin. I was concerned that I had done so due to curses against God that had crossed my mind. I later found out that what had crossed my mind was not the unpardonable sin.

Fast forward about 2 weeks (my time may be off). I decided to look at the passage again for reasons I can't remember. I read the passage, and in my stupidity did not take the warning seriously. Curses once again swarmed my mind (I honestly do not remember what all they were, but I'm scared it could have been thoughts similar to what the Pharisees said). I remember having an absolute feeling of despair come across be, and I became upset once again. After this I can remember feeling this sudden strange feeling that I can't describe. Was that the Holy Spirit leaving me? I want to be forgiven more than anything, but can I? I'm afraid it was me that thought those thoughts because I wasn't thinking strait for a bit. I fear that I'm my stupidity I though the unpardonable sin.

This sparked a dark spiral of thoughts in my head. I met with the youth minister at the church, and we discussed it. He said that the unpardonable sin was attributing the work of Jesus to Satan. I agree with this definition of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I remember I felt relieved by his words, and went on; however, the worry was not all gone. Again with the dark spiral of evil thoughts.

One thing that particularly crossed my mind was (I do not want to state the first thought it because the phrase alone scares me) "Insert phrase that says the glory of God was actually the glory of.......you can guess" then I thought "maybe it was" then "oh gosh no no no that's not true". Then despair came across me. Again the dark spiral of bad thoughts. To this day I have not found genuine lasting peace. I don't remember the vast majority of my thought, but I'm almost certain that one of those evil thoughts was me commuting the unpardonable sin.

I still despise myself to this day for my stupidity in that moment following my reading of the unpardonable sin chapter a 2nd time. How could I have been so stupid as to loose reverence for the word of God, and not take it seriously. I am almost certain that because of this I have committed the unpardonable sin.

For the year and a half or so I have been living in a constant state of fear that I committed the unpardonable sin. I can't believe I thought those things, and I hate myself for it.  I'm afraid what I did was kinda intentional (but without meaning). Let me say I do not agree with those thoughts, but I'm afraid I allowed them to enter my mind because I was just plain stupid (or done in the heat of the moment). Honestly I'm not sure if I knew 100% what I was actually doing. I just kinda happened. I didn't think about it. I've been researching this topic a lot, and I have come across so many interpretations.

I do agree with the idea that the unpardonable sin is giving Satan credit for God's work. I am terrified, and scared out of my mind. Not a day has gone that I haven't worried about it. I'm afraid of my spiritual condition, and so depressed. To this day I'm having crazy thoughts, and I'm scared I'm entertaining them. I also don't feel convicted like I use to, but I still feel conviction. It's just different now. Or is my fear of committing it conviction? I don't agree with my sin by an means, so don't get me wrong their. I'm also having a hard (if not impossible) time feeling God's presence (though I have a couple of times since).

I have spoken with the head pastor of our church, and he believes that if such a sin could be committed today that I have not committed it simply because I'm worried. He is also convinced that God has a big plan for me, but I'm afraid God has given up on me.

Can I ever get out of this worry? Could this sin unsave me? Does it mean I wasn't saved to begin with? I want to come to Jesus more than anything, but I'm afraid he won't accept me. I'm afraid the desire to come to Christ is from me, and not the Holy Spirit. Have I committed the unpardonable sin? Do I have hope, or am I hopelessly condemned? Is the Lord going to reject me? 

Before someone says this I do have OCD, but I don't know how that could play in. I don't think it did.

Yes, there is a way out. The unpardonable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ. Trust Jesus Christ for salvation. He died a horrible death then rose from the dead to take our sin, guilt and shame. No one is perfect, so Christ made a way for us to be transformed when He returns, ready for eternal life!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

William, many years ago I used to be afraid of the same exact thing! Please listen to what these wise members have told you, because it's the Truth. You think that the Holy Spirit has left you, but that's false. HE is the one drawing you to find answers. He led you to the youth pastor, and He's led you here, to this site. Do you think that was an accident? Or that, perhaps you found Worthy on your own? No, you were guided. :)

I am new here too. I had been away from God for a long, long time. Didn't care about anything. So what made me suddenly, out of the blue, decide to join this site? It wasn't me doing it...it was the Holy Spirit working within me, unconsciously or sub-consciously. When we know we need help, that is Jesus calling to us. I've heard that the Lord never gives up on us...He will continue to lure us back to Him until the day we die. That's why it's so important to repair our broken relationship with God. The only reason He wouldn't take us back, is if we totally and completely reject Him; turn our backs on Him and stay that way for our entire lives.

Listen, I just recently accepted salvation AGAIN, because I didn't think it was working. Even now, I don't feel any different, and I'm struggling to pray and read the Bible. But one thing I'm not allowing myself to do is doubt and worry (well, I do sometimes, but I force myself to strike down those thoughts). We can't depend on our feelings because they change constantly. God's love for us doesn't depend on how we feel. His love for us is constant.

You should visit here at Worthy often, William. Most of the members who comment in these forums are mature, long-time Christians. They have the experience to guide us properly. It's by their own years of struggling and doubts that have made them wise, and they understand where people like you and me are coming from. God uses them to help and encourage others in their Christian walk.

So don't worry and don't be scared. You are safe! Whenever those thoughts come into your head, immediately distract yourself! Walk outside, listen to music, read the Bible, start singing or yelling. Whatever you need to do to get your mind free of negative thoughts is what you have to do. Okay?

I may be an inexperienced believer, but I know what suffering is. I'll be your friend here, and so will many others.

May God bless you and comfort you! :6:

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero

I agree with what William's Pastor said.  Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is attributing the works of the Spirit to the devil.  I also agree with him that you, William, did not commit this sin, or God wouldn't still be dealing with you about it.  This is not something done in error.  It is not a sinful thought that the devil puts in your mind.  It is something you willfully choose to do.  If you want to be saved, and you were saved before, simply ask God to forgive you of your sins.  He promises in 1 John he will, and tell Jesus you want him to come back into your life and promise to follow him from this day forward to the best of your ability.  If you mess up from time to time, ask God's forgiveness.  I don't believe anyone who is truly wanting to be saved has committed the unpardonable sin.  If someone has committed that sin, the Spirit would depart from them, and they would have no desire to be saved.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Think of it like this..

What is the difference, the main, between a Saved person, and a lost person?

Its really just one thing....which is, the saved person's sins are forgiven, and the unsaved person's sins are not forgiven.

The term "saved", simply means, (in the Christian context), that because we have trusted in Jesus by faith, and have been born again by God through the Holy Spirit, .. we are now saved from the eternal judgment that was due us after we died,  that Jesus took upon himself, in our place....=  on the cross.

See, Jesus is dying in our place, shedding His Royal Blood for OUR SIN, and this (sin forgiving PARDON) is NOT given to the person who has not believed in Christ and been born again.

To be "saved, is to be pardoned for/from all your sin, and to be unsaved is to not be pardoned, and in fact this person is waiting on God's eternal White Throne judgement for sin after their death.

So, in this, we see, "pardoned", vs "not pardoned"....

Are you getting it?

Do you see it?

Its simple....the "unpardonable sin", is to die not being saved, not being PARDONED, as if you do this, there is no remedy for it after you are dead, and so this sin can't be resolved in eternity, because the only way to resolve it was rejected by the person on earth.

And so,  this is the word that describes the unpardonable sin....>>>>>"REJECTED"<<<<<.....   Rejected what?.... Rejected the sin forgiving  PARDON that SAVED YOU if you believe in Jesus.

So, the term for a person who is committing the unpardonable sin while they live, and HAVE committed it upon their death, =  is CHRIST REJECTOR.

Thats the person (The Christ Rejector)  who is committing this sin, and if they die, they die without the pardon for their sins, which is to commit the "unpardonable sin".

So, this explain why a saved person can't commit this sin., ever.

Edited by Behold