Yowm

Man's distinctives from the animals.

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 9:56 PM, Heleadethme said:

We can see by the behaviour of chimpanzees and apes, why mankind needs a Saviour to save him from himself and atone for his horrible sins.  Thankfully there is one, though it is as the bible says, few will find Him.

I am not sure I understand this. I am not an expert of Christianity teachings, after all.

You think that the observation of what chimps and apes do, explains why humans need a savior? 

I understand what you mean, since I know we and apes are biologically related. Actually, humans are still (great) apes, taxonomically. But I was not aware that this biological relationship had also theological relevance in Christianity. I found that interesting. I am learning so much.

:) siegi :)

Edited by siegi91

26 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

I am not sure I understand this. I am not an expert of Christianity teachings, after all.

You think that the observation of what chimps and apes do, explains why humans need a savior? 

I understand what you mean, since I know we and apes are biologically related. Actually, humans are still (great) apes, taxonomically. But I was not aware that this biological relationship had also theological relevance in Christianity. I found that interesting. I am learning so much.

:) siegi :)

Yeah, because they are just like us without a Saviour.....animals.  Humans and primates are very similar in our carnality and behaviour.  The bible says that men without God are like the beasts that perish.  He created us to be better than that.....but we really can't without Him.  I went to a drive-through zoo, like a mini-safari and a troop of little monkeys were climbing all over the car.......um, how do i put this, it was like looking at a fast moving movie through the windscreen, of little people in real life, everything that is normally done in private.....quite disgusting actually.  Well God did say that we could learn by looking at all that He has created, yikes.  Yes, we were created to be better.....and no wonder He wont' welcome us to heaven the way we naturally are.......so this is why need the new nature that Christ imparts to us by His Spirit.....and thankfully it is effective and works well to civilize and tame the wild animals that we are without Him.

Posted (edited)
On 07/04/2018 at 5:31 AM, one.opinion said:

Do you know of other religions with resurrection claims about historical figures

The Romans and Egyptians had dying and rising saviour God. Mentioned a few here.  The Romans even used to have passion plays of theirs...July 7th if memory serves. 

I urge you to watch lectures on you tube initially..i started with Richard carrier then googled the God claims to corroberate.

Also, I believe that Christianity is unique in the intensity of persecution it suffered at its beginning. The disciples had no motive to continue to preach what they believed other than the sincerity of that belief. It would be stretching incredulity to state that they all had the same hallucinations or concocted a story of all the brought to themselves was the pain of persecution and death

Could it not be the beliefs were to give hope under the persecutions in Judea? How can we corroberate the bible claims? 

Other religions have individals in them that can be said to corroberate the narrative. People abducted by aliens have very similar stories. These people are still around now. I'd guess you don't buy into that but will buy into a book 2k years ish old based on copies of copies of translations of copies from languages that die out and change in one small patch of land with people you can't go talk to? All myths and religions are born this way right. It seems to me any one right God if there is one has done a poor job of announcing himself to us fairly to the world that we'd have good reason to buy into it. What about parts of the world that knew nothing of Christianity and Jesus... tough and straight to hell for torture forever despite how good they were? Yet a mass murder and child rapist could accept Jesus and be saved and go to heaven? 

Well, I accept what the scientific evidence suggests. But I also believe that philosophical materialism is a mistake. I think it is an error to assume that nothing could possibly exist that is beyond our ability to sense or measure

Scientific evidence demonstrates a god then a christian one? Wouldn't you have bought into Adam and eve personally based on what the bible says pre darwin? So scientifically you then you cannot believe in a global flood..6 day creation too? fall of Babel spreading languages throughout the world and so much more?  You're already picking and choosing on the bible of so? 

My position is I don't assume no god or there's nothing more beyond what's been demonstrated neither does science but I cant drop a god into areas where we are still to learn. I.e. the retreating God of the gaps arguement. The position is to withhold this belief until there is evidence. This applies in all areas of knowledge and understanding not just on religion.

I believe there is a living, loving God and what we can sense or measure is the product of His creative work.

Based on the bible I'd contest loving... stone to death those who leave the religion... those who work on the Sabbath..unruley children.. being gay.. slaughter all but the virgin girls that you can keep for yourselves. Owning slaves as property to pass to your kids and beat.  Tip of the iceberg but you get the drift.

On Jesus... I've heard some of infant Jesus.. stories about him growing up.. doesn't sound nice either and a dragon slayer ?! Based upon some books now left out of the bible but I need to look into that more. 

His creative work? Evidence "he" created it? What do we sense? How is this sense theists have verified?

I understand this is an extraordinary claim without evidential proof to back it up. But I believe we are limited in what our senses and tools can tell us.

Less limited than we were. What we've learnt thus where as once we appealed to supernatural claims is natural laws that have required no supernatural. In terms of what's yet to be understood... appeal to more magical claims and believe in that now or withhold belief until we've evidence? 

Edited by Kevinb

On 4/3/2018 at 8:10 AM, Billiards Ball said:

So if I challenged you to go outside, you wouldn't because you would resist the nudity and the animalistic behavior. You must have a soul!

But if I were born in Papa New Guinea or various parts of Africa I may not think anything of going outside mostly or fully nude.  

Man exist as does every other living thing for at least ONE specific reason.

In the entire Universe with its BILLIONS of stars, planes and galaxies; only one; only planet earth can be PROVEN to be able to support all the life forms that we know of. Planet-Earth.

On Planet earth with its MILLIONS of living things Only one; only humanity is RATIONAL

WHY IS THAT?

It is because Life is the God TEST; with a pass or fail only grading. 

Isaiah 43: 7 & 21

[7]"And every one that calleth upon my name, I have created him for my glory, I have formed him, and made him.

[21] This people have I formed for myself, they shall shew forth my praise"

The primary reason for human existence is to GLORIFY our God.

How well or how poorly we do this will determine where we spend eternity. Amen!

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

On 3/18/2018 at 11:34 PM, Yowm said:

This is just a quick partial list of a few verses taken from early Genesis showing distinctions of man differing from animals they never taught you in school. LOL

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(Gen 1:28) Man to have dominion over creation on earth.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(Gen 2:23) Marriage

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
(Gen 3:7) Clothing

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
(Gen 3:8) Fear of their Creator

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
(Gen 3:10) Deception

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
(Gen 3:12) Blame shifting

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(Gen 3:18)
Agriculture

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 
(Gen 3:16) Pain and sorrow in childbirth

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
(Gen 3:19) Work loads

But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
(Gen 4:5) Envy

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
(Gen 4:8) Pre Meditative Murder

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
(Gen 4:26) Worship

And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
(Gen 9:2) Fear of man by animals.

So my friend in SUMMARY:

In the entire Universe with its BILLIONS of things; only one; only humanity is Rational as is our God. Gen. 1:26-27

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

2 hours ago, Patrick Miron said:

So my friend in SUMMARY:

In the entire Universe with its BILLIONS of things; only one; only humanity is Rational as is our God. Gen. 1:26-27

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

Though the image is marred through the Fall...that too :)

On ‎4‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, Kevinb said:

Okay so that's the biblical claim... how do we corroberate that as I'm sure you wouldn't suggest the claim is evidence for the claim? 

Hi Kevinb.

Do you know of any animal that can compose a symphony, read music and play the piano, violin, guitar? Any animals that can plan, design and build a submarine, a jet fighter, a car, an ocean liner, an aircraft carrier, a sky scraper a nuclear power station? Do you know of any animal that can do brain surgery? Do you know of any animal that can teach math's, English, speak seven languages? Do you know of any animals that can get a job in an open cut coal mine, like I did after working underground for five years, and go to work at the correct time and shift and operate a Liebherr 996 Litronic excavator and safely load 300 Cat. 793 rear dumps in a twelve hour shift rotating day and night? How about an electric face shovel? A front end loader?

Only  being created in God's image and likeness is capable of doing such things.

Z 35.jpg

BULGA SHOVEL.jpg

BULGA ME LOADER 2.jpg

Patrick Miron said,

"

In the entire Universe with its BILLIONS of stars, planes and galaxies; only one; only planet earth can be PROVEN to be able to support all the life forms that we know of. Planet-Earth."

Hi Patrick.

I believe the universe is inhabited, and the earth at this time in the only planet that is in rebellion against God. We can rest assured, God will rectify things in His own good time.

Revelation 12:12, Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, (PLURAL), and ye that dwell in them. (AGAIN PLURAL). Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.