• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys,

I've been following these things (both from websites and youtube channels for the last year) and it occurred to me.... isn't Mel Gibson making sequel to the movie "Passion of Christ"? Wouldn't it be awesome if the movie went out and even more people got saved before the tribulation starts? It also completes the message of the Bible wherein our Lord's resurrection is just as important as His death. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Actually the resurrection seals the deal that A Holy Righteous God has forgiven us our sins... It is the crowned jewel of our wedding ring!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 3/19/2018 at 1:08 AM, jerboago said:

isn't Mel Gibson making sequel to the movie "Passion of Christ"? Wouldn't it be awesome if the movie went out and even more people got saved before the tribulation starts?

Amen brother. Whenever there is a movie, or other communcation concerning our Savior, there are many who find fault, and probably because there are so many different doctrines in the Church, but Paul put it like this in Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, Larry 2 said:

Amen brother. Whenever there is a movie, or other communcation concerning our Savior, there are many who find fault, and probably because there are so many different doctrines in the Church, but Paul put it like this in Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 

Paul also put it like this in 1 Timothy vs 3-5:

As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mayest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, neither giving heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith, so do. Now the end of the commandment (or charge) is charity (love) out of a pure heart and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:...…...

The instructional epistles as many call them, I and 2 Timothy and Titus, start off with a command to, basically,  tell others to stop teaching bad doctrine.  The he proceeds to speak of the outcome or affect such things have on the sheep. 

Also Titus ch2 vs 1: "Speak the things fitting for sound doctrine."    

It's the sum of the word, not just some one line statement that seems to smooth things over with false and misleading teachers and prophets and in this case, bad emotionalized Hollywood money making productions. 

Jesus said to make disciples, feed His sheep. Movies manipulate emotion and so do many churches. Bad doctrine is bad doctrine and all my life I've heard nothing but excuses for it. If Hollywood films made by money making non believers is lifted up as our evangelistic means, what does that say about our understanding?

God can and does use anything, Myself and many others I personally know came to the Lord from preaching by cults, we all found our paths out of them lead by the Holy Spirit but what a shame. It took a decade before I received half way decent discipleship, for some I know it took less time but some more time, but I say again, what a shame. It isn't about salvation as it is something in our hands, that's Gods department, we have the responsibility of discipleship, not adding to the church daily as such should be saved, God adds to the church daily as such should be saved, Acts ch2. Some plant some water but it is God who gives the increase.

"Peter do you love me" "Yes Lord, you know I love you" "Feed My sheep" Jesus was emphatic, He repeated it three times, but we go after numbers, over and over and over...………….

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I was somewhat impressed with the "Risen" movie that was done a few years ago.  Gibson could probably outdo that script, but "Risen" was very intriguing.  If one hasn't seen it, I recommend taking a look at it. Definitely graphic (like Gibson's stuff).