IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I have been here for many years and I have watched this site turn in such a strange direction, one that makes me wonder what has really happened here. The type of posting that has been going on for awhile now  is no more than a  lot of platitudes and mysterious statements that mean nothing to the reader, only to the poster.  Between this type of posting and the false teaching, there in not much left here anymore.  I am really saddened that this site has turned from solid bible teaching to this.  God have mercy on this place and the people who come here.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

@OneLight...I'm sorry that you feel this way. I am very new to Worthy, have only been here a week, but so far, I find it to be uplifting. Everyone that I have come into contact with so far, seems to be genuinely caring and helpful.

Having said this, as a fresh set of eyes, so to speak, the only things I have found that bother me is the constant debating in the forums over doctrine. If we are to follow the bible, then there should be no arguments. The Holy Bible clearly speaks for itself. There should only be discussions clearing up any confusion over Scripture. For example, for new Christians or seekers who have sincere questions about what the bible teaches.

I also feel that atheists should not be allowed access to all areas of the site. It's unlikely that they will change their pov, and, for the most part, they only like to argue and cause discord.

Just my two-cents!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I for one am tired of all the "this site is horrible" or "its going to the dogs" or "no ones nice so im leaving" posts. And actually, the last one i like more then the first two.

And why is that? Because its whining and complaining. Phillippians 2:14 says to do all things without grumbling or complaining.

If  You dont like the general environment of worthy, then do something about it-and by that i mean something positive, because grumbling and complaining onpy adds to the negativity of the site...or leave. Thats just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

I think we'll just leave it.

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

I joined this site in 2003.  The only other members that are still here that were here when I joined is Angels4u and George.   That's it.  And yes, the site has changed a lot.  

There was a time when false teaching could not flourish.  We had false teachers, but they were kept in check due to having a sufficient number of moderators in both the US and across the pond, in Europe, particularly the UK and at least one from as far away as New Zealand.   This kept the board pretty much moderated at all times. 

During the first few years I was member here, WBs had the reputation as being the best moderated Christian message board in cyber-space.  In fact, people complained about WBs on other sites due to the fact that we were so well-moderated.   They could not get their false teachings to stick because we had sufficient mods to catch and remove those teachings.   And we had waves of false teachers that would show up at the same time and basically try to tag-team us from other sites.  But they never made in any head-way.  And believe me, we had some weirdos.  People claiming to be reincarnations of biblical prophets and some even claiming to be Jesus.   We had one person who decided to take Paul's metaphor on the members of the body of Christ (hands, eyes, feet, etc.) and expand on that by teaching what it means to be the liver of Christ, the spleen of Christ, the gall bladder of Christ, and so on.   I mean, I could fill many pages on the false stuff that had come through here in my early years on this board. 

What the board needs is more moderators and there are other members that I see on here that would be good at moderation and would hold up for the truth and protect the board from the wolves. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Smiling while the wolves devour the sheep isn't going to help. And as much as many of us try to debunk the garbage out there, there is a never-ending flow of it ; just ask Davida, Cobalt1959, Shiloh357, Yowm and the others who have tried repeatedly. I'm sure we "do everything wrong" and that folks can surely tell us a "better way to do it", but I never seem to see them when a new cockeyed "teaching" or half-baked "concept" comes up and we're the only ones who are willing to even engage it.

Not everyone who comes here is a "misguided soul" who simply needs "correction".

I've seen several other sites go down this same exact road, and the result is the same time and time again. They end up as ghost sites with no one on them, former shadows of their previous selves while the false teachers and trolls search rabidly for "new hunting grounds" to exploit. All while believers repeatedly surrendered the sword of the spirit and the shield of faith simply to appease the "don't fight " crowds.

Tell you what: don't bother even listening.  I'll even do you the favor and report myself for disagreeing with the "yes people" of the board.

I'm done in this topic; don't even bother replying to me.

-Sojo414 out.

I didn't say smile, did? What i said was sitting around complaining about it, wont fix it, in fact it just makes it worse as it just contributes to the issue.

Instead, it would be better to seek out a solution. Obviously countering it does no good, over moderation just kills the forums...take the us news section for instance. Sure, it was vile and something needed done, but now there is little to no discussion at all their, and the former nasty discussions from there, are just bleeding out into the restof the forums.

So maybe instead of lashing out at me for simply stating the obvious, you actually read and understand what im saying. I do believe jade is onto something in her comment. You cant change peoples hearts through moderation anymore then you can legislate morality. You cant change how people react to you, but you can change how you react to them.

Theres lots of "countering" going on, all that is going to happen is strife, like this, then mumbling, and complaining. Well, wheres the teaching? Wheres the edifying? Tell me, in this thread alone, what is edifying about it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Worthy is an excellent ministry today!

Perhaps if a person is unhappy then they should wonder and pray over why, and retire for at least awhile (a fast) with grace and with high appreciation for the time they have had at the ministry of someone else serving our lord Jesus.   This ministry is work done to the Glory of God  in the name of our Lord Jesus. I think it best to pray over it and not ask others to leave in a cluster of "we" the disgruntled. Instead taking a time to look inward, while asking of self, what is going on in there, what restoration of happy countenance is needed within? At the least, if  anyone is tired or can't have their "comfort" they should  avoid trying to establish a disgruntled "we".

May God bless the ministry here. May I be humble in acceptance of the guidelines of the board, and may I read often those guidelines in personal effort to not get so personally arrogant as to think it is to be my way or I will hit the highway even asking  others to do the same.

May I remember that before God I will be brought, and when I am I will not be able to say  "we" think, and if You don't change "we" are leaving this place.

Instead I think  I need account of myself with some sense of humility and in confidence. I might as well start that good practice as of this moment and try to hold onto that  way every moment forward- it is part of my own sanctification. Thank you Lord for the efforts of Worthy Christian Forums. Please bless it and those responsible for the work done in Your name on it and through it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I didn't say smile, did? What i said was sitting around complaining about it, wont fix it, in fact it just makes it worse as it just contributes to the issue.

You can't fix a problem until you recognize and verbalize the problem.  

Instead, it would be better to seek out a solution. Obviously countering it does no good, over moderation just kills the forums...take the us news section for instance. Sure, it was vile and something needed done, but now there is little to no discussion at all their, and the former nasty discussions from there, are just bleeding out into the restof the forums.

Not true, the primary troublemakers are no longer there causing problems and the political forums are peaceful once again and there is nothing  form the political forums are not being taken to the rest of forums.

No one is talking about over-moderating.   But when the boards were more tightly moderated, we still had good discussions.

So maybe instead of lashing out at me for simply stating the obvious, you actually read and understand what im saying. I do believe jade is onto something in her comment. You cant change peoples hearts through moderation anymore then you can legislate morality. You cant change how people react to you, but you can change how you react to them.

You didn't state the obvious.  You complained about people stating the obvious. Moderation isn't about changing hearts.   And we don't legislate anything BUT morality. 

Theres lots of "countering" going on, all that is going to happen is strife, like this, then mumbling, and complaining. Well, wheres the teaching? Wheres the edifying? Tell me, in this thread alone, what is edifying about it?

There used to be a lot more teaching and edifying when we had a larger mod team and the boards were more tightly regulated.