IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To shed a little light upon these thoughts... God's Word has formed all that we are and what we are in... that simply is basic bottom line doctrine! So then I ask where do we in any place find lie 'that which is not from God' acceptable? The security of light and darkness is just that... neither can be the other- this alone should be within our own beings strength to oppose the other till taken home. No where does God give us permission to run and hide

Matt 5:14-20
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

God has the problem well in hand .... continue in the things you know to be God's Word! 
Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

22 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This isn't a church. It is a message forum. I would advice everyone here to go find a nice church or a small study group where they can get a spiritual foundation.   

Some don’t have the option of going to church, that is what is being said. This is a site that Christians meet to talk, much like a church. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, hmbld said:
32 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This isn't a church. It is a message forum. I would advice everyone here to go find a nice church or a small study group where they can get a spiritual foundation.   

Some don’t have the option of going to church, that is what is being said. This is a site that Christians meet to talk, much like a church. 

Exactly.  How many come here after praying so they can do His will?  Remember, if two or more are gathered in His name, He is among them.  A church is not a building, but a gathering of His people.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You are ignoring the truth behind what I said only to suggest this is just a message board.  I know what a forum is, but that does not mean that is the reason people come here.  Look around at all the questions people ask about salvation and you will begin to see it is more than a message board. 

Perhaps I have not explain things clearly enough. I shall try once more. I said that this place is a message form and not to church in order to explain why there are so many different teachings. Generally a church has one teaching and no one else is aloud to come in and teach anything different. It is not so with this message forum.   When I join I was under the impression that I  could post MY BELIEFS on Bible verses, spiritual matters, ect ect within reason. Then you all can either agree with my beliefs or argue against them. You can't really do that in a church with a pastor given a sermon. Or at less you shouldn't. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Exactly.  How many come here after praying so they can do His will?  Remember, if two or more are gathered in His name, He is among them.  A church is not a building, but a gathering of His people.

you also have the added momentum in this consideration of Paul

Col 2:4-5
4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
KJV

although Paul was not present in flesh His written letter had his conjoining s/Spirit with them... 

12 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Sigh.......

Okay fine. If you all what this site to be a church where only certain beliefs are taught. Please lay out what these beliefs are.  Then any post that disagrees or differs from those beliefs should be delete.  <_<

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Perhaps I have not explain things clearly enough. I shall try once more. I said that this place is a message form and not to church in order to explain why there are so many different teachings. Generally a church has one teaching and no one else is aloud to come in and teach anything different. It is not so with this message forum.   When I join I was under the impression that I  could post MY BELIEFS on Bible verses, spiritual matters, ect ect within reason. Then you all can either agree with my beliefs or argue against them. You can't really do that in a church with a pastor given a sermon. Or at less you shouldn't.

I understood what you meant and you have every right to post your beliefs of what scripture says.  Now that this is agreed upon, take a real good look around.  There are far less people coming here to discuss, but to teach.  It would seem that discussions would be favored over teaching, but not as of late.  Posts after posts of teaching has flooded the forum more then ever before.  How is one to discuss with someone who is not here to discuss?  By the way, this is a discussion forum, not a message board.

Why wouldn't you approach a pastor if you see they are a false teacher?  Would you just leave without speaking to them?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:
28 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Sigh.......

Okay fine. If you all what this site to be a church where only certain beliefs are taught. Please lay out what these beliefs are.  Then any post that disagrees or differs from those beliefs should be delete.  <_<

Come on LadyKay ... a balance is needed, not an open door policy nor a strict lined belief system. 

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Posts after posts of teaching has flooded the forum more then ever before. 

Well. I have at times. Brought some post to the attention of a moderator privately. I will admit that there have been a few post that have concern me.  Perhaps, a solution could be that if we come across a post that seems to be way out there,that should be  the attention of a moderator.

On a funny note. I say do this privately.Because well I didn't do it privately one time and told someone their post was on the nutty side and well lets just say that did not go well. :laugh: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well. I have at times. Brought some post to the attention of a moderator privately. I will admit that there have been a few post that have concern me.  Perhaps, a solution could be that if we come across a post that seems to be way out there,that should be  the attention of a moderator.

On a funny note. I say do this privately.Because well I didn't do it privately one time and told someone their post was on the nutty side and well lets just say that did not go well. :laugh: 

Yes, and some do report them.  I know this for a fact as I had been a moderator for a few years here, and since then, I continue to bring them to the attention of the mods.  The problem is, like Shiloh stated, what used to be a moderated site with four or more moderators is now just Steve and Omegaman, both basically in the same timezone, where there is no 24/7 like it used to be.  I can also state that the idea to allow certain threads to continue is so people can gain experience with pointing out the truth, but that has not gone as expected.  When someone makes one or two statements that need correction, it is a lot easier then reams of posts full of bad doctrine where people do not even know where to begin, so they ignore it and the thread remains readable to everyone.

At this moment, there are 32 members online and 142 guests.  These guests are reading the good and the bad, and when nobody will try and correct certain members and their false teachings due to either the length of their teachings or the fact that they have been shown the truth more than people can remember with no resolve, it's like the site agrees with these posters as their teachings remain public

• Thumbs Up 1