IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

Guest shiloh357
56 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Perhaps I have not explain things clearly enough. I shall try once more. I said that this place is a message form and not to church in order to explain why there are so many different teachings. Generally a church has one teaching and no one else is aloud to come in and teach anything different. It is not so with this message forum.   When I join I was under the impression that I  could post MY BELIEFS on Bible verses, spiritual matters, ect ect within reason. Then you all can either agree with my beliefs or argue against them. You can't really do that in a church with a pastor given a sermon. Or at less you shouldn't. 

What we are talking about are people who come here with an agenda to teach us what they think is the truth.  They are not coming to this board to fellowship and they don't like mainstream Christianity.  They come here to promote alternative "scriptures" and they come here to dismantle mainstream, biblical Christianity.  

No one is saying that we need one set of beliefs that the entire board must adhere to.   That is how cults get started, but there are those who see us Christians as poor deluded, ignorant people who are deceived and they are here to change us.  They think that everything we believe about Jesus and the Scriptures is wrong and they are the only ones with "the truth."

It is not that they are simply misreading the Bible, but that they are intentionally contradicting what the Bible says in favor of what they want to impose on us.  Many are probably leaders of cult groups and/or come to places like WBs to garner a following.   They are not here with noble intentions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We all vary within possible parameters of some Scriptures but we also in mystery know one another who is and is not of the faith... because we are united by One Spirit searching with all our hearts the truth that lies within us by examination of intense study of God's Word!  

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yes, and some do report them.  I know this for a fact as I had been a moderator for a few years here, and since then, I continue to bring them to the attention of the mods.  The problem is, like Shiloh stated, what used to be a moderated site with four or more moderators is now just Steve and Omegaman, both basically in the same timezone, where there is no 24/7 like it used to be.  I can also state that the idea to allow certain threads to continue is so people can gain experience with pointing out the truth, but that has not gone as expected.  When someone makes one or two statements that need correction, it is a lot easier then reams of posts full of bad doctrine where people do not even know where to begin, so they ignore it and the thread remains readable to everyone.

At this moment, there are 32 members online and 142 guests.  These guests are reading the good and the bad, and when nobody will try and correct certain members and their false teachings due to either the length of their teachings or the fact that they have been shown the truth more than people can remember with no resolve, it's like the site agrees with these posters as their teachings remain public

It sounds like Worthy needs to hold a meeting. To bring in more moderators. Another forum I was a member of years ago, once a year they had like an application posted for whom ever was interesting in being a moderator. There was a clear list of what you had to do like a job description and even training took place.  I think that this is an ideal that should be consider. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Sigh.......

Okay fine. If you all what this site to be a church where only certain beliefs are taught. Please lay out what these beliefs are.  Then any post that disagrees or differs from those beliefs should be delete.  <_<

The owner of this site has posted what the purpose, and what this site believes. 

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

I have been here for many years and I have watched this site turn in such a strange direction, one that makes me wonder what has really happened here. The type of posting that has been going on for awhile now  is no more than a  lot of platitudes and mysterious statements that mean nothing to the reader, only to the poster.  Between this type of posting and the false teaching, there in not much left here anymore.  I am really saddened that this site has turned from solid bible teaching to this.  God have mercy on this place and the people who come here.

I agree. So many good people have left because of what has happened here. I guess that it is a sign of the times of the falling away.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

I agree. So many good people have left because of what has happened here. I guess that it is a sign of the times of the falling away.

I would say that people are picking their battles instead of remaining where the enemy has the upper hand, not on purpose, but, still the same, they are allowed to overtake what was once a solid christian site.   Those who leave are not turning from God.  Those who have turned from God are coming here to take this site away from God.  It's too bad this is not being stopped as there are very few true online sites that are His these days.  That is where you find the falling away.

• Thumbs Up 3

By falling away I meant that those who are outside the main stream are taking over the forum. I have been a member since 2008, and have posted thousands of times. Just like you. I remember when you were a mod. We even got into discussions many a time. But, it was always civil. 

Many times the same subject comes up, which have been discussed ad-nauseum with supporting scriptures. People who don't bother to do any research of the forums demand that you repost the scriptures again, and again, with the same comebacks as to why the scriptures are not correct.

It has gotten to the point that I have stopped replying to these posts/OPs, except to state the basic premise and refer them to the forums for supporting scriptures. I know many look at this as a cop out, but after posting long posts on the same subjects that essentially get ignored, frustrations have taken over.

13 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

By falling away I meant that those who are outside the main stream are taking over the forum. I have been a member since 2008, and have posted thousands of times. Just like you. I remember when you were a mod. We even got into discussions many a time. But, it was always civil. 

Many times the same subject comes up, which have been discussed ad-nauseum with supporting scriptures. People who don't bother to do any research of the forums demand that you repost the scriptures again, and again, with the same comebacks as to why the scriptures are not correct.

It has gotten to the point that I have stopped replying to these posts/OPs, except to state the basic premise and refer them to the forums for supporting scriptures. I know many look at this as a cop out, but after posting long posts on the same subjects that essentially get ignored, frustrations have taken over.

What you say is all too true.  New members do not use the search to see what has been said.  To them, it is a hot new subject and they refuse to do the homework.  Instead, they want others to do the work for them and report back.  This does get very tiring.

Yes, I can remember the civil discussions also, which is what I miss the most.  Most of what we read here is far too judgmental.  What you can see is "I'm Right, You're Wrong ... End of Story"  Peoples salvation is questioned when someone does not agree with them on non-salvation issues.  How to communicate properly is sorely lacking.  Read the threads for proof.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This isn't a church. It is a message forum. I would advice everyone here to go find a nice church or a small study group where they can get a spiritual foundation.   

I agree with you in premise, LK, but some of our members are disabled and/or homebound.  This board IS their fellowship.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Sounds like a thread on that topic would be truly beneficial, but immediately my thoughts go to 'how long will it last before it becomes a thread exemplifying how not to communicate?'

I have tried that to no avail, and you are correct, it did turn south.  I even spoke to individuals with the same results.  People like to hear themselves talk even when they make no sense at all.  They understand what they are talking about, but fail to put it into words for others to follow.  What I see missing is the tool of reading what is being posted as if you have never read it before to ensure what you want to say is actually being said.  It seems people like where they are and don't want to grow.  Their claim that God sent them is all they need.

• Thumbs Up 1