IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

55 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I would say that people are picking their battles instead of remaining where the enemy has the upper hand, not on purpose, but, still the same, they are allowed to overtake what was once a solid christian site.   Those who leave are not turning from God.  Those who have turned from God are coming here to take this site away from God.  It's too bad this is not being stopped as there are very few true online sites that are His these days.  That is where you find the falling away.

I couldn't agree more, OneLight.  After almost twelve years I am seeing a real decline here.  As for countering the agendas...twice I have called out lies and been banned from the topics I posted in.  And my posts were deleted according to a reliable source.  I don't know why this site is being neglected the way it has been lately but I DO know that people have left or have one foot out the door.  Myself included.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You can't fix a problem until you recognize and verbalize the problem.  

Not true, the primary troublemakers are no longer there causing problems and the political forums are peaceful once again and there is nothing  form the political forums are not being taken to the rest of forums.

No one is talking about over-moderating.   But when the boards were more tightly moderated, we still had good discussions.

You didn't state the obvious.  You complained about people stating the obvious. Moderation isn't about changing hearts.   And we don't legislate anything BUT morality. 

There used to be a lot more teaching and edifying when we had a larger mod team and the boards were more tightly regulated.

So let me get this straight, your solution is to sit and grumble, and blame the issues on others? And expect others to fix it? Because thats all im getting from you. Well, the thing is, you dont need a larger mox team to bring on more teaching and edifying. You just need more people teaching and edifying....and sitting around grumbling and expecting others to fix a problem your more then capable of fixing on your own isnt teaching or edifying.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I couldn't agree more, OneLight.  After almost twelve years I am seeing a real decline here.  As for countering the agendas...twice I have called out lies and been banned from the topics I posted in.  And my posts were deleted according to a reliable source.  I don't know why this site is being neglected the way it has been lately but I DO know that people have left or have one foot out the door.  Myself included.

With just two moderators, with little time to moderate, we can't expect anything else.  The ministry has been hidden, except for the Servants.  Nobody knows who the Watchmen are anymore unless you are part of their group.  Why hide?  I don't have the answer and the explanation given was lacking substance so it's not worth repeating.  Anyone can call what they find online as news.  Everything with a scent of conspiracy become relevant.  Who knows what's next?

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

So let me get this straight, your solution is to sit and grumble, and blame the issues on others? And expect others to fix it? Because thats all im getting from you. Well, the thing is, you dont need a larger mox team to bring on more teaching and edifying. You just need more people teaching and edifying....and sitting around grumbling and expecting others to fix a problem your more then capable of fixing on your own isnt teaching or edifying.

Have you noticed who those who teach and edify are?  New members and false teachers, while those who can have found their threads they hang in most of the time, tired of repeating themselves.  The problem is, this site, when welcomed questions, have been overrun with questions and nobody willing to pick up the gantlet to answer them.  It's easy to condemn a thread like this in the name of protecting what once was while turning a blind eye to what it has become.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

So let me get this straight, your solution is to sit and grumble, and blame the issues on others? And expect others to fix it? 

No, my solution is that we need more moderators and we need them in different time zones.  Like we used to have. 

Because thats all im getting from you. Well, the thing is, you dont need a larger mox team to bring on more teaching and edifying. You just need more people teaching and edifying....and sitting around grumbling and expecting others to fix a problem your more then capable of fixing on your own isnt teaching or edifying.

I have been here much longer than you have and I know what I am talking about and I remember what the board was like when we had a sufficient number of moderators to handle a sight this big.   So, I am operating off of experience and I can compare what it is like now to what is was 14 years ago when I joined. So I will just go with my experience over your unqualified opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

You guys are like family. Most of you tell me the truth even if I don't want to hear it. That's what true christians do. They tell you the truth when others won't. I even have some ya'll on my fb. That's a good thing cause if someone leaves then I can still keep in touch. I don't know any body that prays for me, even now that I'm sick. I know I'm a pain in the rear and sometimes don't listen. I'll work on it. I love learning about end times and when you come on a forum, that is one thing that you have to be careful of false teaching that is end times, but you guys are pretty good at correcting me in a respectful nice way. I hate to see my long time family leave. I would be so sad.

Edited by tigger398
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

This thread is making me tear eyed.  :(  :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Have you noticed who those who teach and edify are?  New members and false teachers, while those who can have found their threads they hang in most of the time, tired of repeating themselves.  The problem is, this site, when welcomed questions, have been overrun with questions and nobody willing to pick up the gantlet to answer them.  It's easy to condemn a thread like this in the name of protecting what once was while turning a blind eye to what it has become.

if you want an honest answer, no not really. I see one or two who i would actually classify as a teacher, the rest, i would hesitate to call teachers, even though in their own mind they are. For example, shilohs latest comment,

"ive been here longer then you so you dont know what your talking about"

Well, thats not an example of teaching, nor is it edifying, its arrogance at its finest. No, onelight i do not see teachers, i see a bunch of people who are sitting around and complaining about the olden days, and wanting someone to fix it for them. Actions speak louder then words, and the actions of most people in this thread are far less then edifying, and are only teaching how to mumble, complain, fight, and strut their tail feathers.

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

if you want an honest answer, no not really. I see one or two who i would actually classify as a teacher, the rest, i would hesitate to call teachers, even though in their own mind they are. For example, shilohs latest comment,

Well, thats not an example of teaching, nor is it edifying, its arrogance at its finest. No, onelight i do not see teachers, i see a bunch of people who are sitting around and complaining about the olden days, and wanting someone to fix it for them. Actions speak louder then words, and the actions of most people in this thread are far less then edifying, and are only teaching how to mumble, complain, fight, and strut their tail feathers.

Let's not make this personal.  The problem is what is presently going on here and how far it has changed.  What is the most popular thread on this site, the one that grows the quickest at an average of 46 posts a day?  Is it Christ centered or just having fun?  Is this a Christ centered site or a a site trying to be like Facebook?  The difference is, with Facebook, you only hear from your friends unless you look around.  Here, it is live for anyone and everyone to read.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357

19 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

Well, thats not an example of teaching, nor is it edifying, its arrogance at its finest.

It's not arrogance, it just more truth and honesty than you're willing to countenance.   I have been here longer and despite your claims, more mods WOULD improve a lot  on this board because I was here when that was the actually case.   So yes, I do know this better than you do.   And there are others who were here in those years who remember what it was like when had something lie 8 or 9 moderators.

No, onelight i do not see teachers, i see a bunch of people who are sitting around and complaining about the olden days, and wanting someone to fix it for them. Actions speak louder then words, and the actions of most people in this thread are far less then edifying, and are only teaching how to mumble, complain, fight, and strut their tail feathers.

No, we're addressing a real problem that does need a solution.   WE are not mumbling or complaining. You are assigning false values to us.   We are addressing a real problem that exists on the board that needs a solution and the only real solution is more mods.  If that's a problem for you, then you don't have to participate in this thread. Either lead, follow or get out of the way.

Edited by shiloh357