IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

You just need more people teaching and edifying....and sitting around grumbling and expecting others to fix a problem your more then capable of fixing on your own isnt teaching or edifying.

I must say that is a good point. I do sometimes just pass over off the wall topics. Maybe I need to get in there and up in people's faces about it instead. But even when I do that, it dose not seem to go well for me. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

45 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Being brutally honest....I can only assume the mods agree with the rubbish being shoveled onto this site.  Sorry, but nothing else makes sense.

I can honestly say that for the most part, they don't agree.  Their only job is to allow the threads to continue without violating the TOS, even if it is garbage being posted.  What I have seen changed drastically are a few things:

• Anti-Semitic threads are allowed when they were once shut down quickly
  • RCC doctrine being taught and slammed when it once was not allowed
  • Outrageous personal attacks back and forth over news and conflicting sides of an idea that once was never accepted
  • Peoples salvation attacked because someone disagrees with someone's personal doctrine - never was allowed.  What was allowed is the debate on the subject, not the person
  • Out of hand conspiracy theories continuing because someone thought it was best to allow it, so a forum was created just for such debates and discussions - the focus was on Christ, not governments
  • People would join in on bible lessons, now everyone has a lesson of their own.  An unwritten rule I was informed of years ago was that only those in Ministry could teach, but this has been denied top down even though I know I was taught it - open door for any false teaching continues

These are just a few off the top of my head.  BrutalHeart said something inline with when a site begins, it is a great place to be, but when the word gets out, it becomes a zoo if allowed.  Lately, the topics here are like a zoo with every animal speaking their own language and nobody understands each other as the link to the discussions have been replaced with self.  The best thing that could happen here is if the focus returned toward scripture, salvation and discipleship, true discipleship.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tigger398 said:

This thread is making me tear eyed.  :(  :(

Oh come now. It will be okay, and it is all good. We are addressing an issue and toss out ideals for solutions like civil people do. It will be alright. Maybe we can make this place even better?  Really. Here is a hug for you. :6:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

I'm relatively new here, 8 months or so under my worthy belt, but I will say there are some posts/threads that just leave me shaking my head. I've learned to just not go in most of the forum threads as I will either leave disheartened or angry. I love worthy. This forum/chat means a lot to me personally. I do think some things need to change and some of the non-believers/people spewing untruth need to be limited on where/what they can post. Some of the false doctrine needs to be countered with pure Biblical truth and if not heeded then those who are posting it should be banned. I've simply started praying for worthy, as I do my local church. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I see one or two who i would actually classify as a teacher, the rest, i would hesitate to call teachers, even though in their own mind they are.

Well I am not a teacher. I am an opinionated jerk at times.  But I am working on that. :happyhappy:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

14 minutes ago, TheAimes said:

I'm relatively new here, 8 months or so under my worthy belt, but I will say there are some posts/threads that just leave me shaking my head. I've learned to just not go in most of the forum threads as I will either leave disheartened or angry. I love worthy. This forum/chat means a lot to me personally. I do think some things need to change and some of the non-believers/people spewing untruth need to be limited on where/what they can post. Some of the false doctrine needs to be countered with pure Biblical truth and if not heeded then those who are posting it should be banned. I've simply started praying for worthy, as I do my local church. 

Everyone here loves Worthy.  We just want back the Worthy that we knew.  As you said, the only defense a member has is to stay clear of certain threads.  By doing this, members may stick around and even enjoy themselves. Trouble is, the more false teaching runs rampart, the less threads there are to enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,552
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Perhaps I have not explain things clearly enough. I shall try once more. I said that this place is a message form and not to church in order to explain why there are so many different teachings. Generally a church has one teaching and no one else is aloud to come in and teach anything different. It is not so with this message forum.   When I join I was under the impression that I  could post MY BELIEFS on Bible verses, spiritual matters, ect ect within reason. Then you all can either agree with my beliefs or argue against them. You can't really do that in a church with a pastor given a sermon. Or at less you shouldn't. 

You should not tolerant false teaching anywhere. Even a forum you need to protect the sheep.False teachings can overtake a forum and become not a place of light but darkness. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I am not a teacher. I am an opinionated jerk at times.  But I am working on that. :happyhappy:

So am I, LK.  :mellow:

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,552
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Worthy is going to go the way of a lot of forums. I use to belong to Walter Martin forum run by his daughter.  It's pretty much dead. So many get that way.  And it's because false teachings are over taken the board. They the wolves have a agenda that they carry out. It's to shut down orthodox biblical truth. And leave cultic belief as the born. It's up to us if we let them.

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You should not tolerant false teaching anywhere. Even a forum you need to protect the sheep.False teachings can overtake a forum and become not a place of light but darkness. 

The thing is though. Who decides what is and what is not a false teaching?  Anyone who teaches something different then what I believe to me is teaching a false teaching.  So what do we do then?  Thus my advice that  Spiritual teaching needs to take place outside this forum. And that it is ill-advice for one to depend only on this forum for all their Spiritual teaching.