IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No one is complaining.  We are pointing out a clearly definable problem.  A problem does not get solved by ignoring it and telling everyone we should just go back to making s'mores.  Your directives are akin to telling someone trapped in a hole to just quit whining about it, just think positive, and everything will be OK instead of helping them get out of the hole.  It isn't wrong to be discouraged because you are trapped in a hole and vocalizing that fact.

The board was the best Christian forum on the Net at one time.  It certainly is not now.  And your coarse of action virtually guarantees that it will never get any better.  Is any problem ever solved by ignoring it? 

no, see, the thing is-for what your saying to be true, you need to offer a solution. To say "I miss how it was in the old days" and "im tired of the way it is" without offering a solution, is nothing more then whining and complaining. So far, the only "solution" Ive seen, is "more moderators" well, their was a reason we dont have more moderators-because when we did, everyone was whining that it was "over moderated" and leaving because of that. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I thought of finding another forum to participate in. I don't want to. But I don't get a good feeling here. Only from some of the people who are on the prayer board.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I thought of finding another forum to participate in. I don't want to. But I don't get a good feeling here. Only from some of the people who are on the prayer board.

I'm in that leaky boat too, Wayne.  I know that a lot of you are solid as can be.,.I also recognize the bad influence.  As for saying we just complain..,excuse me; if you tell the fas e teacher they are wrong, call out their lies, report them and still get no results I'd say a member has done all they can.  Without those who run things taking control....there's nothing else to be done here.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I`ve just read the whole topic and would say even in my few years I have noticed changes. Well,....the days are getting darker and more people are confused and `tossed to and fro and carried about by every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive.`(Eph. 4: 14) 

Thus is it good to hear that people desire `speaking the truth in love may grow up into Him in all things which is the Head , even Christ.` (Eph. 4: 15)

I personally don`t go to many threads and if people don`t add to some threads then they pass on. We are in a battle, (with the enemy) so I pick my topics and threads and leave the rest to the Lord. We are not the Saviours but should just be doing the part the Lord would have us do. It will continue to be a mess for the enemy is doing everything to stop the Body of Christ coming to maturity. And as the Patriot has said, concerning attitudes, and he is looking at his, this is really the underlying issue and we all have to `grow ` in this area.

Go forth with `speaking the truth in love,` and don`t post on certain topics and they will pass quicker. Be encouraged, for relationships are forming and people are being uplifted for the Lord, the Head of the Body knows perfectly well how to bring different ones together, and mostly behind the scenes. The battle is on the surface and the Body is doing it`s part where not seen.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I actually see the solution talked about in several replies in this thread.  It may not be spelled out succinctly enough, but it is clearly there and it is abundantly simple:

Put a stop to the false teaching and make it an uncomfortable environment for anyone who wants to go around judging people because of the Sabbath or saying we need to dynamite the Church.

I don't see a solution in your way.  It kind of amounts to the Walmart-think of "There are no problems at Walmart."  I do not ever remember people "whining" about the over-moderation of the board when we had more mods except for the people who where not allowed to spread their false beliefs.  Of course those people are going to complain about the board being "over-moderated" when they cannot push Replacement Theology or ant-semetism, or a Liberal worldview.  A five year old thinks they are over-disciplined when they are required to behave.

There is no doubt that the board needs more moderators.  There is no doubt that some policies set in place are not good ones.  You mentioned the political forums.  There was a handful of people who wanted control of that board and they now own it.  That's why it's a ghost town.  For all intents and purposes, it's a segregated board.  Things like the recent influx of SDA's from another board should have been halted instantly.  Constant inferences from the same group that anyone not believing the way they do are not saved also should have been halted instantly.  When you don't treat a wound, it simply gets worse.  Worthy has several wounds that are not being treated, and they are getting worse.  There is no credible debate otherwise.

yes, everyone would love to "see a stop to false teaching" but how do you do that? Overmoderation kills discussion And it wasnt just a handful of people who wanted control of that board or influx of other people-there were even long time members, who are here now screaming for more moderation, that were some of the biggest problems. 

Fact is, over moderation wont fix the issue, nor will no moderation. You can't legislate morality, and trying to do so will never work. No matter how many moderators there are, it wont do any good unless you change the heart of the people on the board, you cant change the heart of the people on the board, if the "regulars" so to speak, are not setting a proper example. If you don't address the actual problem, then nothing you do will work. Its no different then the government trying to solve everything with more laws, it just doesnt work.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The leave-and-go-to-another-board rational does not work because every board has problems.  Worthy might be going through a rough patch, as has happened a couple of times before, but it is not nearly as bad as some other "Christian" boards out there.  If everyone just abandons the board the problem is fixed, but only because the only ones left are the ones who want a Hippie Church or want to patent their own new belief.  And you find some of the same problems somewhere else.  Nothing is gained.  The best course of action is to stay and help try and straighten things out. 

I sort of want to look at it this way...

If I was in the congregation of my church and suddenly false doctrine and heresies were being taught. Would I take the easy way out and leave, or would I be a Berean and stand for the truth and test the spirit and doctrines of the Word of God and stand up? I've found that you can't change anyone's false theology and heresy on this platform. But there's always a first time if the Lord touches that persons heart and they are seeking the truth.  

Many times we get into heated debates on the interpretation of scripture and prophecy, but it's normally not the critical Salvation issue. Most on this forum have the same faith and core belief's and we are related, we are brothers and sisters in Christ and are to love one another. 

Personally, whether I'm right or wrong, confused or asking a question on here, I enjoy sharing my thoughts and hearing others opinions on all things biblical for my edification, consideration and understanding. Let's not let anyone take away discussing "truth" and our Lord and Savior on this forum. I struggle constantly with it and I'm still growing even at 65 years old, but I want to fight the good fight for my few remaining years.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I realize that.  The clique that wanted that board from the very beginning had it handed to them on a silver platter.  In that particular instance, one-sided moderation is clearly the problem.  People with a different opinion were not wanted and now, for the most part, they are not present, so the clique gets the sand box to themselves.  No one benefits from living in an echo chamber.

The very reason we have laws in an ordered society is to legislate people's behavior.  The reason you have a ToS is to regulate people's behavior.  Banning people from threads, at this point in time is done ad-hoc with no definable pattern.  It is random and it is not transparent.  Often the wrong people get banned when the perpetrators are allowed to continue with impunity.  I realized that many times here, I acted very badly.  You seem to have realized that too, and we have both changed the way we behave.  The problem is, the majority of people who are stuck in a bad behavior mode do not often realize that they need to change their behavior on their own.  It takes outside influence to drive the change and sometimes that outside influence has to be either negative or punitive in nature.  They are not going to "set a proper example" because they see no problem with their present behavior.  And it is doubtful that they will see a problem with their behavior in the future.  The odds are against it.  There needs to be more moderation and it needs to be done in a different way.  The moderation right now is clearly not working.

I wasnt advocating no moderation, I recognize that its a necessity, but there definetly needs to be a balance, but the moderation, regardless of how good, or bad it is, is not the solution. We have had different styles of moderating over the years, and none of them have fixed the problems listed. That is what i am saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Constantly refuting them gets tiring, and really, really old, but I discovered there is good reason to be repetitive about it.  Because through repetition, their tactics are aptly illustrated, and they are illustrated time and time again, over, and over, and over.   Their false beliefs are revealed, their dubious tactics are revealed, their poor logic is revealed, and their hypocrisy is revealed and they end up exposing themselves.  Look at the perennial SDA claim, and it disproves itself because it is never actually explained at all.  The short version goes like this:

"You must keep the Sabbath."

"How do you keep the Sabbath?"

"I can't tell you that."

They can't tell you how they are keeping the Sabbath because they aren't keeping it.  So they defeat their own argument.  Unfortunately, it takes dealing with post after post for the methodology to reveal itself.

Often no, it just makes us sound like a resounding gong. and I dont mean that as an attack on you or anyone, im as guilty of it as anyone else, but we may think were doing good, but were just wasting breath, when often, 2 or 3 well thought out responses will do the same thing, only better.