IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

I think it depends on what the subject matter is.  If you are dealing with Mr. or Mrs. Conspiracy Theory, then yes, 2 or 3 good posts and out would be the best method.  With a particularly harmful doctrine, I don't think it can be dealt with that way.

no, it still doesnt make any difference. If Im joe blow, and i come into a thread that is 30 pages long, im not even going to read it all, maybe just the last 2 pages and the original post, and 99 times out of 100, they dont even consist of any actual evidence, just a bunch of people hurling insults and saying "your wrong" to each other. And frequently, if im going to take a side, (assuming i dont know any of the players and am on the fence on the matter and am not versed on the subject, im likely to base my belief on what I see in those posts. not in the 300 posts in between, and if the last 2 pages are all insults, im likely to go with the side thats the nicest-and often these days-its the trolls, that are far nicer and more professional then our regular members. So, as an outsider, I see a false teacher who is showing more more christlike characteristics-then the person arguing them, im far more likely to take the side of the false prophet. So the reality is, no matter whether its C/T or doctrine, a drawn out argument, and I say argument, because most, if not all discussions on worthy, are arguments, not debates, really do little to zero good.

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I wasnt advocating no moderation, I recognize that its a necessity, but there definetly needs to be a balance, but the moderation, regardless of how good, or bad it is, is not the solution. We have had different styles of moderating over the years, and none of them have fixed the problems listed. That is what i am saying.

The point is not that moderation would fix any of the problems with false teaching.   But moderation did work to quell false teaching so that WBs was not a save haven for false teaching and was not sounding board for every wind of doctrine that comes along, the way it has become now.  

False teachers will always be with us, but I was here when false teaching was nipped in the bud pretty fast and we didn't have 30 pages of false teachers pushing their junk on everyone else.  

It made cult leaders leave in anger when their posts got deleted.   Many people came and went because the boards were moderated enough to keep them from flourishing here.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

no, it still doesnt make any difference. If Im joe blow, and i come into a thread that is 30 pages long, im not even going to read it all, maybe just the last 2 pages and the original post, and 99 times out of 100, they dont even consist of any actual evidence, just a bunch of people hurling insults and saying "your wrong" to each other. And frequently, if im going to take a side, (assuming i dont know any of the players and am on the fence on the matter and am not versed on the subject, im likely to base my belief on what I see in those posts. not in the 300 posts in between, and if the last 2 pages are all insults, im likely to go with the side thats the nicest-and often these days-its the trolls, that are far nicer and more professional then our regular members. So, as an outsider, I see a false teacher who is showing more more christlike characteristics-then the person arguing them, im far more likely to take the side of the false prophet. So the reality is, no matter whether its C/T or doctrine, a drawn out argument, and I say argument, because most, if not all discussions on worthy, are arguments, not debates, really do little to zero good.

Which makes an argument for more moderation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

:o

That lil face is hilarious  .     Looks like the poor thing saw a ticket with hillery and Obama for king and queen of the world kinda look.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

It is real easy.   IF someone comes a hollering sda doctrine or whatever ,   you warn them.  and if they don't heed ,  just go to another post .  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

no, see, the thing is-for what your saying to be true, you need to offer a solution. To say "I miss how it was in the old days" and "im tired of the way it is" without offering a solution, is nothing more then whining and complaining. So far, the only "solution" Ive seen, is "more moderators" well, their was a reason we dont have more moderators-because when we did, everyone was whining that it was "over moderated" and leaving because of that. 

And many of those who left were mods because of life issues, not because the board was over moderated.   I know of one person who left due to the fact that they had adopted a more radical Charismatic theology and didn't feel the Wbs was compatible with that the theology.   People leave for a number of good reasons that had nothing to do with over-moderating.   In fact, many people in the past were grateful to the mods for keeping the board safe from wolves.   I can recall many, many public threads offering thanks to the mods for the work they were doing   I remember Mattitijah, Island Rose, Traveller, Ted, WayneB, Onelight, EricH, Botz, Angels, (not angels4U) and others who I am probably forgetting about, who did an excellent job moderating the boards and the ONLY ones complaining about over-moderating were people who came here with an agenda and less than noble intentions.   They would stay for a couple days, or even a matter of hours in some cases and they would not get banned, necessarily.  They self-deported from the boards when their threads were deleted or locked. 

We didn't necessarily have 30 pages of debate with people putting out aberrant false teaching.  We still had plenty of debates over lots of stuff, but we didn't have the onslaught of false teachers tag-teaming WBs like we have now.   

More moderators is the answer to the actual problem with the false teachers.  They don't have to be banned. Simply don't give them a platform, and they will leave.  It worked 10 years ago and it will work now.

Edited by shiloh357

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I thought of finding another forum to participate in. I don't want to. But I don't get a good feeling here. Only from some of the people who are on the prayer board.

You too, please do not leave. I would miss you as well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is a great idea Lavender.  I would give you the suggestion if it is a GODLY bible believing Church that you ask the Pastor & the churches prayers for your husband to soften his heart and that he would be able to hear the Gospel and get saved.  God can slowly turn him to God and the first thing that will happen eventually if you really go to the mat for him asking GOD to intercede for you ,  is your husband will start to allow you to take the children to Church with you!  Inch by inch it can happen. 

I don't go to Church because I can't as I explained in my post so unfortunately I can't ask a Pastor and the Church to pray for me.  My husband used to be a Jehovah Witness and left this as a teenager so it makes the issue a bit more complicated.

• Praying! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

14 minutes ago, Lavender said:

I don't go to Church because I can't as I explained in my post so unfortunately I can't ask a Pastor and the Church to pray for me.  My husband used to be a Jehovah Witness and left this as a teenager so it makes the issue a bit more complicated.

You can still contact a local pastor and ask the church to pray for you. You can also watch a church service online. The one Im going to currently is a bit small but they have their services streamed live on their facebook page. Some churches have that for homebound folks. Some will even come and serve you communion during a home visit if you wish that. 

• Thumbs Up 2