IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Lavender said:

I don't go to Church because I can't as I explained in my post so unfortunately I can't ask a Pastor and the Church to pray for me.  My husband used to be a Jehovah Witness and left this as a teenager so it makes the issue a bit more complicated.

Hi Lavender, Just a note to say that I'm thinking of you.  I pray that the Lord will bless you as you seek in His Word.  I pray too that you will reach out and post a favorite Scripture or two.   A couple of Thumbs Up can be very encouraging when you post something.   I hope you will find some people to follow here, and continue to see some posts that are encouraging and help you.  I'm so glad that you are a believer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You can still contact a local pastor and ask the church to pray for you. You can also watch a church service online. The one Im going to currently is a bit small but they have their services streamed live on their facebook page. Some churches have that for homebound folks. Some will even come and serve you communion during a home visit if you wish that. 

Thanks for that information.  I don't know if things are much different here in NZ.  I thought about online stuff a couple of weeks ago and so I listened to an online sermon from a local church a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately I don't know how biblically sound the Church is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 minutes ago, naominash said:

We all tend to fall into the trap of pride and the need to be right about things. A trap I fall into many times.

It's hard to think about what's beneficial to the forum when someone attacks you.

The anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God. 

I can only hope that a refreshing wave of humility causes others to rethink their ways when we come across people we don't agree with and even don't like. 

It's not that there isn't a place for frankness in dealing with certain situations. But until we can really assess another person's intentions, speaking the truth in love is the way to go.

indeed, theres a time and place. Even Jesus  used harsh words at times-but he also didnt get himself drawn into long, drawn out debates with pharisees. He usually just refuted them and moved on. Rarely in scripture do you see Jesus or the disciples engage in drawn out debates, the exception being Paul on Mars Hill, where he had an engaged audience. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That lil face is hilarious  .     Looks like the poor thing saw a ticket with hillery and Obama for king and queen of the world kinda look.

:laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And many of those who left were mods because of life issues, not because the board was over moderated.   I know of one person who left due to the fact that they had adopted a more radical Charismatic theology and didn't feel the Wbs was compatible with that the theology.   People leave for a number of good reasons that had nothing to do with over-moderating.   In fact, many people in the past were grateful to the mods for keeping the board safe from wolves.   I can recall many, many public threads offering thanks to the mods for the work they were doing   I remember Mattitijah, Island Rose, Traveller, Ted, WayneB, Onelight, EricH, Botz, Angels, (not angels4U) and others who I am probably forgetting about, who did an excellent job moderating the boards and the ONLY ones complaining about over-moderating were people who came here with an agenda and less than noble intentions.   They would stay for a couple days, or even a matter of hours in some cases and they would not get banned, necessarily.  They self-deported from the boards when their threads were deleted or locked. 

We didn't necessarily have 30 pages of debate with people putting out aberrant false teaching.  We still had plenty of debates over lots of stuff, but we didn't have the onslaught of false teachers tag-teaming WBs like we have now.   

More moderators is the answer to the actual problem with the false teachers.  They don't have to be banned. Simply don't give them a platform, and they will leave.  It worked 10 years ago and it will work now.

We probably didn't have the sock accounts that we have now either  At least I never noticed any until about two years ago.

4 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I actually see the solution talked about in several replies in this thread.  It may not be spelled out succinctly enough, but it is clearly there and it is abundantly simple:

Put a stop to the false teaching and make it an uncomfortable environment for anyone who wants to go around judging people because of the Sabbath or saying we need to dynamite the Church.

I don't see a solution in your way.  It kind of amounts to the Walmart-think of "There are no problems at Walmart."  I do not ever remember people "whining" about the over-moderation of the board when we had more mods except for the people who where not allowed to spread their false beliefs.  Of course those people are going to complain about the board being "over-moderated" when they cannot push Replacement Theology or ant-semetism, or a Liberal worldview.  A five year old thinks they are over-disciplined when they are required to behave.

There is no doubt that the board needs more moderators.  There is no doubt that some policies set in place are not good ones.  You mentioned the political forums.  There was a handful of people who wanted control of that board and they now own it.  That's why it's a ghost town.  For all intents and purposes, it's a segregated board.  Things like the recent influx of SDA's from another board should have been halted instantly.  Constant inferences from the same group that anyone not believing the way they do are not saved also should have been halted instantly.  When you don't treat a wound, it simply gets worse.  Worthy has several wounds that are not being treated, and they are getting worse.  There is no credible debate otherwise.

The US News/Politics forums are now so tightly censored that I barely bother with them.  Another loss for Worthy.  Every single topic this morning in the News was posted by the News Bot.  reminds me of Pravda.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I tried posting good "teaching", I guess you'd call it once. What I was doing was discussing how I went from being a total wreck to a decent Christian. I was told by several people that I didn't know what I was talking about. I have posted once since then. Time was Christians online could get fantastic discussions going about growing in Christ, what works, how it works and why. I don't see that here, or anywhere else online any more, which is deeply tragic.

The Word Of God, the Holy Spirit, prayer and learning a different way to handle life based on the Bible is real and it works. If I could find a place where these things are uplifted and respected, I would be thrilled. As it stands, I have given up on the internet, as have a lot of other really solid Christians. The things that matter have been left on the wayside while people pick the bones of the same disputes over and over at best and post the most ridiculous religious malarky at worst. I have been appalled at some of the stuff (truly bizarre so called "prophesy" and such) I have seen posted here last year which is when I gave up on this board.

My 2 cents

And your post is pretty close to an epitaph, bluebird.  I agree with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, OneLight said:

I have been here for many years and I have watched this site turn in such a strange direction, one that makes me wonder what has really happened here. The type of posting that has been going on for awhile now  is no more than a  lot of platitudes and mysterious statements that mean nothing to the reader, only to the poster.  Between this type of posting and the false teaching, there in not much left here anymore.  I am really saddened that this site has turned from solid bible teaching to this.  God have mercy on this place and the people who come here.

I am amaze at how you intervene and setle disputes, and I wish I had the same leadership skills. 

I am bless from your input, it seems you have special gifts, and thank you for your time. Much Apriciated

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

I've been here a couple of years, maybe. I would like to participate in some good solid Bible study here but since all I tend to see is debates and insults, I stay out of the discussions and just pray, encourage, and keep contact with people I've come to trust. 

Hi Abby-Joy,

And isn`t that such a blessing, to have found those few who do the journey with us. There is so much behind the scenes here on Worthy that the Lord is doing and we need to give Him the praise for that, as I know you do.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

More and more people are getting on line and finding their `voice.` And there are many immature people out there. However through the many voices, those who are mature are led to help those seeking help. Now that this `difficulty` on Worthy has been voiced then it will behove all of us to seek the Lord as to how we can be more encouraging to others.

I personally do appreciate the different ones I see who write helping and praying for others. There is a strong core of faithful (to the Lord) mature believers here, so we need to continue to voice our encouragement to each other and not become discouraged - one of the enemy`s greatest weapons.

Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1