IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, GandalfTheWise said:

In case anyone is interested, here's a quick bar chart of the number of posts in each category from the main page.  This is in order of number of posts as appearing on the main page as of when I hand copied the numbers a few minutes ago.  I grouped the video categories together.

WCFusage01.png

Here's a pie chart with the largest groups shown and the remainder combined together.

WCFusage02.png

Of course, the various ages of various groups and how they were broken apart and created historically makes a direct comparison of numbers problematic.  However, it does give a good representation of what a new user first clicking on the site will see with regard to available posts to read and their location.  It'd be interesting to break this out by posts by time frames such as since 1/1/2018 or in the past 6 months, 12 months, or two years to get a sense of the activity levels.  However, it would probably be challenging to try to generate those numbers from the user front end of the site.  It would also be interesting to see things in terms of number of views and other such stuff as well as seeing what types of things lurkers and new users tend to go look at.  However, that's probably a matter of spending a fair amount of effort in the backend digging through the database and logs underlying the site.

All I can say is you must have a LOT of time in order to do the above,  I see you hold yourself above this group of believers known as WCF.  Whatever.  But you offered nothing but analysis and I'm pretty sure we all already know what the problems are.  Any ideas on how to keep the false teachers off the site?  Btw,arguing is not always a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Well, the graph shows not much interest in 'testimonies'. Interesting.

:) It was your earlier comment to me about testimonies that made me curious to check this out.   I'm an analyst by profession so this only took me a couple minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

I’m not sure doctrinal purity is valued above spiritual maturity, it is just when those with grossly aberrant teachings post, what do you do? Ignore? Confront? Ban?

Also Worthy does have a 'Testimonies' section.

If the doctrines are not a salvational issue , such as say pre mid or post trib,   just ignore

If it promotes sin in any way ,  rebuke and I think those should not be allowed to continue preaching damanable hearsays.   leaven can rock the place bad if left unchecked.

I say if it contradicts what JESUS or the apostels taught , rebuke it and maybe allow those a time in a certain area to be corrected and if they wont hear it , then we did what we could

When it comes to meats , days and drinks I am fully persuaded let each hold to their own conscious and not to condmen others who hold not those things as they see them.

Meats , drinks days .    Let each be fully persadued in their own mind .    As far as sin issues.  their is the problem .   if one comes supporting sin ,  yeah

they need to get rebuked and if they wont stop ,  banned.   again as for meats drinks and days ,  not salavational issues ,   just let each be fully persuaded and don't condemn the other

who either eats or eats not .    etc.       A lot of things can be fixed quite quickly.   If our pattern is the pattern set by Christ and the apostels and we learn that pattern well amen .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

You've inspired me and piqued my curiosity about what people are really looking at and responding to at this point in time.  This took a bit of effort, but I hand compiled the activity on new threads since March 1 (and didn't bother to double check the numbers as I went).  It is not comprehensive but what seemed to be the most active stuff.   I was happy to see the high level of activity in prayer requests and welcome.   This is definitely a "back of the envelope" type of analysis, but interesting.

WCFNewT01.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Davida said:

The problem isn't the challenging of the false teachings, it's the  ignoring the problem of them.  What has increased is the ignoring the problem, which  only has increased the spread of false teachings in page after page, and thread after thread.    The only reason why it's challenged by the few is,  if not challenged,  the result is 24 pages of unbiblical rants & the twisting of scripture and making the Bible teachings say something it did not say,  to mislead those that come to WCF looking to see what Christianity is about.  When unity is placed higher then Biblical truth -then Sound Doctrine will be sacrificed. 

When unity is placed higher then Biblical truth -then Sound Doctrine will be sacrificed

That gets ten million stamps of approval.   This has me very worried and concerned too.   When UNITY for unity sake and the cost is truth.

And this is happening huge in churches even now .    I wont be in unity with any leaders who teach contrary to Christ .  and yet many of our own church leaders

are asking for unity with ONE who even leads in interfaith .   We cant be unified with that   .  yet its that church which I wont name

but am sure most know that this unity with is all about .    Heck I am all about friendship,   just not friendship with the world

and I am all about unity , but not with those who teach dangerous error .    We better all watch out and be on guard .   Its ripped another site apart

and I pray it does not do so with this one .  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Well done Gandalf.  I see that you are an analyst but I could never do this!

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Hi Yowm

I have often wanted to post in the Testimonies section, but because I am so long-winded in my explanations about my experiences in my desire that people understand what I mean, I have declined thus far - I feel people would not want to read such a long post!

Blessings all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Yowm

I have often wanted to post in the Testimonies section, but because I am so long-winded in my explanations about my experiences in my desire that people understand what I mean, I have declined thus far - I feel people would not want to read such a long post!

Blessings all.

Sorry, but you are mistaken.....please do it! I will read and enjoy every word.....promise.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Yowm

Blessings all.

Hi SisterActs2,

There you go we are all waiting for the first instalment of the exciting times of SisterActs2. Perhaps a serial, chapters. Seriously, we all love to hear a good real life story especially with a happy ending - as per getting to know the Lord.

So...chapter 1.  It was a cold stormy night when ........ came into the world. ......

Love Maz.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Sister, I'm pretty good at short posting, you can always give them first to me for editing, hehe...:vader:

Sooo you cut to the chase? 

He saved me. The end. lol

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

Guest shiloh357
17 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

If this site is to grow and improve, it needs to value and treasure and encourage good old solid spiritual maturity, experience, and wisdom.  There are simply not enough posts that reflect the life experiences of those people who've been solid serious Christians who've come to know God intimately from a consistent walk of decades.  Anyone can quote a few bible verses, parrot back their church's indoctrination, quote the latest book or website they read, recite some facts and answers to arguments that they've read, etc., but far fewer people can give solid godly counsel and guidance based on a lifetime of walking with God.  On another Christian site that I frequent, one of my favorite posters is an old Greek Orthodox sister in Christ.  I often tune her out when she talks about doctrine, but she often has so much practical wisdom to share from having spent decades walking with God coupled with a genuine love and concern for each person she responds to, that I've gained many insights and learned much from reading her posts.  She's a person who would have been run off this site.  My impression is that some here would probably think it is a good thing that people like her would not be allowed to freely post without being confronted for her each and every doctrinal error. 

If she is posting doctrinal material and holding it up as the correct doctrine, then she can expect some scrutiny.  That's the nature of the beast.   That's how it works.   My doctrine gets questioned, too.  She would need to be mature enough to accept and deal with it. 

I think that as long as doctrinal purity is valued more highly than spiritual maturity and godliness, this site will reap a sad harvest of a sea of posts dedicated to rehashing centuries of Christian fighting over particular doctrines and ineffectual wordplay focused on being right rather than producing a plethora of posts dedicated to showing what God has done (and is doing) in our lives.

You cannot have spiritual maturity without doctrinal purity.  Doctrinal purity leads to spiritual maturity.    

So if someone is claiming that "God"  did this in my life and we see that it contradicts the revealed nature of God in Scripture, there is a problem. Doctrine is vitally important because doctrine is properly understood as those biblical principles that form the foundation for practical Christian living.

Practical wisdom is one thing.  We all have practical wisdom.  But when someone starts claiming things about God that don't line up with Scripture, then it has to be confronted in this kind of environment.

Edited by shiloh357