IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

To all you precious brothes and sisters who encouraged me - thank you!  You are all such A BLESSING TO ME!!  That's why Worthy is soooo good.

mmm.... I won't promise any Nobel Prize winning literature though lol.  Maybe something soon.

“ maybe something soon?”............. that will not do.......it is almost 4 in the morning here and I have been waiting patiently for your story......I will not go to bed until my demand is met!  Now get to work! My health is at stake. ( this is not a joke—— I will send a joke later so you will know the difference) You should know that my friends often accuse me being full of you-know-what......I can’t figure out why.....lol

• Haha 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Good morning Blood Bought 1953

I don't know where you are, bro, but - "You can't be serious!" to quote a famous American.  I started thinking about sharing my testimony and got a bit emotional.  I promise I will sit down soon and do my best.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Good morning Blood Bought 1953

I don't know where you are, bro, but - "You can't be serious!" to quote a famous American.  I started thinking about sharing my testimony and got a bit emotional.  I promise I will sit down soon and do my best.

looking forward to it  :thumbsup:   

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, MorningGlory said:

All I can say is you must have a LOT of time in order to do the above,  I see you hold yourself above this group of believers known as WCF.  Whatever.  But you offered nothing but analysis and I'm pretty sure we all already know what the problems are.  Any ideas on how to keep the false teachers off the site?  Btw,arguing is not always a bad thing.

I might argue with you about this pedro on donkey with brush 245.jpg but first I need to go get help :happyhappy: 

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Seems many here express a desire to leave if things continue to get worse. I sympathize, to a point.  Many here at Worthy I  have noticed, no longer belong to a 'traditional' church/body of believers anymore, having made known their dislike/distrust, or inability to attend.  As believers, we are all part of the body, with a very distinct function to play in the body. At some point, we have to make a stand. Instead of leaving, we should DO something, as led by the spirit we are praying to for direction, and wisdom, and discernment. The battle is spiritual, and as soldiers for Christ, we need to use our spiritual weapons of warfare. Prayer is warfare! I believe the ladies silver hair platoon of prayer warriors can be the most effective in any body, praying for those in leadership to be clothed  in God's armor. Why cannot  this be a lesson from God for us to grow,  and allow God's promises to enlarge our faith in Him.  God is light..........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

To all you precious brothes and sisters who encouraged me - thank you!  You are all such A BLESSING TO ME!!  That's why Worthy is soooo good.

mmm.... I won't promise any Nobel Prize winning literature though lol.  Maybe something soon.

Not a problem, SA2; you won't get any Nobel prize content from any of US either. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I might argue with you about this pedro on donkey with brush 245.jpg but first I need to go get help :happyhappy: 

:laugh:

• Haha 1

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, OneLight said:

I have been here for many years and I have watched this site turn in such a strange direction, one that makes me wonder what has really happened here. The type of posting that has been going on for awhile now  is no more than a  lot of platitudes and mysterious statements that mean nothing to the reader, only to the poster.  Between this type of posting and the false teaching, there in not much left here anymore.  I am really saddened that this site has turned from solid bible teaching to this.  God have mercy on this place and the people who come here.

Worthy Boards had a different set of problems a decade ago.  There were moderators in place that thought it was their job to ban anyone that didn't see things as they did.  That was all well and good if you were of the same beliefs, but not so much if you were not.  George put a TOS in place about general conduct and there is a general list of basic beliefs.  So long as you stay within those guidelines, you should be free to discuss anything you wish.  

If the purpose of the message board is to only allow for Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Seventh Day Adventist, Church of Christ, or whatever's doctrine to be promoted, it should have been set up that way.  Being that it is interdenominational, that means that anyone that claims to be a Christian is free to express their views, so long as they don't violate the TOS.  What is sound doctrine to one is false doctrine to another.  Take the Seventh Day Adventists for instance.  They think those that don't follow their beliefs are false, especially those who eat pork and work on Saturday.  If they were posting what you did, it would have an entirely different meaning.  I see unconditional eternal security doctrine as false, and those who believe in OSAS see those who reject it as false.  That is just how it is.  

There were people of different points of view here all along, but we went through periods of time where we had out of control moderators who weren't simply enforcing the rules, they were trying to force everyone to believe like them.  No matter how you try to force everyone to post only right doctrine, it will be in the eye of the beholder.  To me, the only course of action for purists of a particular point of view is to start their own message board that caters only to people that believe like them.  We had someone here that started a group at Facebook like that.  If you didn't believe like him, you were gone.  It just so happened, I was invited to join this closed group, where I knew I didn't fit in, and was eventually kicked out.  I had no hard feelings, because I knew they had liberal views to begin with, and I didn't fit in, plus, I had already started my own Facebook group a week before that happened that I control.  At Worthy, my views or this other more liberal brother's views aren't the only game in town, and I respect that, but I am building my own separate ministry that is tightly controlled by me and he is doing the same thing.  Anyone here could do that if they wish. 

Why not?  You can start a free message board at some sites.  Get a little group together and get started.  I didn't choose the message board route, but I am building an entirely different kind of ministry.  I have a little group with about 36 members, and the other guy from here has close to 180.  We both still come to Worthy, but I understand, and I think he does to, that we encounter all types here, including atheists and seekers.  I have no problem with that at all.  To me, it is about understanding the purpose of the ministry, and the vision of the founder.  I felt no need to start a message board, because I am not so intolerant as to not be able to be in the same group with people from other churches.  So long as I am not under attack, I feel no need to attack them.  I decided to go towards a small, closed Facebook group, writing books, and internet television and radio, plus some other things on the back burner.  You have a lot of options out there, and some can be done for a small budget.  I think Worthy is great as it is, and I think the moderators are the best we have ever had.   

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:40 AM, The_Patriot2018 said:

I for one am tired of all the "this site is horrible" or "its going to the dogs" or "no ones nice so im leaving" posts. And actually, the last one i like more then the first two.

And why is that? Because its whining and complaining. Phillippians 2:14 says to do all things without grumbling or complaining.

If  You dont like the general environment of worthy, then do something about it-and by that i mean something positive, because grumbling and complaining onpy adds to the negativity of the site...or leave. Thats just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

Patriot, I agree with you 100 percent!  This is an interdenominational message board, but you have certain people, mostly of one particular point of view I won't mention, that think they should be able to dominate the content, as they think they are the holders of all truth.  If they don't like it, they should start their own message board.  I am not speaking of the person that started this thread.  I make no such judgments about him, but I speak of a large number of the people that have joined in the criticism of Worthy Boards.  Great post Patriot.  We don't always see eye to eye, but I am with you all the way on this post.