IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, shiloh357 said:

I joined this site in 2003.  The only other members that are still here that were here when I joined is Angels4u and George.   That's it.  And yes, the site has changed a lot.  

There was a time when false teaching could not flourish.  We had false teachers, but they were kept in check due to having a sufficient number of moderators in both the US and across the pond, in Europe, particularly the UK and at least one from as far away as New Zealand.   This kept the board pretty much moderated at all times. 

During the first few years I was member here, WBs had the reputation as being the best moderated Christian message board in cyber-space.  In fact, people complained about WBs on other sites due to the fact that we were so well-moderated.   They could not get their false teachings to stick because we had sufficient mods to catch and remove those teachings.   And we had waves of false teachers that would show up at the same time and basically try to tag-team us from other sites.  But they never made in any head-way.  And believe me, we had some weirdos.  People claiming to be reincarnations of biblical prophets and some even claiming to be Jesus.   We had one person who decided to take Paul's metaphor on the members of the body of Christ (hands, eyes, feet, etc.) and expand on that by teaching what it means to be the liver of Christ, the spleen of Christ, the gall bladder of Christ, and so on.   I mean, I could fill many pages on the false stuff that had come through here in my early years on this board. 

What the board needs is more moderators and there are other members that I see on here that would be good at moderation and would hold up for the truth and protect the board from the wolves. 

We have the best group of moderators we have ever had.  They simply do their job, moderate.  We have a TOS and general doctrinal beliefs anyone can read when they join, and the job of a moderator is to make sure people don't violate the rules.  It is not to come in here forcing everyone to believe as they do.  If we are going to have a proper group of moderators for an interdenominational message board, they should have at least one moderator representing different major groups:  Wesleyan, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Apostolic, Baptist, Methodist, etc.  If the message board is going to become a one doctrine site, then they would have to change the entire set up.  

People are complaining about Worthy Boards and how it is run, yet they are still here.  This is still by far the largest message board in existence.  That is because they are inclusive when it comes to different points of view.  You have these intolerant Christians who try to get into positions of power to dominate the place.  I had to deal with that kind of mess back then too, and one thing that saved me was having a network of connections outside the place to different people involved in the ministry leading all the way to the top.  I have telephone contacts and e-mail contacts, so when abuses were taking place, even if they kicked me out or blocked my access, I had a way to reach contacts and report their misdeeds.  I have a pretty good little network going, along with a plan of action of what to do if this happens or that happens.  We have a good group here, and there is no reason to make any changes.   

What was going on before was we had members getting banned over phony charges.  They didn't violate any rules, but the moderators would run a kangaroo court and discipline people over nothing and eventually ban them.  I wouldn't say anything now, but these people are long gone, and I have the utmost respect for the current moderating team.  They have a tough job, and they do it well.  

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Butero said:

We have the best group of moderators we have ever had.  They simply do their job, moderate.  We have a TOS and general doctrinal beliefs anyone can read when they join, and the job of a moderator is to make sure people don't violate the rules.  It is not to come in here forcing everyone to believe as they do. 

No one said that they should do that.  But there a lot of false doctrine out there that anyone from just about any denomination  can see as false doctrine and is not in mainstream Christianity.    And there is a statement of faith that is part of the TOS which members are not supposed to contradict or push teachings that go against the SoF in the TOS.

Guest Butero
13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No one said that they should do that.  But there a lot of false doctrine out there that anyone from just about any denomination  can see as false doctrine and is not in mainstream Christianity.    And there is a statement of faith that is part of the TOS which members are not supposed to contradict or push teachings that go against the SoF in the TOS.

If they violate the TOS or SOF, then I agree with you.  The moderators are to enforce those standards.  Perhaps those things need to be front and center so we can all read them.  Since you brought that up, I think I will go back and re-read the SOF.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 minutes ago, Butero said:

If they violate the TOS or SOF, then I agree with you.  The moderators are to enforce those standards.  Perhaps those things need to be front and center so we can all read them.  Since you brought that up, I think I will go back and re-read the SOF.  

Butero ,  I had a wonderful idea.   When you go back to read it .   Let me know if its false to preach JESUS and HIS sayings and that we should keep the pattern JESUS set

and the apostels kept .    See if that is a false christain.    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Guest Butero
25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I was just reading through the SOF, and I can see some doctrines being spread that are in opposition to it.  Here are the key things Worthy says they believe in:

1  The Trinity, which means Jesus Christ is God.  

2  The virgin birth of Christ

3  The physical resurrection of Christ

4  All are sinful and subject to God's wrath.

5  Saved through the blood of Christ

6  Saved by faith in Christ:  recognizing our sinfulness, repentance or turning away from sin, accepting Christ

7  Jesus is our Lord and he is the mediator between us and God the Father

8  When a Christian dies, they immediately are in the presence of God.  No soul sleep.

9  Christians are to be sanctified and bear good fruit

10  The 66 books of the canon are the inerrant Word of God.  That means teaching other books are scripture violates this position.  

That is pretty much it in a nutshell.  It might not be bad to post the entire SOF in a thread in the forums so everyone can more easily access them.  You can find them by scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the Worthy Forums page.  

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Butero ,  I had a wonderful idea.   When you go back to read it .   Let me know if its false to preach JESUS and HIS sayings and that we should keep the pattern JESUS set

and the apostels kept .    See if that is a false christain.    

Those things are ok.  

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, hmbld said:

Through all of this, thanks George, mods, watchmen, and all the others for this is the best site. 

I have not found a better message board out there.  I really don't like these open attacks on the boards and the moderators.  There was a time this kind of thing wouldn't be tolerated, and it would have been immediately shut down.  

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

Those things are ok.  

I figured as much .     But thanks for the info .    I shall stay then.  WORTHY supports the sayings OF JESUS , the reminding of them ,   the reminding

that we should keep the pattern JESUS set in ALLL things , and that pattern the apostels kept and taught .   

Man its praising the LORD TIME .       As for meats drinks and days ..............I have always said let each be persadued in his or her own mind , and let none condmen the other.

Man what a beautiful day in the Lord .     let us raise our hands and praise Him all day and all night .   

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have not found a better message board out there.  I really don't like these open attacks on the boards and the moderators.  There was a time this kind of thing wouldn't be tolerated, and it would have been immediately shut down.  

I see these attacks others do to one another all the time .   Its why we need to heed what paul said ...........if they aint hearing it after one or twice .   MOVE ON.

and go to another post .   The thing is ,    we agree that its all by grace , its all by the spirit ,  and yet no matter how much we agree, we get accused of works earning .

This needs to stop now .   that is what needs to stop.    IF one comes and agrees with another that they too agree its all by grace.   STEAD of fighting

which wont accomplish squat .  we should take the person at their word .    So let me be the first to say .    ITS SOLEY by grace we are saved

ITS SOLEY by his spirit we are HIS .    OBEY THE SPIRIT .    He gives us the unctions and ability to do so.  its all by grace so obey grace to the end . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I see these attacks others do to one another all the time .   Its why we need to heed what paul said ...........if they aint hearing it after one or twice .   MOVE ON.

and go to another post .   The thing is ,    we agree that its all by grace , its all by the spirit ,  and yet no matter how much we agree, we get accused of works earning .

This needs to stop now .   that is what needs to stop.    IF one comes and agrees with another that they too agree its all by grace.   STEAD of fighting

which wont accomplish squat .  we should take the person at their word .    So let me be the first to say .    ITS SOLEY by grace we are saved

ITS SOLEY by his spirit we are HIS .    OBEY THE SPIRIT .    He gives us the unctions and ability to do so.  its all by grace so obey grace to the end . 

The thing is, to the hard core Calvinists, they consider the modern OSAS doctrine works based for earning salvation by choosing to come to the Lord and saying a sinner's prayer.  The OSAS crowd considers it a works based salvation if you believe you must follow Christ after being saved by grace.  The perseverance of the saints crowd believes if you don't have a change in your life after salvation, you never really got saved, so there is no assurance for those who remain in a sinful condition after saying a sinner's prayer.  All of these doctrines are just variations of each other.  The only ones that truly believe we have nothing to do with our salvation is hard core Calvinists, but they also teach you can't ever be sure you are saved, even if you do everything right.  Jesus knows the truth about all of these things, and we all know in part.  Until we meet the Lord, the strife will continue, and so will the charges of heresy, false teacher, false preacher, false prophet, and wolf against everyone that doesn't think like we do.