IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have not found a better message board out there.  I really don't like these open attacks on the boards and the moderators.  There was a time this kind of thing wouldn't be tolerated, and it would have been immediately shut down.  

It is not an open attack on the boards or the moderators.   No one has criticized the mods.  The complaint is that there are not enough mods to stop the false teaching on the boards.   This is a call for increased moderation, not a criticism that the mods we have are doing a bad job.  There is simply too much for only two mods to keep track of. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It is not an open attack on the boards or the moderators.   No one has criticized the mods.  The complaint is that there are not enough mods to stop the false teaching on the boards.   This is a call for increased moderation, not a criticism that the mods we have are doing a bad job.  There is simply too much for only two mods to keep track of. 

I will agree with you on that.  There is no way two moderators can handle such a heavy load.  It is amazing things are running as smooth as they are, and this explains why they are forced to shut down threads and completely hide them to the extent they are.  Ideally, there probably needs to be a couple more, and servants in different time zones.  

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Butero said:

The thing is, to the hard core Calvinists, they consider the modern OSAS doctrine works based for earning salvation by choosing to come to the Lord and saying a sinner's prayer.  

No, they don't. At least not mainstream Calvinists. 

The OSAS crowd considers it a works based salvation if you believe you must follow Christ after being saved by grace. 

No, we don't.  We believe that following Christ is the fruit of salvation, not the means by which it is attained or maintained.

The perseverance of the saints crowd believes if you don't have a change in your life after salvation, you never really got saved, so there is no assurance for those who remain in a sinful condition after saying a sinner's prayer. 

Well, that's actually the Calvinists.   But they are right.  If there was no change in your heart, if you can still live in sin and enjoy it, you were never saved.

All of these doctrines are just variations of each other.

No, they are not.

The only ones that truly believe we have nothing to do with our salvation is hard core Calvinists, but they also teach you can't ever be sure you are saved, even if you do everything right. 

Not sure what you mean by "hardcore Calvinists,"  but mainstream Calvinism teaches no such thing and that would be 99% of Calvinists today.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Butero said:

I will agree with you on that.  There is no way two moderators can handle such a heavy load.  It is amazing things are running as smooth as they are, and this explains why they are forced to shut down threads and completely hide them to the extent they are.  Ideally, there probably needs to be a couple more, and servants in different time zones.  

There needs to be at least the same number we had before, which was 8 or 9 and across international time zones. 

Guest Butero
26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, they don't. At least not mainstream Calvinists. 

No, we don't.  We believe that following Christ is the fruit of salvation, not the means by which it is attained or maintained.

Well, that's actually the Calvinists.   But they are right.  If there was no change in your heart, if you can still live in sin and enjoy it, you were never saved.

No, they are not.

Not sure what you mean by "hardcore Calvinists,"  but mainstream Calvinism teaches no such thing and that would be 99% of Calvinists today.

I have no idea if this link will work, but I will give it a try, as it shows the beliefs of the Primitive Baptist Church, which are Calvinists.  If the link doesn't work, I will attempt to fix it.  It is very long with a lot of symbols, so we shall see.  

https://www.primitive-baptist.org

The direct link doesn't get you there, but if you click on their official church link, and then scroll down to "Books Available For Sale or Download," look for the second title, "What Do Primitive Baptists Believe" by Elder Charles Tayler.  This is comprehensive and will back up everything I said.  He lists about 50 questions and answers on their Calvinistic beliefs.  He also mentions how theirs is the original Baptist doctrine, and all other Baptist Churches in America came out of them and created their own doctrinal changes.  

Guest Butero
5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

LOL

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I put a direct link to their official church web-site and told everyone how to get to the information.  Try that, and I will delete the bad link.

We have a Primitive Baptist Church in my area, and I have visited it.  They are an interesting group.  They have no musical instruments, as they believe in only singing and making melody to the Lord.  They have foot washing, and they have a fellowship meal after the service.  They only meet every other Sunday out of a tradition that goes back to the horse and buggy days where there would be two churches a number of miles apart.  The people would visit the distant church one week and the closer church the next, so the services at the neighboring town were the second and forth Sunday, while at this church, they would meet the first and third Sunday.  They were very nice people.  I had a chance to discuss their beliefs to a degree with them, but not in depth like you will find in this question and answer pdf file.  

Guest Butero
18 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have no idea if this link will work, but I will give it a try, as it shows the beliefs of the Primitive Baptist Church, which are Calvinists.  If the link doesn't work, I will attempt to fix it.  It is very long with a lot of symbols, so we shall see.  

https://www.primitive-baptist.org

The direct link doesn't get you there, but if you click on their official church link, and then scroll down to "Books Available For Sale or Download," look for the second title, "What Do Primitive Baptists Believe" by Elder Charles Tayler.  This is comprehensive and will back up everything I said.  He lists about 50 questions and answers on their Calvinistic beliefs.  He also mentions how theirs is the original Baptist doctrine, and all other Baptist Churches in America came out of them and created their own doctrinal changes.  

Sorry for the bad link.  Follow this link and the instructions I provided as to how to get to the document.  I was even surprised at what they teach and what Calvinism involves.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

59 minutes ago, Butero said:

The thing is, to the hard core Calvinists, they consider the modern OSAS doctrine works based for earning salvation by choosing to come to the Lord and saying a sinner's prayer.  The OSAS crowd considers it a works based salvation if you believe you must follow Christ after being saved by grace.  The perseverance of the saints crowd believes if you don't have a change in your life after salvation, you never really got saved, so there is no assurance for those who remain in a sinful condition after saying a sinner's prayer.  All of these doctrines are just variations of each other.  The only ones that truly believe we have nothing to do with our salvation is hard core Calvinists, but they also teach you can't ever be sure you are saved, even if you do everything right.  Jesus knows the truth about all of these things, and we all know in part.  Until we meet the Lord, the strife will continue, and so will the charges of heresy, false teacher, false preacher, false prophet, and wolf against everyone that doesn't think like we do.  

No  disrespect intended, but as a devout OSAS guy, you have not said anything that pertains to what I believe.Apparently all of us hell- bound  OSAS Believers vary in our views of what constitutes Scripture.I personally believe that Paul’s Gospel is adequate to save.Jesus said so.I will go with that.Faith plus nothing.I hope my beliefs are recognized as valid here.If not please let me know.God bless

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,251
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello.i dont read that many threads outside of a few.... but i will say i have seen what i thought was not the best choice of Words when speaking to each other.From long term members too...over small stuff...like someone's  opinion on a politcal matter.

• Thumbs Up 2