IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

and....it seems to me people are going right off topic.

and...that probably hasn`t changed in ten years, (not that I`ve been here that long.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Marilyn

We started to get off topic a couple of pages ago when I talked about giving my testimony (sorry folks, probably my fault).  It did get back on track though.  I think most members agree that we just need more moderators in different time zones and for us all to take note of, and stay within, the TOS and SoF.  I re-read the SoF and agree with every single point.  I hope we are back on topic now if more people want to contribute (and we hope they will) - maybe we could find a way to make good things happen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I imagine over the years George has heard a complaint or two, or maybe even a suggestion. Maybe it’s good once in a while to air things out, however I’ve found others seldom  make the changes I believe they should. The most immediate results occur with what things I control. What each of us devotes time to posting sets the tone for each day. Question, what do I want to post?  Things that edify, are good, are true, are lovely, point to Jesus, offer life, hope, love?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Worthy has changed over the years, and will continue to change. We can contribute to make it better. We can pick up our toys and leave, or grow right where we are,  and love the difficult people God has placed us with. Remember count it all joy?are we gonna be complainers, or reach out and find someone to encourage?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I imagine over the years George has heard a complaint or two, or maybe even a suggestion. Maybe it’s good once in a while to air things out, however I’ve found others seldom  make the changes I believe they should. The most immediate results occur with what things I control. What each of us devotes time to posting sets the tone for each day. Question, what do I want to post?  Things that edify, are good, are true, are lovely, point to Jesus, offer life, hope, love?

6 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Worthy has changed over the years, and will continue to change. We can contribute to make it better. We can pick up our toys and leave, or grow right where we are,  and love the difficult people God has placed us with. Remember count it all joy?are we gonna be complainers, or reach out and find someone to encourage?

All of that is very idealistic, but the issue here is the permeation of the false teachers and the need for more moderation.   There is a lot of good stuff posted on WBs, but the issue where this thread is concerned is the marked increase of heresy and aberrant false teaching that is flourishing and the need we have to address it with more mods on the site. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone...

By grace alone we were first drawn to Christ , to faith in Him alone .  all is by grace .

So are exhortations , reminders , warnings ,  doing good works that please him, its by grace too.

Just because one is a reminder or warner to do such things,  DOES NOT mean they think they earned squat.

IF we but take note.   I seen lots of warnings and exhorting and encouraging from CHRIST , then the apostels , then HE who spoke from heaven to the churches.

Same GOD.    never changed.     REPENT or else seems to be the common thing said .   REPENT why will you die

And to the churches the apostels would say REPENT of errors , repent and do works worthy of repentance.

To the churches He said from heaven.................now go read the warnings .   GOD does desire none to perish.  But perish they will

if they follow NOT HIS SPIRIT and the SPIRIT and bible shows us the pattern JESUS set in all things .  Correction .    all of it .

And this is the problem   ,  when one comes reminding be holy as he is holy,  obey the spirit not the flesh

do by The Spirit the things pleasing in His sight.  they get accused of works earning .   IF that be the case, then JESUS , paul and those preached works saved us, AND THEY DONT

We been dumbed down by versions of GOD that are not FROM GOD but rather from men who twisted stuff.

The only advice I can give , is that we all start over ,   read the bible for ourselves , feast on it daily ,  pray seek knock have all affections above, NOT on things of this earth

and this can be fixed quite quickly.    it could . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes! From first to last. Even our obedience is on account of His grace alone, which brings us to 'all Glory to Him alone'. (Soli Deo gloria).

You are right our obedience comes from his working in us. Without the grace of God we could not deny ungodliness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

8 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You are right our obedience comes from his working in us. Without the grace of God we could not deny ungodliness.

Romans 16:25-27 KJV - 

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Edited by patrick jane
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:off-topic:.... off track... off period 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Well if it was to say  to all, then there was no reason to use names.

6 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

it is a personal attack on all 7 of those people and it is a violation of the ToS whether you "think so" or not.

OK, sorry! (removed)

• Thumbs Up 2