IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Because of some of the viscious comments Ive received from some members in different threads. Not just minor comments but really horrible things. Most of those end up deleted by the mods. 

I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, and I am only speaking for myself, but I consider you a class act, and I can't think of any reason why anyone would rejoice over bad things happening in your life.  From what I have observed, you have always conducted yourself in a Godly manner on the boards.  You certainly have shown more restraint than I have been able to do at times, so it is hard for me to imagine people lashing out at you like that, but like I said, as sad as it is to think people would be like that, I do believe you.  Given the current state of the church, I can see it happening.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

19 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Because of some of the viscious comments Ive received from some members in different threads. Not just minor comments but really horrible things. Most of those end up deleted by the mods. 

Well I can sure relate to the vicious comments but I think that most of us will pray for someone even if we're mad at them.  And, if anyone delighted in your misfortune, they will have to account for that when they stand before Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Butero said:

I don't know that I have ever seen you do it.  I was just wondering what you thought about the topic in this thread, in that one of the main criticisms is that we have too much free speech, including strange doctrines, and now conspiracy theories.  Given what you said about us being able to criticize the way the place is run openly, do you think we should censor things more than they are, leave them the same, or just enforce the basic TOS and SOF?  

My personal feeling is that if you are a Christian, unless you deny the deity of Christ, you should be able to post your beliefs and everyone can make up their own mind what they think.  Anyone that doesn't believe in the deity of Christ should be in the unbeliever or seeker camp and limited to the outer court.  That is just my personal feelings on the matter, but I don't think banning views that are in direct conflict with the SOF is unreasonable.  I just don't think they need to go that far, but I could support it if that is what they decided to do.  How do you feel?  

I think that CTs and false teachers should not be allowed on this site. Not because Idon't believe in free speech but because the CT stuff and false teaching is spilling out into other forums now. Most sites won't allow these things.  they distract from what the site is all about,.  It's not a podium for conspiracies or people who want to tear down the church.  One reason I'm not sure I will remain here. I just never thought it would get this bad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think that CTs and false teachers should not be allowed on this site. Not because Idon't believe in free speech but because the CT stuff and false teaching is spilling out into other forums now. Most sites won't allow these things.  they distract from what the site is all about,.  It's not a podium for conspiracies or people who want to tear down the church.  One reason I'm not sure I will remain here. I just never thought it would get this bad.

Tell george

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Prayers are much appreciated. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

5 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I agree, MG, and I've received more than my share of unkind treatment on this site.  But I think that over time, we get to know one another and our reputation should speak for itself.  Regardless, to withhold prayer for someone just because we disagree would be un-Christlike. 

Amen,, Abby.  You and I have disagreed n the past but I still pray for you and I know you would do the same.  Arguments are not forever and we are told by God what we are to do.

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Tell george

I'm thinking of doing just that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Hm, thanks for the insights. Good to know what's up.

I've been on the forums since '06, but have less than 750 posts. :huh:

Well, glad to post here, though I don't have much to offer to the talk.

Things have definitely changed and seem ok to me. Though if things are awry & I'm missing it, I'll trust God that we'll work through it.

Edited by jeffnevins
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Butero said:

That is not what you said.  You called it "Paul's gospel," and then said Jesus said "Paul's gospel" was adequate to save.  If that is true, post the scripture and verse where Jesus said that?  If you cannot, what you said is false, and everyone that endorsed it endorsed a lie.  Jesus either said that or he didn't.  It is the gospel of Jesus Christ I hold to, not the gospel of Paul.  The gospel of Paul doesn't save.  He preached Christ and Christ crucified.  Paul didn't die for us.  

Yes, the Bible is the Word of God, and fully trustworthy.  I would never claim otherwise.  I am just saying your comments are false, and I will admit I am wrong about that when you post where Jesus said Paul's gospel is adequate to save.  Did he tell that to the disciples?  Did he preach it in a sermon to the multitudes?  Be my guest and prove me wrong.  

I don’t have to prove you wrong——-the scriptures can do that.This stuff is Christianity 101.

Paul referred to the Gospel as “ his” Gospel three times. Rom 16:25— now to Him that has the power to establish you according to MY Gospel.     2tim2:8—-Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead,according to MY gospel.There is another one but I hope that I have proven my first , disputed  point.

Do you really believe Paul revealed this Gospel because he dreamed it up somewhere .Of course he had the authority of  Christ to back up his Gospel. Do you believe Paul’s writings are part of the scriptures? I hope so because “ all scripture is God-breathed.” Read Galations 1:1. “ Paul an apostle not sent from men but by God the Father and from Jesus Christ.Read Rom 15:16  “I should be the MINISTER OF CHRIST to the gentiles”.Sent by JesusChrist to minister to the gentiles.Now do you really think that Jesus did not tell Paul  what to say as he wrote 1cor15:1-4? . It was God or Jesus breathed just like John3:16 was. Paul said that Gospel will not only save us , it will be what God will judge us by and not believing it will send you to hell—- it is hidden from those that perish.

Of course Paul didn’t die for us.....duh......I thought I made it very clear that Paul was an absolute nothing —- just like you and I  except to the extent that he was used by God to be the spokes-person by Jesus after He returned to Heaven.I hope I have addressed all of your concerns.God bless.

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I don’t have to prove you wrong——-the scriptures can do that.This stuff is Christianity 101.

Paul referred to the Gospel as “ his” Gospel three times. Rom 16:25— now to Him that has the power to establish you according to MY Gospel.     2tim2:8—-Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead,according to MY gospel.There is another one but I hope that I have proven my first , disputed  point.

Do you really believe Paul revealed this Gospel because he dreamed it up somewhere .Of course he had the authority of  Christ to back up his Gospel. Do you believe Paul’s writings are part of the scriptures? I hope so because “ all scripture is God-breathed.” Read Galations 1:1. “ Paul an apostle not sent from men but by God the Father and from Jesus Christ.Read Rom 15:16  “I should be the MINISTER OF CHRIST to the gentiles”.Sent by JesusChrist to minister to the gentiles.Now do you really think that Jesus did not tell Paul  what to say as he wrote 1cor15:1-4? . It was God or Jesus breathed just like John3:16 was. Paul said that Gospel will not only save us , it will be what God will judge us by and not believing it will send you to hell—- it is hidden from those that perish.

Of course Paul didn’t die for us.....duh......I thought I made it very clear that Paul was an absolute nothing —- just like you and I  except to the extent that he was used by God to be the spokes-person by Jesus after He returned to Heaven.I hope I have addressed all of your concerns.God bless.

The gospel Paul preached was the gospel of Jesus Christ, and no, you didn't prove your point.  Where did Jesus say that Paul's gospel is adequate to save?  If you have a red letter edition Bible, the quote will be in red.  Good luck.