the routine.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I am not sure how it would be detrimental. How else should things be done? Maybe if you explain more on why you feel this is detrimental then I would understand. :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I am not sure how it would be detrimental. How else should things be done? Maybe if you explain more on why you feel this is detrimental then I would understand. :noidea:

in that it can be repeated every week at every sermon with little  to no variation

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

in that it can be repeated every week at every sermon with little  to no variation

Well I guess it could be detrimental then. Just bleah, bleah, bleah, everyone is in zombie zone and the whole ideal that we must stick to the program no matter what.  We have much variation in the church I attend though. Sometimes the pastor dose not get the preach the sermon he had plan to preach because the Holy Spirit takes over and directs him to preach on something else. One Sunday we didn't get out of church till 1:30 because the Holy Spirit just took over and people were popping up giving testimonies and asking for prayer being saved and healed all over the place!  It was wonderful! The pastor didn't get to preach his sermon and he forgot to take an offering.  I think churches do need to allow the Spirit to come in and do what needs to be done. Instead of being so focused on following the program that we forget the reason we are at church in the first place. So yeah. I agree. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Something ive been thiking of recently

the routine.jpg

The problem is that pretty much every single thing man does that involves any planning whatsoever is going to have some sort of pattern. And let's be frank. Look at what God instructed Israel to do regarding sacrifices, feasts, etc. It's a pattern.

But the things within the pattern regarding church vary quite a bit.

Think of a commercial airplane flight. It has a pattern:

Takeoff

climb

Cruise

Descend

Land

But sometimes it's a smooth flight and sometimes you think the wings are gonna break off.

And destinations change.

And sometimes you sit next to your future spouse.

And sometimes you are squished between two fat guys.

And sometimes it's a hard landing.

But it's always the same  "routine".

Tale away any routine and people stop showing up.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The socialize part is interesting.  Some churches in my area have none and people leave the church quickly when it's over.  At others, a few people say 'hi' and 'how are you?' but that's it.  Most people don't know each other's names  A tiny subset of the church members get together regularly and that's almost like an internal, secret club.   Some of these clubs are open to visitors, others aren't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, bryan said:

The socialize part is interesting.  Some churches in my area have none and people leave the church quickly when it's over.  At others, a few people say 'hi' and 'how are you?' but that's it.  Most people don't know each other's names  A tiny subset of the church members get together regularly and that's almost like an internal, secret club.   Some of these clubs are open to visitors, others aren't.

One thing I notice that in mainstream church's there not a lot of socializing.  When I belong to the worldwide church of God . We had amazing fellowship.  Most of the members stay at church for two hours . And a lot of time the people I was close friends with in the church we use to go to a restaurant after we left church sometimes to a park and lake. I always wonder why the real Christian churches fellowship was poor and the worldwide church of God fellowship was good. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

44 minutes ago, Davida said:

It's interesting how the false spiritual things are really good at the inviting ,social part, it was the same with the new age, always some social gathering with lots of very happy social people. After I became a Christian it was like leper & evidence of the spiritual battle, that it is two opposing kingdoms at war...

It should be the other way. I think the cults like the Mormons the JWs and the worldwide Church of God are taught to be friendly and social. Mainstream church's are not at all. In the primitive church they were very interactive.  It says in acts they broke bread together and went house to house. They stay all day worshiping with one another.  What a difference. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well I guess it could be detrimental then. Just bleah, bleah, bleah, everyone is in zombie zone and the whole ideal that we must stick to the program no matter what.  We have much variation in the church I attend though. Sometimes the pastor dose not get the preach the sermon he had plan to preach because the Holy Spirit takes over and directs him to preach on something else. One Sunday we didn't get out of church till 1:30 because the Holy Spirit just took over and people were popping up giving testimonies and asking for prayer being saved and healed all over the place!  It was wonderful! The pastor didn't get to preach his sermon and he forgot to take an offering.  I think churches do need to allow the Spirit to come in and do what needs to be done. Instead of being so focused on following the program that we forget the reason we are at church in the first place. So yeah. I agree. 

that's  what i mean. how it should be sometimes

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, bryan said:

I hear ya brother...

At our church, after our first hymn, we break for a few minutes of handshakes and fellowship one with another. By nature I've always been a tad shy and introverted most of my life. But during these short breaks for 'howdies', you sure feel the love and welcoming no matter who you are. It's a welcoming and satisfying feeling being surrounded by brothers and sisters in Christ who share your faith and love you with Christian love. 

My memory is not the best anymore, but I know the names of 90% of the regular church attendees. We have regular church events and activities and 'all' are more than welcome. I've not seen any cliques or group of members separate or distance themselves from the whole congregation. I like to think that if two people walked through the front door of our church, one in ragged dirty clothes, and one in a $3,000.00 suit, both would be gladly and equally welcomed to the Lord's house. 

Yes, a warm, loving and friendly Bible believing Gospel preaching church, who welcomes and encourages all sinners to attend, whether rich or poor, black or white, is a church that has the Spirit of God. Those churches seem to be getting harder to find these days, but they're still around. 

• Thumbs Up 1