confimation

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Ive heard quite a few Anglicans speak of this. Proudly in fact, sometimes equating it with salvation. Its obviusly not, but can anyone explain what it entails.

Whats actually said and told because from what i've observed, there are numerous issues with it.

1) seemingly some children were made to go  to the classes by their parents (salvation is of free will)

2) Persons  would  say they were already  confirmed (in one case as a response to being sent something encouraging them to accept Jesus as Saviour) but all the while be living blatantly sinful lives- partying, drinking, sleeping with boyfriends/girlfriends, questioning Biblical principles like how we know the bible is true etc.

Its concerning because it seems as if its just another man made tradtition that gives unsaved people a false sense of salvation with their lives being a testament to the lack of the actual change

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Ive heard quite a few Anglicans speak of this. Proudly in fact, sometimes equating it with salvation. Its obviusly not, but can anyone explain what it entails.

Whats actually said and told because from what i've observed, there are numerous issues with it.

1) seemingly some children were made to go  to the classes by their parents (salvation is of free will)

2) Persons  would  say they were already  confirmed (in one case as a response to being sent something encouraging them to accept Jesus as Saviour) but all the while be living blatantly sinful lives- partying, drinking, sleeping with boyfriends/girlfriends, questioning Biblical principles like how we know the bible is true etc.

Its concerning because it seems as if its just another man made tradtition that gives unsaved people a false sense of salvation with their lives being a testament to the lack of the actual change

It is a man made tradition.. A hang over from the catholic religon..  They broke away from control of rome but they took a lot of the RC traditions of men with them...

Confirmation comes as a result of infant baptisim.. So a false doctrine comes from a false doctrine..

People are saved when they personally believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for their salvation...   No works religon ceremony saves the unbeliever...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

What??? No Cartoon poster. I ain't partaking in this LOL.

so.....you commenting that u not commenting.... so why bother then

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What is called confirmation is conformation actually. To the traditions of men or how men sees it concerning faith, salvation, membership in the local body of those who agree with one another over these details...

But in truth, God's confirmation is the only one that matters.

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

so.....you commenting that u not commenting.... so why bother then

I think yowm was just trying to be funny due to you always bring cartoons.    Anway raise those hands and praise the Lord .

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

2nd time I tried humor with you but it fell flat each time...I'll give it up with your threads. lol

Yowm you get no respect your another rodney ha ha.

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, Yowm said:

What??? No Cartoon poster. I ain't partaking in this LOL.

LOL and it was the first topic I can remember that wasn't about girls and dating.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

22 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Yes, it's like a kid in school being required to do a science project while taking science classes, got their badge for their effort, but they don't go on to become a scientist.

Such people who've been confirmed may have regarded it as no more than something they went through but it had no lasting significance for them. It's just a badge they trot out whenever anyone asks if they are saved. But on the other hand, there are those who regard their salvation as significant, yet they still sin.. so what's the difference?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

2nd time I tried humor with you but it fell flat each time...I'll give it up with your threads. lol

maybe it wasn't for him ... I got a chuckle out of it :thumbsup: thanks! :) 
but of course I am a cartoon poster at times  :P 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know if this has to do with the topic or not. But seeing as it is getting close to Easter I thought I would bring up Lent.  I use to have some co-workers who were Catholic. I do not mean to pass judgment but they did not seem to be Christians. They party, they talk about people and were at times just down right mean to other people. But when Lent came around, they made a point to let people know that they could not eat meat and they had to do this or that because they were practicing  Lent.  A few of them even complain about having to do it.  Then when Lent was over, they went right back to living as they had before.  It left me wondering why they bothered with it at all.

I guess it is kind of like the Pharisees. Who upheld the Law. But as Jesus told them they were like a cup that is clean on the outside but dirty on the inside.