IGNORED

WorthyNews: ‘I Can Only Imagine’ resonates with Christian audience, surprises Hollywood

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - In an age when superheroes and antiheroes rule the box office, a small film depicting a Christian songwriter’s relationship with his abusive father has surprised Hollywood with its third-highest take in ticket sales.

And it’s all about a song.

“I Can Only Imagine” scored $17 million over the weekend, tapping an often underserved audience that has flocked in recent years to other Christian-themed movies such as “God’s Not Dead” and “Heaven Is for Real.” [ Source: Washington Times (Read More...) ]

The post ‘I Can Only Imagine’ resonates with Christian audience, surprises Hollywood appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The movie is about the circumstances in Bart Millard's life that led to Bart writing the song "I can Only Imagine."

I haven't seen the movie, but plan to see it soon. I live in Greenville, Texas and although I knew Bart when he was a small child and when he was in high school, I did not know the details of his childhood that led to this song & movie until I recently did some reading about the movie.

John