IGNORED

Are there such things as "demon attacks"?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I had a particular experience this morning.

I normally sleep on my side, curled up with a pillow between my legs. As I awoke, I was laying on my back, the pillow underneath my knees. Out of nowhere, this pressure started pushing onto my chest, making it difficult for me to breath. For whatever reason, I thought I was going to be struck by lightning. I tried to speak and all that I remember escaping my lips was a very weak, "lord..."

About a half a minute after it began, it was over. I don't know if it was an attack or if it was something physical. I know my dad has a sleeping condition called dyspnea where you wake up with breathing problems, but as far as I know, that only happens if you are lying on your back. I still don't know why I was on my back like I was. I'm torn between some kind of weird attack and maybe also having my dad's dyspnea. I just don't know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

23 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

I normally sleep on my side, curled up with a pillow between my legs. As I awoke, I was laying on my back, the pillow underneath my knees. Out of nowhere, this pressure started pushing onto my chest, making it difficult for me to breath. For whatever reason, I thought I was going to be struck by lightning. I tried to speak and all that I remember escaping my lips was a very weak, "lord..."

About a half a minute after it began, it was over. I don't know if it was an attack or if it was something physical. I know my dad has a sleeping condition called dyspnea where you wake up with breathing problems, but as far as I know, that only happens if you are lying on your back. I still don't know why I was on my back like I was. I'm torn between some kind of weird attack and maybe also having my dad's dyspnea. I just don't know.

You could have your dad's problem, but pressure on the chest is one common factor in demonic attacks, especially attacks leading to possession. If you are saved in Christ however you cant be possessed. So it comes down to the possibility again of you having dyspnea

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

I would have several bouts of sleep paralysis. (Demons?)

I think its at least possible. I have had experiences like that myself. Or out of body experiences while asleep (where you are the least likely to have any control).

I, once during a case of sleep paralysis, for example, saw a male beside the bed speaking to me in a voice too unnaturally deep for any human male (anybody ever watch the Underworld movies with Kate Beckinsale? I dont care for them but my husband likes watching them sometimes. If you know the movies, you will recall a huge African guy with a really deep voice that almost sounds like it was computer enhanced though it isnt.). Well what I heard was deeper. Scared the life out of me. 

I havent had such experiences for some years now. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1985

On 3/23/2018 at 1:49 AM, GreyDestiny said:

Pray dear friend. Before you sleep ask God to send a hedge of Angels to protect you as you sleep. In Jesus Name. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Nighttime (nocturnal) panic attacks can occur with no obvious trigger and awaken you from sleep. As with a daytime panic attack, you may experience sweating, rapid heart rate, trembling, shortness of breath, heavy breathing (hyperventilation), flushing or chills, and a sense of impending doom.

While driving to a hospital construction site of which I was a subcontractor with crew, I was rehearsing the days schedule and time frame, anticipating problems and delays, and suddenly I became very anxious, sweating, hard to breathe, heart racing, and had to pull over off the expressway to the side, cut on AC full blast, rolled down the window, stuck out my head and gulped all the air I could get. And prayed. Lasted about five minuets. Drove to work, everything OK. One week later, almost the same place on the freeway to the job I was rehearsing again, the same thing happened. Told a friend later and he told me same thing happened to him and he thought it was a heart attack and went to the emergency room, and found out it was only a panic attack. Not uncommon. I was simply overloading my brain with the stress and anxiety of my job. I have felt only a couple coming on since, but will immediately give the problems to God, pray, and have never had any more. Reading online, they can occur during sleep. I realized it was a mental problem, I over think too much,  worried about my job performance to the extreme, causing overload. Now I immediately go to memorized scripture (hid in my heart) when I get anxious, realizing my trust in God is the answer. Hope this may help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

A heart attack is often described as like having an elephant sit on your chest.  Medical causes need to be ruled out by and medical doctor.  

Guest BacKaran

Many things can bring on sleep paralysis so check out your meds if you are on any.

I just quit all the meds I was on for 30 years due to a misdiagnosed issue...sigh....

I have tinnitus really bad, it’s so loud I am sure the world can hear it!
I cant get to sleep so I began taking Ambien but then I had to double it...
So doctor gave me slow release, she wont double it (hallucinations she said) but the slow release I think I would need to take at 5 pm to get me to be sleepy about 9 pm and be ok in the morning>

I have tried it once, nightmare galore and I felt groggy in the morning so not gonna use that as an option.
Panic attacks simulate heart attacks and low blood potassium does the same but can really damage your body.

Here’s my experience with demons....
At 48 I told my hubby was going to learn how to witness by the time I was 50....
Hmmm, car accident and 2 major surgeries set me back a few years but I told the devil, you keep trying cuz I’m still following God!
Mom died, hubby died, health issues, financial issues, got let go from a job cuz I asked for a raise after 7 years...nice “christian man” president told me I should rent out rooms for money....
Now I’m 60 and my dad just passed, I’m ostracized from my son and Roman Catholic siblings, I’m born again aka Jesus freak in a cult somewhere....sigh...
but I am still going every day 24/7/365 for HIM!!

Trusting God in all things...going off my anxiety meds after 30 years, been off a month now and so far so good Thank You Lord!
If I need it I need it but 30 years of paying for it if I didnt need it...yeeks, that’s a lotta money and I am not a cash cow for the drs!

Life is stressful so give it all to God, and all the time if need be!!

Blessings

Karan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

About a year ago, I was sleeping in bed on my back.  I then felt a sudden lot of pressure on my chest like one of my children had jumped on me and was lying on me, which woke me up.  I got scared, I kept my eyes closed and just kept repeating to myself "Jesus is Lord" over and over again.  The pressure went away.  I haven't had this experience since.  You might find it helpful to read some posts in the spiritual warfare section.

Guest BacKaran

Thanks for sharing Lavender.
Ive had almost like choking instances which may or may not be related to sleep apnea or just my being overweight.
Every once in a while my throat will spasm shut while I am sleeping or resting on the bed and I think its almost like an asthma attack. They are so infrequent I dont really think about them until it happens.
The last one was a doozy about two years ago. I jumped outta bed, got as far as the bathroom and prayed Jesus help me. I wasn’t going to make it to the phone to call 911......it passed, I thanked Him and havent had an issue since. It is scary and I now pray for those I know who have asthma, its a helpless feeling and seems to last forever even though it may be just seconds...

Praise God for all things are under His control! Amen!

Guest Butero

You can have demonic attacks that are physical.  I have had many of them over the years.  There is one thing that I have found that works every time, and that is to call on the name of Jesus.  I have had such attacks stopped instantly the moment I called on his name for help.  Tell him that you need assistance as you are experiencing an attack from the enemy.  If the situation is urgent, and you don't have time to pray a formal prayer, just call out to him like Peter did when he began to sink on the water.  He is faithful.