• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Do you?

Why do people feel that they need to evangelize Christians? Why not in the outer court where the lost and looking reside? I'm just saying.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The reminder of the gospel is for us all.    OH what sweet wonderful reminders .

Besides that ,   I think we all know many folks came under a different JESUS and thus evangelism is very bit needful in most churches as it is in the world .

Want a harvest ,  look no futher than most churches .    prosperity gospels FALSE ,    seeker friendly all inclusive unity ,   false

IF we came to JESUS for money,    He aint our god ,  MONEY is    .    IF we came to the JESUS that accepts sin and calls it love ,   He aint our GOD ,   SIN IS.

ITs very dire that many hear the true gospel .      and to me who knows it ,   its a blessing to be continuously reminded of it always .   what a blessing

just ot hear wonderful exhortations , even though I already know them,  its like such sweet reminders that just keep us sharp in the faith . 

OH let the LORD be praised .   OH YES may we continually speak of HIM , HIS SAYINGS reminding one another and strirring one another up.

From every warning to every promise ,  its a blessing to be exhorted and when I see others doing it ,   as I said,  even though I may know it .........It just lights a fire

OH that all would  tell of Christ and those wonderful reminders and the gifts be used in the body to edify the body .   What JOY in the LORD , oh what praise be to HIM

OH what a song of joy has the LORD put in my heart .     OH lift the hands and praise the LORD ,    leap and dance unto Him as did david.    Praise be to the LORD

and HIS sayings areupmost beauty and such a treat to the soul to be reminded daily .     Feast of Him and learn of HIM and blessed be HIS HOLY NAME

OH the reigns of my heart has the LORD \filled with JOY ,  so sing with me a song unto the LORD who has saved us by Grace alone .    ONWARD into the trenches

people and put on the whole armour.      For ones like us will not be tolerated much longer .   But forgive those who hate ,   forgive those who persecute

and just REJIOCE in the LORD ,  for no matter what is coming .........I HAVE MYHOPE ,   ITS THE LORD .   

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Why do people feel that they need to evangelize Christians?

You are right.

"The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few." - Matthew 9:37

But they have been warned.

“Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.” - Acts 18:6

• Thumbs Up 1

Many come to the inner court preaching as if we know nothing about the Gospel, or what it takes to be saved, etc. That is why I believe that evangelizing belongs in the outer court and not the inner. Preaching to the choir, if you will.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member

5 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Why do people feel that they need to evangelize Christians? Why not in the outer court where the lost and looking reside? I'm just saying.

I'm new and I suppose I posted in the wrong forum. Even so, many long time and degreed Christians think we can't know if we're saved in this life. I'm checking the posts now to see if anybody gave the gospel of salvation yet, or just griping and complaining about the free gift and how they're so smart, they already know everything. I'll ask that this thread be moved to another sub-forum for the folks who love to talk about the gospel of salvation.

Btw, I don't see how my thread title and first post are evangelizing to anyone. It amazes me how many Christians already know so much and preach false doctrines.

Edited by patrick jane
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, patrick jane said:

Even so, many long time and degreed Christians think we can't know if we're saved in this life.

We shall know them by their fruits.

"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:16

But I would not go on judging and condemning. But we are to exhort and correct one another.

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
    “The Lord knows those who are His,” and,
“Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”" - 2 Timothy 2:19

And no one can say you are in the faith better than yourself.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" - Romans 8:16

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit,
    if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
        Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
    and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

P.S. I am not fighting. :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member

1 minute ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

We shall know them by their fruits.

"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:16

But I would not go on judging and condemning. But we are to exhort and correct one another.

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
    “The Lord knows those who are His,” and,
“Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”" - 2 Timothy 2:19

And no one can say you are in the faith better than yourself.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" - Romans 8:16

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit,
    if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
        Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
    and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

P.S. I am not fighting. :unsure:

All true but are you saying my fruit is bad already?

Just now, patrick jane said:

All true but are you saying my fruit is bad already?

No. I did not say that.

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
26 minutes ago, patrick jane said:

I'm new and I suppose I posted in the wrong forum. Even so, many long time and degreed Christians think we can't know if we're saved in this life. I'm checking the posts now to see if anybody gave the gospel of salvation yet, or just griping and complaining about the free gift and how they're so smart, they already know everything. I'll ask that this thread be moved to another sub-forum for the folks who love to talk about the gospel of salvation.

Btw, I don't see how my thread title and first post are evangelizing to anyone. It amazes me how many Christians already know so much and preach false doctrines.

I doubt I hold to the same doctrines you do, as I don't believe in eternal security, but I do believe that you can know you are saved through faith in Christ and continuing to live for him.  

Why did you get blasted over such an innocent post?  Because some have been starting threads calling on those in sin to repent in the General Forums.  Christians will fall into sin, so I have never minded people calling everyone to repent if they are in sin, but some are offended by it.  You showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I am sorry you were treated like this.  You didn't do anything wrong.  

Just so you will know, the Outer Court area is where unbelievers and seekers are allowed to participate, so if you are trying to win them, that is the best place to post.  They are not prohibited from reading in the General Forums, so even if you do post an evangelistic post here, it is possible they might see it anyway.  

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums.  I am happy you decided to become part of this family.  I hope you won't let this incident make you think everyone hates evangelistic posts and calls to repent of sins at a Christian Message Board.  The Lord bless you for your efforts to reach the unsaved.