• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

On 3/27/2018 at 6:02 AM, p.rehbein said:

Boy, I kinda wonder if I should add a comment, but, shoot.

I looked through the comments, and kept wondering when:

John 3:16 would show up?

14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15)That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16)For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17)For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

and:

Ephesians 2:

4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8)For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

To me (and maybe just me) these are the Gospel of Salvation.

Those verses do not save you. They are not the power of God unto salvation. Very important and absolutely necessary scriptures to be sure, and most people have seen or heard that verse. Believing and trusting 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is essential for salvation. Every verse in the Bible is important and I'm not ignoring any of them but I'm focusing and the heart and the core of the gospel and the gospel of grace.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

SALVATION ISA GIFT OF GRACE!

Salvation: Salvation is a multi step process in my opinion, based on how I understand Scripture. Before I can fully explain my thoughts, it is necessary to establish a “base line” of Biblical beliefs from Scripture.

Step One in God’s Salvation Plan: “Called” We who are saved are called by God unto salvation. He calls us to become His children.
1) God is a Spirit. John 4:24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

2) John 6:44) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day

I believe that God calls us through the Holy Spirit. In that the Holy Spirit moves upon our heart, upon our spirit to make us aware of our sinful life. A life apart from God equates to a sin filled life in my opinion. To be apart from God is to be living in sin.

3) Romans 8:29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 .) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Once we become aware of His calling, of the Holy Spirit moving upon/within us, we face a decision. This is“conviction.” Being convicted by the Holy Spirit of our sinful life apart from God, we must decide if we are going to “confess” our sins, and ask Him to forgive us of our sins, and accept into our lives as our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. Or, we can turn and walk away, and deny Him. Sadly, there are those that do just this in my opinion, for I have known some who walked away from His calling, never to be visited by the Holy Spirit again.

Conviction leading to Confession (which can also be stated as Repentance) is when we are down on our knees and with a sincere and contrite heart confess our sinful life apart from God, and ask Him into our lives, to receive salvation through Grace. His Grace is a gift, and not of any work of ours, and that gift was purchased with the precious blood that His only begotten Son shed on Calvary’s cross. Our salvation was bought with His blood. When God bestows His gift of Grace upon us, and the blood of Christ is applied to our hearts, cleansing us of all sin, we become a “new born” believer.

1stJohn 1:7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5 “…Unto him that loved us, and washed usfrom our sins in his own blood.”

Hebrews 13:12 “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctifythe people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.”

Romans 3:24-25 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

Romans 5:9 “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”

In my opinion, this “new birth”is a “spiritual” rebirth, not a physical one. Just as Jesus spoke of to Nicodemus.

John 3:4) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 .) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 .) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 .) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

God bless.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member

On 3/27/2018 at 10:44 PM, Yowm said:

Though 1Cor 15:1-4 is the core of the Gospel, I could equally make a case that the Book from which the quote, "the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" belongs actually contains the unabridged Gospel (Romans chaps 1-3) of which 1Cor 15:1-4 is in comparison an abbreviation.

So a verse like John 3:16 may be a condensed version of 1Cor 15:1-4 so the Corinthian passage is a condensed version of Romans chapters 1-3. But in the last analysis, none of those passages saves a person, as salvation is found in the Person of Jesus Christ. He is the one who saves. 

Yes that's where salvation is found, only one way. Belief and unbelief are what we do. Simple really. Romans 10 has some condensed versions as well. What saves us is the Blood of Christ shed at death for our sins. His death burial and resurrection, the Cross, is what we preach and believe. Believing and trusting 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - seals us with that Holy Spirit of Promise. Saved and Sealed Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-14 KJV -  Peter 3:9 KJV - 

1 Corinthians 2:2-5 KJV - 

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

May I add to this discussion that the "Gospel of Jesus Christ" is presented from the Alpha to the Omega of the word of God and not just in a few select verses out of the New Testament. For without the beginning(s) the foundation is not known, it just appears.

The Gospel, the truth, begins with, "In the beginning God created the heaven and earth." It continues throughout every word of the Bible to be the gospel of Christ Jesus. including: 

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.  And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.  For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,  and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,  he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,  if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister."

The gospel is also inclusive of the declaration that God is sovereign over all matters and has been and will continue to be. As has been declared within the following:

..." Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.  And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."

This gospel assures each that is called to understanding, that Jesus does not fail. He is the Good Shepherd and He never ever fails any that have been called. As is declared: 

"For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”  They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.  But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.  For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

The gospel of jesus continues. It is not only four testimonies of Mark Matthew Luke and John, nor only of Paul or James of of the Psalmists and many prophets. it as the word throughout the Omega opens with the declaration:

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,  who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near."

The red thread of redemption is declared throughout the Bible.The Bible does not save, only Jesus saves. The Bible "makes one wise" unto to salvation, and then only by the revealing of it's truth by the enlightening of the Holy Spirit. "The Bible itself does not save but it makes each saint able to act in faith to appropriate God's salvation in Christ".

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member

Thanks Mr. Obvious. Just kidding, great post @Neighbor