IGNORED

Reply to If someone doesn't know about Christ, and has never heard of Christ, then where do they go when they die?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.  (Luke 23: 34)  If one can find scriptures that verify Yeshua is unchanging, that he is the truth, who tells the truth and that he is the judge, his famous words from the cross establish precedent (unchanging).  Many might quarrel with this, doubting he is really unchanging and feeling perhaps he didn’t realize what the words meant that he was saying.  Personally, I think he’s smart.  If I recall, there is a verse in Revelation that says he has a name nobody knows, which begs the question, does any of us really know even his (real) name?  There’s a lesson in humility, even for the most learned Bible scholar, the degree of latitude the Savior must afford himself in this Luke quote and elsewhere for the sake of accomplishing his will to save human beings.  There are several, rather large, layers of the answer to this question that go well beyond the scope of a comment reply in a forum such as this, but I think we can see that this pronouncement at least gives Jesus the complete discretional latitude to forgive and thus save whomever he chooses, as we all easily qualify for not knowing as a grounds for forgiveness, which he, himself set, especially when compared to complete (only) knowledge of the Eternal Lord’s.  But if that still leaves one a little sketchy, keep in mind that one of the things we do not know is how often he is there at a human’s last breath, telling him his name. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Jhn 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

• Steve_S locked and unlocked this topic