IGNORED

WorthyNews: Pro-life movement rallies behind student walkout to protest abortion

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - A California student is challenging his school’s double standard on which causes are permissible to protest by calling for a national school walkout against abortion.

Brandon Gillespie, a student at Rocklin High School, announced Thursday that the pro-life walkout will take place on the morning of April 11 and last 17 minutes.

The proposed demonstration mirrors national student walkouts protesting gun violence in the wake of last month’s shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America, said pro-life students deserve “the same respect and accommodation that anti-gun activists experienced” when they staged a walkout on March 14. [ Source: Washington Times (Read More...) ]

The post Pro-life movement rallies behind student walkout to protest abortion appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Okay. First off let me make it clear I am not taking sides here. But I just want to point something out. When the students walked out over guns, there was an uproar about how our kids are being indoctrinated by the system and how they are being used to promote the anti-gun agenda and stuff like that.  But now we have the pro-life people coming in and now they want to have a student walk out for the pro-life agenda. And you all seem fine with that sort of thing.  How is it that the pro-life movement is not met with the same uproar about indoctrinating our students like the ant- gun people were met with?  Could this be a case of, as long as the students support what I support then a walk out is acceptable?   Just some thoughts. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It is  because the staff is pushing woman rights and abortion, so the students are thinking for themselves by being pro life.  

I can't imagine Texans putting up with the anti gun stuff since they even have legal automatic weapons.   

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. First off let me make it clear I am not taking sides here. But I just want to point something out. When the students walked out over guns, there was an uproar about how our kids are being indoctrinated by the system and how they are being used to promote the anti-gun agenda and stuff like that.  But now we have the pro-life people coming in and now they want to have a student walk out for the pro-life agenda. And you all seem fine with that sort of thing.  How is it that the pro-life movement is not met with the same uproar about indoctrinating our students like the ant- gun people were met with?  Could this be a case of, as long as the students support what I support then a walk out is acceptable?   Just some thoughts. 

Not taking sides either :rolleyes: , but are you suggesting then that since the door has been opened to student walk outs, that only "approved" issues can be tolerated?

Surely you are not suggesting that . . . are you?

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Not at all, kids need to be disciplined if they walk out of school or a job. There is time to protest after school. I do wonder how the school will handle approving one walkout without kids coming up with a different walkout every day. Will the schools discriminate?

Edited by hmbld
Spelling

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Not taking sides either :rolleyes: , but are you suggesting then that since the door has been opened to student walk outs, that only "approved" issues can be tolerated?

Surely you are not suggesting that . . . are you?

Blessings,

-Ed

I really just want people to see the hypocrisy of it all.  The students walk out over guns and many on here bashed them and criticized them for doing so. Will you all do the same if they have a walk out to show support for something that you support as well?  Or will they be called sheep and accused of not knowing what they are doing as many on here said when they did the gun walk out? 

Well we will see I guess. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

49 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I really just want people to see the hypocrisy of it all.  The students walk out over guns and many on here bashed them and criticized them for doing so. Will you all do the same if they have a walk out to show support for something that you support as well?  Or will they be called sheep and accused of not knowing what they are doing as many on here said when they did the gun walk out? 

Well we will see I guess. 

Cannot speak for others, but I am an "all or nothing" kind of guy.

If walkouts are going to be allowed (tolerated), then ALL walkouts must be allowed.  But only walkouts GENUINELY promoted by students - not adults with an agenda using kids for fodder.

My 'druthers however would be that walkouts would not be allowed.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/2003

Maybe because there's a big difference in protesting something because you really believe it's wrong and being told you must protest something because other people think it's wrong.

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It's acceptable because what he is doing is testing the claim that the protests/walkouts over "gun control"  was "constitutional" and students were being praised for walking out and exercising their first amendment rights.   

This student is walking out to protest abortion will get the same praise for using the exact same constitutional rights.  

The gun control walkouts were staged and are being funded by the Left.  They are simply manipulating impressionable young students who have no idea what gun control is really all about.  

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Yowm said:

which includes demanding the denial of others their 2nd amendment rights.

That is correct.  Anyone brave enough not comply with the walkout, or who questioned it, was blackballed and punished for daring to have and voice a different opinion.