• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1999

9 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Really.....  I think you should do a little research on the life of a pastor and come back to this post.  Imagine a pastor having to minister to this forum, i am not sure he would last that long and the money therefore would be of little value.  

The pastor has to go visit the sick, take calls in the middle of the night, hear of complaints that people blow out of proportion and mediate between spouses ect.  This is the life of a real modern day pastor and much more.   Should he not be compensated for his time and not worry about if he can send his three children to university.   If you want to hear well prepared sermons when you go to church, pay the man, but through a committee or something of that sort that can see the reality of the church income to expense ratio.    This is the modern world and he is a part of it too. 

The pastor on his volition has to come to terms of the gospel and his stance of money and power.  He can decline or accept amounts .  At the end of the day, he will have to give an account for his duties to the flock on that day.  

Good 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

46 minutes ago, Okoh said:

Thanks for the compliment first. But we are still saying the same when u said pastors that always preach prosperity and I said pastors in the ministry for their own selfish motives. I hope you are getting me?? 

And there are genuine pastors who are really willing to do the will of God and please God. 

But my question is if God causes people to favor him with huge amounts of money, should he reject it?? 

He should live plain and give all that money to those who really do lack.    millions in this world lack basic food , clothes and shelter.

IF he heaps for himself he aint no man of God .   Be encouraged and praise the Lord .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

He should live plain and give all that money to those who really do lack.    millions in this world lack basic food , clothes and shelter.

IF he heaps for himself he aint no man of God .   Be encouraged and praise the Lord .

Well, I am sure every pastor would have read the following verses and is well acquainted with it, so he would not have  an excuse.

Matthew 7 King James Version (KJV)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Imagine a pastor having to minister to this forum, i am not sure he would last that long and the money therefore would be of little value.  

Lol the owner of this site is a pastor. Ive been here 14 yrs. The site is older than that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Like Jade said a pastor is a full time job. They counsel people. They visit hospitals and speak in funerals. They do weddings. Like Jade also said George the site owner is a pastor and travels and spreads the gospel.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

39 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Lol the owner of this site is a pastor. Ive been here 14 yrs. The site is older than that. 

Yeh, you're right. Bad example, but just the thought of the constant squabbles over petty things here, I made that statement.   And  to be truthful, I was more referring to an invited pastor, not the owner as such.  George is indeed a generous and patient man, the we must give thanks for the hard work and efforts he had put and dedicated to have this forum available for the world to participate.   Worthy is a great place for believers to share the gospel and fellowship.  Sorry about my comments as you pointed out.  

So i have edited my original offending post to a different example.  

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1999

7 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

He that waters shall be watereth, so if he keeps giving he will never lack. 

But saying he should give all his money to people in need?? There is no wisdom in that. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/24/2018 at 3:23 PM, Pillar said:

Let's talk about finances and evangelism. I think that Pastors should not take money from the collection plate to live. I think that for those who love God a collection plate is not even necessary as nothing we have belongs to us in the first place therefore must be shared generously.

Pastors do not take from the collection plate, any more than a store clerk takes from the cash register.

As to the value of a pastor, how do I value my own? The men that stayed with me day after day after day as  my wife died? The men that stayed with me at my own hospital bed?  The men that pray  for me by name? The men that have spent years studying Greek and Hebrew sacrificing their time that they shall be better prepared to share the word of God with me? The men that have been called of the Holy Spirit and  given the gifts that both serve and sustain the local body of Christ as it's head under Christ Jesus ?

How much are they worth to me?  At the least a double portion! At least double that of the typical skilled  educated expert in their own field.

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.  For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”  Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hmm, I think I am being convicted to cherish my pastor/teachers more highly, and have need to  be more sharing with the local body of Christ where I have been led by God to worship of what I have been blessed to receive.

Praise God for the more thorough clearing of my head and the encouraging of my heart. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Okoh said:

He that waters shall be watereth, so if he keeps giving he will never lack. 

But saying he should give all his money to people in need?? There is no wisdom in that. 

He should live plain .   live off as little as possible and share with those who really need and not those who just greed.

• Thumbs Up 1