• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Miguel segunda.     He apologized for that .   

Yeah I know I responded before I read ALL the posts  Gave Him a Thumbs up for the apology.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

I believe that the master in the story was showing all that towards the servant fully knowing that the servant was unrepentant. The forgiveness was given to that murdering burglar rapist, but the servant did not have a sincere repentant heart, he never really accepted that he needed forgiveness, he just wanted to avoid the penalty of the debt he owed.

Having said that the master did show love and forgiveness for the servant that showed no remorse for their crime.

My love and forgiveness is what helps to pave the path for someone to repent. Like the servant they may or may not repent BUT if they don't, they can NEVER use the excuse that I wouldn't forgive them....it's all on them, their free will choice.

Something I would like to add .....it seems that you are having to deal with some offensive people right now. At this time in my life I am not...although many times in the past I have had to, and I will again in the future. It's easy for me to say all this now, but not so easy to do it when you are in the thick of it. Your forgiveness and mercy may go completely unaccepted but it's all you can do.

I wanted to say something about that, but maybe now is the time. 

The Gospel is strange to many people. 

Someone who may not ask for forgiveness or the like, that does affect many things while he is still alive. 

We may look at how that can affect his circumstances here on earth, between the various people and the system involved, the community and their laws. 

But also how does that may affect his standing between Jesus and him, her. 

I am talking about a believer. 

The relationship is different when he lives and diferent at the time of his death. 

The emphasis is that at the time of his death, 

JESUS WON'T HOLD HIS SINS AGAINST HIM 

repented, or unrepented

He died for the sins and payed the price for the sins, he was punished for the sins of everyone repented or unrepented. 

Jesus cannot denied his Cross and he cannot reverse it, or deprived the benefit of his sacrifice from anyone who believes. 

8 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am glad to read your post.

Do you think that (without pointing fingers), most of us confuse the God of the old testiment with the Father in the Heavens. 

What happen to the God of the OT. 

Can the God of the OT who was the God of the Jews only, has anything to do and say not just today but from about the time of Jesus Christ. 

Can he still judge the Jews, or do the Jews have their own God from the rest of us. 

Some kind of tought, or any would be appreciated. 

I have to default to dispensations, where we consider how we treat our children at different stages in their lives.

I'm not going to teach my toddler astro physics (as if I could)  and just the same I'm not going to be putting diapers on my 20 year old and playing patty cake. I will adjust how I interact with them based on the point to which they are developing.

As God goes through the process of revealing himself to us through the ages he does it in different ways as we come to know him better. 

So the God we see in the Old Testament interacted with man differently then the way He does in the New Testament. There are many things He does in the OT but the most significant thing He does is establish that He is God and ultimately sovereign. In the NT he reveals even more of himself as he becomes incarnate. Same God in the OT and the NT.  In the New Testament we see the "make up" of God revealed to us as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This is not a new or different God, we have come to know God as he has revealed himself so far in the OT and are now ready for a clearer revelation of him. In the dispensation of the NT he reveals Himself in finer detail.

The God of the OT was not just the God of the Jews, he was the God of all. He made himself known to all that were following other gods through the Jews.

This is kind of off topic though.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

23 hours ago, Ogner said:

Does God love his enemies? 

Why do we have to love those who wish us harm for no reason?

Psalm chapter 145 verse 9

The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

Proverbs chapter 25 verse 21,22

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I wanted to say something about that, but maybe now is the time. 

The Gospel is strange to many people. 

Someone who may not ask for forgiveness or the like, that does affect many things while he is still alive. 

We may look at how that can affect his circumstances here on earth, between the various people and the system involved, the community and their laws. 

But also how does that may affect his standing between Jesus and him, her. 

I am talking about a believer. 

The relationship is different when he lives and diferent at the time of his death. 

The emphasis is that at the time of his death, 

JESUS WON'T HOLD HIS SINS AGAINST HIM 

repented, or unrepented

He died for the sins and payed the price for the sins, he was punished for the sins of everyone repented or unrepented. 

Jesus cannot denied his Cross and he cannot reverse it, or deprived the benefit of his sacrifice from anyone who believes. 

What you are saying is true, so having said that , it leads us to ask the question in the Matthew story ...."if the master forgives how is it that he takes back the forgiveness and punishes the servant".

Two things become obvious by your post . Once forgiven by God you are forgiven...no take backs... so the forgiveness was not canceled but remains in effect. That can only mean that the forgiveness was never accepted by the servant.

How can that be... his debt was forgiven? This is where we have to remember that Jesus used physical stories to explain spiritual truths (parables). This servant was not looking to change his bad ways or attain forgiveness, he just wanted the debt (physical / worldly problems) to be removed so that he could continue doing what he was doing unhindered......there was no repentance. No inner spiritual change. In fact there never was any decision for spiritual change within the servant. He wasn't looking for forgiveness, he just wanted to get out of a bad spot. He never accepted the forgiveness in the first place.

The second thing is that Jesus is talking about an unbeliever, not a believer. That we must come to him with a repentant heart somehow looking for a change.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

Name calling does not help us learn

Thanks, I apologized for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, patrick jane said:

Thanks, I apologized for that.

I see that ...good for you:emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

What you are saying is true, so having said that , it leads us to ask the question in the Matthew story ...."if the master forgives how is it that he takes back the forgiveness and punishes the servant".

Two things become obvious by your post . Once forgiven by God you are forgiven...no take backs... so the forgiveness was not canceled but remains in effect. That can only mean that the forgiveness was never accepted by the servant.

How can that be... his debt was forgiven? This is where we have to remember that Jesus used physical stories to explain spiritual truths (parables). This servant was not looking to change his bad ways or attain forgiveness, he just wanted the debt (physical / worldly problems) to be removed so that he could continue doing what he was doing unhindered......there was no repentance. No inner spiritual change. In fact there never was any decision for spiritual change within the servant. He wasn't looking for forgiveness, he just wanted to get out of a bad spot. He never accepted the forgiveness in the first place.

The second thing is that Jesus is talking about an unbeliever, not a believer. That we must come to him with a repentant heart somehow looking for a change.

Just to the parable: 

Jesus at that time living within the Jewish culture. 

He address people who actually in their doings towards the law, they were clean and upright, 

(I don't mean everyone, but those who if they were judge if they keep the Law of Moses they will be found with the righteousness of the Law. 

Jesus had said at some time that a righteousness grater than the pharishes is required to inherit the Kingdom of God. 

One more time Jesus touch an area that it was not be seen by the people but it cannot be hidden from God. 

The thoughts and intentions of the heart so to speak, and that what he did that time he show them their hearts condition which was hidden from one another, but one time will be come obvious even to others from the way we act, so to speak telling people to guard their minds and their hearts. 

That example it does give also a message to us. 

Jesus also said we don't get all the time what we deserve , because he turns the other chick, but that does not mean all the time, because that will teach us to take advandange of his love. 

Someone whose unrule behavior torment his mother and vex her to some point and is continuous, dont you think that Jesus will need to do something about it, eventghout his mother's love tries to love her son, if this is the situation. 

Every case needs to be taken on a case by case basis. 

To a Believer that does not mean, where Jesus "is showing tough love", that his involment results to sent someone to Earthy "hell", does not mean that he will also sent him to eternal Hell, sometimes we need that there is the devil in this earth, and may we open our selfs to evil spirits to torment us but not before they bless us and help us with the desires of the flesh and 

GREED......

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Just to the parable: 

Jesus at that time living within the Jewish culture. 

He address people who actually in their doings towards the law, they were clean and upright, 

(I don't mean everyone, but those who if they were judge if they keep the Law of Moses they will be found with the righteousness of the Law. 

Jesus had said at some time that a righteousness grater than the pharishes is required to inherit the Kingdom of God. 

One more time Jesus touch an area that it was not be seen by the people but it cannot be hidden from God. 

The thoughts and intentions of the heart so to speak, and that what he did that time he show them their hearts condition which was hidden from one another, but one time will be come obvious even to others from the way we act, so to speak telling people to guard their minds and their hearts. 

That example it does give also a message to us. 

Jesus also said we don't get all the time what we deserve , because he turns the other chick, but that does not mean all the time, because that will teach us to take advandange of his love. 

Someone whose unrule behavior torment his mother and vex her to some point and is continuous, dont you think that Jesus will need to do something about it, eventghout his mother's love tries to love her son, if this is the situation. 

Every case needs to be taken on a case by case basis. 

To a Believer that does not mean, where Jesus "is showing tough love", that his involment results to sent someone to Earthy "hell", does not mean that he will also sent him to eternal Hell, sometimes we need that there is the devil in this earth, and may we open our selfs to evil spirits to torment us but not before they bless us and help us with the desires of the flesh and 

GREED......

You are making me think about how we often think that God is punishing when in reality we are suffering the consequences of our sin.

I suppose He could say "I told you so" rather than let us blame the consequences of our own doing on Him.

But then again...He does warn us.

In the same way we may try to blame satan. Although he may be the tempter, it is our own doing that causes us to sin, not the tempter.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 3/25/2018 at 3:02 AM, Ogner said:

Whom should we love and forgive? criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... ? Which kinds of enemies we must demonstrate love?

In Romans 12:20 Paul quotes the words of Proverbs 25:21 "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;

Hebrew text versions are used word  (נַאֲךָ)  saw-nay'  - adversary, opponent

Then compare with Exodus 15:9 "The enemy boasted, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils; I will "

Hebrew  text - (אֹויֵב) o-yabe' - enemy combatant

If your [(נַאֲךָ)  saw-nay' ] is hungry, give him food to eat. But if If your [(אֹויֵב) o-yabe'] is hungry, leave him alone.

Now about guilty to crimes

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not murder."

Hebrew  text - (תִּֿרְצָֽח׃) raw-tsakh'  - murder.

Bible say about guilty to crimes. How do we define them and what should we do with them? (Numbers 35:16, 21, 31; and Deuteronomy 22:25)  Deuteronomy 13:9 "you must kill him without fail!"

Bible say about killing in war Numbers 31:7 " They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. "

Hebrew  text - (תַּֽהַרְגֶנּוּ) haw-rag'  -kill, put them to death.

You shall not [(תִּֿרְצָֽח׃) raw-tsakh' ]  murder  but you must [ (תַּֽהַרְגֶנּוּ) haw-rag' ] kill the guilty criminals. 

Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love and forgive criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains ?  

We do not love the sins or evil acts of people....it is important to remember that.  Just like God doesn't love those sins....but He does love the people that are deceived by the devil and wants to redeem them.

Perhaps our love and forgiveness will touch some hardened sinners life?  Perhaps that will help them to realize they need to repent and accept the Lord's forgiveness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1