• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Davida said:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-45.htm

Matt5:45: "44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same?…"

Which kinds of enemies we must demonstrate love? Do you know whom Jesus is talking about?

Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love and forgive criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains ?  

All right, how about this one?

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matthew 5:22 KJV

• Group:  Senior Member

49 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

It is exactly what Jesus did. He put that redemption right out there...for everyone.

Maybe nothing will change, that happened in the story of the servant in Matthew but, we don't know that.

And I think you might be surprised to find out how many nasty people changed their way because out of all the people they met one person did something nice to them, showed some love.

I think it's important to keep in mind that we are talking about spiritual things here and that as believers we already have the treasure of Jesus and salvation.

This is a treasure greater than we will ever use and can never lose.

It is separate from anything we experience temporarily in the physical.

It is transformative.

It is powerful.

And if we share it, even with people that the standards of the world say we should hate and turn away from it does not take anything away from the overflowing amount we have. Nothing. We spiritually have nothing to lose sharing that love shown and given to us.

That doesn't mean it's easy to do or easily understood why we should do it, after all the bible tells us that Gods love is beyond understanding.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.   And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:18‭-‬19‭, ‬36 KJV

But the wrath of God abideth on him. Not love, pity and  forgiveness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

What it proved is this: that I must love satan or his children?  Those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me.

As i understand it, it means we cannot change people or the world,  we cannot change satan, but we can with the help of Gods Holy Spirit of God working in us and through his Word, guiding and teaching us, we can change how we react to people, by not reacting as the world and flesh do, but react more and more as how the  Holy Spirit of God teaches us how we should react.

Put on the whole Armor of God, Eph6, and employ what is of God to combat what is of the flesh and the world

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

There are laws & punishment in place in our society and that is a Godly order, that is on a different level then what the Bible is talking about.  

Sorry,  I saw this and stopped reading.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:17 KJV

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Ogner said:

Do you forgive any who does us wrong? 

What does that have to do with Jesus, law of Moses and Biblical teaching? 

Those are your words.

Ogner .     all of us at one time were all children of satan.   YEAH let it sink n a bit.    GOD offered mercy ogner,   now go and do likewise .

Cause we were all once under the powers of that wicked spirit , satan himself.

You headed down a road that will end very ugly if you don't stop holding onto hate .    hate is murder and will lead to that act.

It is so clearly seen Who truly follow Christ .   they will LOVE HIS sayings   .  

47 minutes ago, Ogner said:

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.   And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Ogner ..............................oh Ogner we know this .    and it is also written we should NOT desire the wicked to perish .   IF GOD don't , we don't .

And yes I know all who reject Christ will be damned and are under wrath.

6 hours ago, Ogner said:

Which kinds of enemies we must demonstrate love? Do you know whom Jesus is talking about?

Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love and forgive criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains ?  

All right, how about this one?

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matthew 5:22 KJV

What a wonderful example .    Jesus forgave the murderer on the cross,  he even prayed forgiveness for those who had put him on that cross.

FATHER FORGIVE THEM .     Stephen asked GOD to not lay that sin against those who stoned him .     Sounds like Stephen sure did know Christ .

We ARE to rebuke those n error .   WE are ,  we are to be grave and serious too.     And we are to forgive those who hate us and persecute us .

Those who refuse to repent stand before GOD , who alone is THE JUDGE of the LAW and HE alone is the only one who is worthy to be THE JUDGE .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

19 hours ago, Ogner said:

You have to keep in mind here that he is talking about the forgiveness that has been extended by the Son ......"he that believeth not" is a person that has not acknowledged the need for and the acceptance of forgiveness.

The question in the OP is does God love His enemies. God has extended his love and forgiveness to all, but not all will accept that, refusing it.

God does not send people to hell, hell is for sin and we are already destined to it because we are dead in our sin.  He has produced a ticket to heaven, to new life back into community with Him, for every single created being ....and offered it. To complete that process though, the gift has to be accepted or it cannot be used.

As sons of God, we are asked to do the same thing, to offer the gift of forgiveness, even if the gift is not accepted.

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What a wonderful example .    Jesus forgave the murderer on the cross,  he even prayed forgiveness for those who had put him on that cross.

FATHER FORGIVE THEM .     Stephen asked GOD to not lay that sin against those who stoned him .     Sounds like Stephen sure did know Christ .

We ARE to rebuke those n error .   WE are ,  we are to be grave and serious too.     And we are to forgive those who hate us and persecute us .

Those who refuse to repent stand before GOD , who alone is THE JUDGE of the LAW and HE alone is the only one who is worthy to be THE JUDGE .

You attention to situations in which Jesus and Stephen were killed by children of satan. 

What do you expect me to do about it now? Should I assume that's reason to love those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me? 

How do you feel when you see innocent people get killed? You feel  that you love murderers?

When innocent people get killed it's not reason to love their murderers. It's a question of who you have compassion for. 

Do you think that you must love murderers? Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love murderers? 

Jesus and Stephan did their utmost  to prove otherwise

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

19 hours ago, Ogner said:

Sorry,  I saw this and stopped reading.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:17 KJV

The law was a covenant, a contract. There are 2 ways a contract can be "finished/ terminated"

1) to break it....which the Israelite's did but God did not 

2) to fulfill it to completion.....which the Israelite's did not do but God did, incarnated as the man Jesus

When the Son of God (Jesus) fulfilled the law( Covenant) it's terms were deemed complete and Jesus (the Son of God) brought in the New Covenant that we read about in Jer. 31:31- 34

He may not have destroyed the law but He unlocked it's chains and it only serves to make those that have not accepted Gods forgiveness captive to their sin.  That includes born again Christians.