• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Ogner said:

To be victim and edure is not to know God. 

Jesus never taught this.

I think you are responding to this bible verse...

1Pe 2:20  What good does it do if, when you sin, you patiently receive punishment for it? But if you suffer for doing good and receive it patiently, you have God's approval. 

I think one of two things is happening between us. 

1. There is a language barrier

2. you have an idea in your head and you a trying to make the biblical text work within that 

Consider what you are saying here;

16 hours ago, Ogner said:

In Matthew 5:21,22 Jesus said: "who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says ‘Fool’ will be sent to fiery hell.".

You are saying that Jesus said this when he didn't...look at the different bible versions below, they are by all means not exhaustive . But we HAVE TO CONCLUDE that Jesus is not saying will be sent to hell but is saying  is in danger of  being sent to hell. These are 2 different things!!!

Matthew 5:22
(ABP+)  But IG1473 G1161 sayG3004 to you,G1473 thatG3754 allG3956 G3588 provoking to angerG3710 G3588 his brother,G80 G1473 in vain,G1500 shall be liableG1777 G1510.8.3 to theG3588 judgment.G2920 And whoG3739 G1161 everG302 should sayG2036 to G3588 his brother,G80 G1473 Worthless!G4469 shall be liableG1777 G1510.8.3 to theG3588 sanhedrin.G4892 And whoG3739 G1161 everG302 should sayG2036 O moron!G3474 shall be liableG1777 G1510.8.3 forG1519 theG3588 GehennaG1067 G3588 of fire.G4442
(ASV)  but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.
(BBE)  But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be in danger of being judged; and he who says to his brother, Raca, will be in danger from the Sanhedrin; and whoever says, You foolish one, will be in danger of the hell of fire.
(ISV)  But I say to you, anyone who is angry with his brother without a cause will be subject to punishment. And whoever says to his brother 'Raka!' will be subject to the Council. And whoever says 'You fool!' will be subject to hell fire.
(KJV)  But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
(KJV+)  ButG1161 IG1473 sayG3004 unto you,G5213 ThatG3754 whosoeverG3956 is angryG3710 with hisG848 brotherG80 without a causeG1500 shall beG2071 in dangerG1777 of theG3588 judgment:G2920 andG1161 whosoeverG3739 G302 shall sayG2036 to hisG848 brother,G80 Raca,G4469 shall beG2071 in dangerG1777 of theG3588 council:G4892 butG1161 whosoeverG3739 G302 shall say,G2036 Thou fool,G3474 shall beG2071 in dangerG1777 ofG1519 hellG1067 fire.G4442
(LITV)  But I say to you, Everyone who is angry with his brother without cause shall be liable to the Judgment. And whoever says to his brother, Raca, shall be liable to the sanhedrin; but whoever says, Fool! shall be liable to be thrown into the fire of Hell.
(WEB)  But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause will be in danger of the judgment; and whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ will be in danger of the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of Gehenna.
(YLT)  but I—I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

Clearly the idea of using these verses to say someone is going to hell is wrong and must be put to rest.

17 hours ago, Ogner said:

If you do not judge others, your heavenly Father will not be judge between you and your abuser.

Rom 12:17  Do not pay anyone back evil for evil, but focus your thoughts on what is right in the sight of all people.......

Rom 12:19  Do not take revenge, dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me. I will pay them back, declares the Lord." 

Heb 9:27  Indeed, just as people are destined to die once and after that to be judged, 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

7 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I think you are responding to this bible verse...

1Pe 2:20  What good does it do if, when you sin, you patiently receive punishment for it? But if you suffer for doing good and receive it patiently, you have God's approval. 

What it proved is this: that I must love satan or his children?  Those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me.

What do you mean?  Should I be grateful them that they want to hurt me?

You think this is what Peter was talking about?

3 hours ago, Ogner said:

What it proved is this: that I must love satan or his children?  Those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me.

What do you mean?  Should I be grateful them that they want to hurt me?

You think this is what Peter was talking about?

I think you are going to the extreme and it's ridiculous to suggest that I may be saying we should be grateful for persecution.

Do you not understand what Peter is saying or are you trying to say that my understanding of what Peter is saying is wrong?

I'm not trying to be challenging  or confrontational, I'm just not sure I understand the way you are writing...please don't be insulted.

12 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I think you are going to the extreme and it's ridiculous to suggest that I may be saying we should be grateful for persecution.

Do you not understand what Peter is saying or are you trying to say that my understanding of what Peter is saying is wrong?

I'm not trying to be challenging  or confrontational, I'm just not sure I understand the way you are writing...please don't be insulted.

Are you not trying to prove that I must love satan, his children and those who happy when can hurt me?

And are you not trying to say that if criminals want to take my shirt, I must hand over them coat as well? If I'm a victim of a crime I can't go to court?

And don't you think  I should be grateful them that they want to hurt me?

So, what are you trying to tell me? 

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

Are you not trying to prove that I must love satan, his children and those who happy when can hurt me?

Jesus said this;

Mat 5:43  "You have heard that it was said, 'You must love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. 
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, 

No to loving satan.. the bible shows us he will never repent, no amount of love will bring him to repentance

his children....should be defined....humans yes, .....,fallen angels, no because they are in the same boat as satan

IHeb 6:4  For it is impossible to keep on restoring to repentance time and again people who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have become partners with the Holy Spirit, 
Heb 6:5  who have tasted the goodness of God's word and the powers of the coming age, 
Heb 6:6  and who have fallen away, as long as they continue to crucify the Son of God to their own detriment by exposing him to public ridicule.

I'm sure if this is true for humans these verses can easily be applied to satan and his fallen angels who have been in the very presence of God.

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

And are you not trying to say that if criminals want to take my shirt, I must hand over them coat as well? If I'm a victim of a crime I can't go to court?

I'm not trying to say this, Our Lord did!

Mat 5:40  If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat as well. 

Just because our Lord said to do this doesn't mean it is easy. I'm not sure that there are exceptions to what he said either. 

I'm convinced that the reason for doing this is to start them on the path to a relationship with God....something we already have and are not going to lose over shirt and coat. This is something bigger and more important than my coat. It's a persons salvation and them living a new positive life.

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

If I'm a victim of a crime I can't go to court?

That's not what I'm saying at all and that's definitely not what the bible is saying. 

Mat 5:25  Come to terms quickly with your opponent while you are on the way to court, or your opponent may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison. 

This is another "in danger of " warning Jesus is giving.

You have to look at the intent "behind" the things Jesus is saying , towards the spiritual meanings....not just to the letter of the writing or the literal meaning...there is deep spiritual advice Jesus is giving here, but we have to have an open heart and spiritual "ears" that are willing to listen.

I think you are trying too hard to justify revenge and are looking for bible verses to prove it, but in light of God incarnate as Jesus and what He teaches in the new life God calls us to.....they're just not there.

Ogner, I don't blame you for feeling that way or feeling frustrated, it's a normal human reaction that I feel from time to time too but there is a reason Jesus tells us these things. Forgiveness plays a HUGE, HUGE part in being able to work this out. 

There's a saying..."Not forgiving is like taking poison and hoping for the other person to die"

21 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I'm not trying to say this, Our Lord did!

Mat 5:40  If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat as well

Do yoy think Jesus in Mat 5:40 say "If criminals wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat as well"?

It means,  criminals can sue a victim of a crime. And if criminals want to take his shirt, he must hand over them coat as well. And  a victim should be grateful them that they want to hurt

Do you think Jesus could taught us something like this?

18 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

That's not what I'm saying at all and that's definitely not what the bible is saying. 

Mat 5:25  Come to terms quickly with your opponent while you are on the way to court, or your opponent may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison. 

This is another "in danger of " warning Jesus is giving.

You have to look at the intent "behind" the things Jesus is saying , towards the spiritual meanings....not just to the letter of the writing or the literal meaning...there is deep spiritual advice Jesus is giving here, but we have to have an open heart and spiritual "ears" that are willing to listen.

I think you are trying too hard to justify revenge and are looking for bible verses to prove it, but in light of God incarnate as Jesus and what He teaches in the new life God calls us to.....they're just not there.

Ogner, I don't blame you for feeling that way or feeling frustrated, it's a normal human reaction that I feel from time to time too but there is a reason Jesus tells us these things. Forgiveness plays a HUGE, HUGE part in being able to work this out. 

There's a saying..."Not forgiving is like taking poison and hoping for the other person to die"

Do you really need to be getting personal here?

Do you think in Mat 5:25 Jesus say to a victim of a crime: "Come to terms quickly with criminals while you are on the way to court, or criminals may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison." ??

You understand that, don't you?