• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Zola Levitt shared the following little opening awakener at the beginning of his talks about "Israel's Claim To The Land" that he presented to  a local body of Christ Jesus. It has stuck with me for these years now.

After his introduction by an elder he stood up to explain some background about himself, before going into Irsrael's right to the land. So that all would know, he opened with,  " A deacon about to introduce me once leaned over toward me and asked," Just what do they call your people anyway?"  He said in response, "They used to call us Christians."

They used to call us Christians- Yes Jews are Christians when each individually come to know Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior. How novel an idea. The first Christians who were they if they were not mostly Jews?  Who did Jesus talk to if not the Jews? What basis would there be for Christ's sacrifice if it were not for the choosing by God to have the Jew be His chosen people? And chosen toward what? For what? Is not the standing and the heritage of the nation of Israel needed for the fulfilment of the Law in Jesus? 

What treasure, to find that in Christ  we are neither Jew nor Gentile any longer, not separated out one from another, but instead joined as one, each of Christ Jesus. 

We have no understanding of the sacrifice made by Jesus if we have no knowledge of the sacrifices of blood and of bulls. We merely drift on the tides  of current emotions, much as jelly fish,  going this way and that  in our freedoms. That  is not such a good thing. It is best to know that which Jesus has fulfilled rather than just hearing Jesus fulfilled prophecy. To read that Jesus is the first fruit of many to come and not know what firstfruits is or means is to be without that anchor that makes sense of  and steadies the course for our faith.

It is said often enough, to tell the story of Christ  start with John, explain the gospel. Well I say no, explain to an unknowing world the history of the nation Israel, of God's chosen and tell of  fulfillment of God's promise in Jesus. Tell of the high privilege  each that is called out by the Holy Spirt has received. Do not look upon separation of Jew and Gentile, but instead of inclusion. Grasp the message of being grafted onto a root so that each  might flourish in the manner never to be possible without the root stock.

The Red Thread of redemption, the saving grace of Jesus is found from the beginning to the end of scripture, as well as in all of creation itself.  Cry out that the Lord has come! and He will come yet again, to gather his own to Him and the Father. May each hear the call by the Holy Spirit and repent of their own  sin against God by embracing  Jesus who is God and has paid the price of that sin by conquering it.  

Know that Jesus is the passover lamb, do not forget passover, instead know it. Rejoice in that knowledge, give thanks to God for it, and then rejoice in resurrection Sunday and  of the ascension that soon followed as Jesus the first fruit of many to come showed the way.

He is the way the truth and the life. 

John 14:6 English Standard Version (ESV)  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  

We are one in Christ Jesus! They call us Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

We are one in Christ Jesus! They call us Christians.

By this we are all Jews.

Romans chapter 4

16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[c] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

While I concur with the message of Romans, I don't  necessarily reach the conclusion  that "by this we are all Jews".

(Reference Galatians)