• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Butero said:

I don't know how many times it crowed.  It doesn't say.  It only mentions specific instances that triggered Peter to remember the words of the Lord, but it doesn't say. 

In one Gospel, it says it crowed twice, and that Jesus said it would crow twice before Peter denied him three times. In the others, it said it crowed, and that Jesus said it would crow before Peter denied him three times.

They contradict if taken literally. But I don't. I believe the message to Peter was that Jesus said he was going to deny him shortly, and he did. And the crowing rooster was his wake-up to what Jesus said. It's not important how many times the rooster crowed and the number of crows is not the point.

Frankly, I think the bible is, quite often, like Yogi Bara, when talking about a certain restaurant, and saying, "Nobody goes there any more because it's too crowded."

His enemies say he's an idiot. His friends understand exactly what he is saying. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, Butero said:

There is a bigger issue, and that is the issue of a closed canon.  If the canon is closed, you cannot remove anything that was considered canon, and you cannot discredit anything that was considered canon, like Mark 16:9-20 or 1 John 5:7.  The moment you do that, you have re-opened the canon for debate.  I couldn't care less about what they have to say at Got Questions.  What I am saying is a fact.  Anyone with most modern translations can see what I am saying is true.  

you ignore a great deal of scholarship under some paranoia you have self induced …  

9 minutes ago, Butero said:

What paranoia?  What I said is a fact.  If you believe the modern English translations that leave out portions of the established text is fine, you believe in an open canon.  

Your reasoning is skewed so further on this would be foolish...

12 hours ago, Butero said:

You can't defeat what I said, so you must pretend that continuing would not be worthwhile.  In reality, it wouldn't be, because there is no argument you can come up with to justify altering a so-called closed canon.  

There's nothing to defeat... you are on the third step away from God's original intent of writing and claiming it is original intent. That is why I said your reasoning is skewed because it doesn't line up with evidence presented. All fundamental doctrine has original writing inerrancy in their statement of faith... why because that's what God presented to man as His Word and to vary any at all from that point is obviously away from original intent! The worse thing revealed about yourself in the above statement is: it will take repentance for you to see the truth of this... your convoluted closed canon thoughts are self defeating for the canon of Scripture was closed in the Greek writing of Revelation.