• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

There is a daily battle we must face every day and every night for as long as we live. We must fight the flesh and not let it win, waging war between the lines of what is right, good and holy, and what is  wrong, bad, and evil.

By the Spirit of the Holy Living God, we have the Spirit's power within us if we are a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.  He gives us the ability to say "No," and resist the urges of the flesh as we submit to the Word of God.

titus-2-11-12.jpg

Yet, in those weak times if we don't look to God, we will fall into sin.  The devil knows our weakness and will try to put condemnation in our hearts if we cave in and gratify the flesh. He knows us all too well.  We have to be vigilant of His schemes and not play in his court.

You do not have to give in each time sin knocks at the door of your mind. It's really not sin to be "tempted" by the devil...temptation is not the sin and God does not tempt us with the evils of sin.  It is when you let down your guard and give in to the works of the flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21 says that "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Yes the devil tries to win us over by catering to the flesh and even to our feelings.   The grace of God says we don't have to wallow in sin, but can say no.  God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation’s available for everyone! We’re being shown how to turn our backs(SAY NO) on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness. Titus 2:11-14

say-no-to-every-sin.png

Galatians 5 22:24 says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

what does it mean to walk in the Spirit.  Your Spirit is your sanctified, regenerated soul intertwined with  the Holy Spirit....Walking in the Spirit is taking up the victory over the flesh and the devil!!  It is walking it out in Your Spiritman.  It is our way of escape.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

The one fruit we often don't discuss is self-control.  Controlling your "self", when weak in the flesh is a fruit of the Spirit!! We need to allow the Holy Spirit to invade our way of thinking. The scriptures do say that we have the mind of Christ.  well why are we allowing sin to win?? Its okay to have self control, because it is the Spirit that is willing to take you that extra miles, and its the flesh that is weak to the fiery temptations of the flesh!!!

We must take the shield of faith to quench the fiery darts of the evil one. if we dont suit up in God's armor, we dont stand a chance against the devil...Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:13

SAYNOTOSIN.jpg

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

This is why the early church was so grave against sin and error .    They knew lust could choke the word right out of one .

They knew and thus were fast to correct.   they never ever taught things that made sin seem light .   in the case of error

they were very fast to keep the church reminded to obey the Spirit , to learn to walk as HE did by the Spirit .

They were fast if leaven crept in to correct with the pattern JESUS had set .

They warned against sin and pointed to the ONE who Has all power and is able to give us a way out of every temptation.  

I never once heard the apostels make light of sin , saying things like GOD understands our hearts and knows we cant stop.

All I ever heard was what JESUS first taught  Go and sin no more , or words to that effect like this ,  LET all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity

or let not even these things be once named among you as becometh saints

they pointed to Christ , to the SPIRIT ,    if you walk after the spirit you shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

they showed people truth, they did not allow them to feel saved while in darkness .  They did not make light of error , they were serious .

And their examples are wonderful for us .    Not only that ,  but I leave us with this last example

from God himself to the seven churches.   DID God say hey I understand your error ,  oh just try and do a lil better.  NO WAY

it was CEASE THIS .   He listed all the good things they did , but whatever evil was being done , HE said REPENT or else .

We got to get serious and grave again .   We have to warn if we see error and we have to keep exhorting lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Pointing to JESUS as the means , the one who gives us power to over come the evils .    And you are correct , its not us sinning IF a bad thought pops into our head

ITS IF WE CHOOSE TO ENTERTAIN it and obey it that becomes sin .    Let us fight the good fight by the POWER of HE who is within us and He has not

abandoned us to the wiles of the flesh , HE has given us HIS SPIRIT by which if we walk and obey we wont fulfill those desires OF the flesh.

IF any does err , CORRECT them fast and prayerfully they repent and are restored .   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

In our fallen nature we have an inclination to be as gods, puffed with pride, lording over others even God. That is pride, that is flesh.

Walking in the Spirit our heart's cry should be...

Luke 22:42 NKJV
[42] saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

Sorry, but are you saying that pursuing the fruits of the Holy Spirit and encourage other brothers to do so is pride?!

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him,
    bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

If you think so, you are sadly mistaken.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
    You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:15-16

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit." - Matthew 12:33

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Does the Holy Spirit lead one to lord over others, even God, or is it pride?

If you want to fight against the fruits of the Spirit, I do not judge you. I am friend to those who want to love Him.

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." - John 15:14

If you do not love the fruits of the Spirit, then we cannot be friends as we will keep fighting every time.

"But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
        But gives grace to the humble.”" - James 4:6

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

In our fallen nature we have an inclination to be as gods, puffed with pride, lording over others even lording over God. That is pride, that is the flesh.

Walking in the Spirit, our heart's cry should be...

Luke 22:42 NKJV
[42] saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

in our fallen nature indeed man is vile , wicked, prideful ,  arrogant .     But in the new man which is the spirit of Christ within

we know warn and are grave and compassionate and merciful because we love the peoples . 

Good example of fallen nature is the Pharisees who though they warned sought the preeminence   from men

Good example of the risen nature in Christ ,  they too warned , very grave ,  but out of love and desired not the preeminence from men

Warning is a good thing , instructing is a good thing ,  being grave is a good thing .   But let none of this be done for the pats on the back of men.

What a wonderful reminder yowm.    It might have helped if you had said whether you agree with the mans post or not though.

People can take this to mean you think he is or maybe you just reminding .    The fact I seen no thumbs up or anything on the post ,  makes it hard to discern

Me ,   I don't desire men to praise me .   I just remind out of love for others .    You be blessed now yowm.    throw a praise of joy from the heart unto the Lord . 

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Well, if you insist on jumping to false conclusions, I guess there is no means of communication.

Just remember, they are ‘fruits’ of the Spirit (something God produces in us), not ‘works’ of our spirit :)

I’m sorry you continually see me as someone against holiness. I’m not. It’s just not something you can push on others, it is essentially God’s work through the HOLY Spirit.

I’m sorry you continually see me as someone against holiness. I’m not. It’s just not something you can push on others

THEIR IT IS .    and now this can be solved asap .     You seeing exhortations as PUSHING it on others ,  when really its just reminding about our walk.

And I don't think you against holiness.    

I would answer and say Four LD don't think you against holiness,  but he can speak for himself on that matter.

But this is it in a nutshell.    People think when some of us exhort its pushing it on others, when really its just reminders .   

I really think this can be solved asap fast .    

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

As of this writing others who have posted gave no thumbs up except you. I'm sure the OP doesn't thrive off the approval of man. I will thumbs up when I see fit...it is more meaningful that way than to thumbs up a person and then turn around and subtly correct them. I only thumbs up when I agree with all, not just some. I agreed with most of the OP, not all.

Pray about this yowm.    You just said you don't agree with all he said , which is fine .    But if you see error correct it we should .

As for the thumbs up I agree.    I mean if I was in error I would want it pointed out ,  even if the person was just misunderstanding what I was saying .  Either way

it could get fixed.   Just pray on it .    You know I loves ya yowm.    I truly believe this could be fixed fast too.   

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Are you 4LDs parent or older brother as you keep stepping in and 'pushing' your opinion on the matter? Perhaps you were convicted on the matter of 'pushing' or 'lording over' others ?

It's not it in a nutshell at all, as I can produce many statements that are clearly demeaning, condescending and puffed up that you call 'reminders'. 

Honestly I was just wanting all this strife put behind you all.   Things get misunderstood is all.  

Just now, Yowm said:

Sure it can be fixed, but I'd rather speak to him directly and not you as intermediary.

Okay.        Well on that note ,    FORWARD MARCH PEOPLES and lift up those hands and praise the LORD .     

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

I apologize, I didn't mean to cause debate or desension with my post. My intent is to inspire and encourage others through my writing. I fed led to write this post as it is in my blog and desired to share it with others. Many others had read the post without retaliation. I am a Spirit-filled believer. That doesn't make me perfect, it just means that I desire the Holy Spirit to move in my life, and to display His fruit and to mature in Who God has called me to be and not to be ruled by the flesh.

Again, I deeply apologize for causing any distress.

• Praise God! 1