Spiritual demon attack

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So Goodmorning beothers and sisters , i decide tonopen an account here since i am not a memeber of a church but i consider myself a christian, i recently started gettling closer and closer to our lord jesus christ and i stopped my sinful ways and i have been resisting the devil, and lately ive felt attacked by him, i developed a disease and two days ago i was sleeping when i woked up to a loud diabloical roar in my room my two babies were asleep with my husband but i guess i was the only one aware of it. The second night i was in sleep paralysis and i saw i black shadow next to my bed wanting to pull me to itself, it wanted to drag me out of the bedand i couldnt scream and i wanted to say jesus help me but i couldnt and when i finally could that thing just left and i woked up to reality  which seemed like a real dream. Im scared i dont know if getting closer to god is attracting all this things.

• Praying! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Light,

Welcome to WCF!  :)

We face an adversary as the Bible describes as an roaring lion in 1 Peter and he will try to do all that he can to stop you in your walk.  But let me show you a tidbit here ...

1Pe 5:8  Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 
1Pe 5:9  Withstand him steadfast in your faith, knowing that your brothers who are in the world are undergoing the same sufferings. 
1Pe 5:10  But may the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 

Notice that the devil attacks, but for a little while, that the attacks will be used by God to perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you!

You have authority in His Name, and don't be afraid to use that authority.  Remember the battle was already won 2000 years ago ... now will you claim the victory?

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Light1414,  The reply from George to you was so good.  I hope you will reread those Scriptures many times.

Many years ago I experienced attacks much like you have described.  Jesus helped me through it.   I'll just try to type what comes to mind.    Satan is doing these attacks -- 'he knoweth that he hath but a short time.'   Another is 'The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them who fear Him.'   The words of Psalm 91 are so wonderful.   Many soldiers in the Gulf War of 1991 memorized the 16 verses.   I am old and find it harder to memorize, and it took me months, but I memorized it, and for you comes to mind especially the words about how we believers are under the shadow of God Almighty, and how He shall cover thee with His feathers, and how He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways, and how you will tread upon the lion and the adder and the young lion and the dragon.   I pray now that the Lord will give you comfort and assurance of His protection and love for you.   I pray that He will bring to mind everything you need to rest in Him, to serve Him, and to be able to praise Him at all times!  The enemy cannot stand to be around praise to our Lord! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

41 minutes ago, Light1414 said:

I recently started gettling closer and closer to our Lord Jesus Christ and I stopped my sinful ways and I have been resisting the devil, and lately I've felt attacked by him... I'm scared. I don't know if getting closer to God is attracting all these things.

The Lord is now allowing these things to happen in your life to reveal to you that the faith you are rededicating yourself to is indeed real, as is the spiritual war that the written word of God talks about. :thumbsup: He is now granting you an understanding of how real your spiritual enemy is, so that you can begin to arm yourself with spiritual strength against Him.

As other posters have already stated, you have authority in Christ, so the Lord apparently now wants to see you move into that authority, and walk closer than ever to Him now.

God bless, and welcome to Worthy Christian Forums!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome! I'd recommend posting in the prayer forum as soon as you're able to, many people there who will pray for strength and deliverance for you!