Sign in to follow this  
angels4u

What is the NET Bible all about?

All of this is news to me so I decided to check out the NET bible for myself on biblegateway.com. I compared the NET's 23rd Psalm alongside the NASB. I did this with other verses but seeing how it's easy to do yourself at biblegateway, I didn't see the point in sharing more than the first comparison. :)

I'm not a scholar but based upon what I've read, the NET bible seems fine... but prepare yourself for the footnotes. Elaborate! This bible (in print) must be thick! :emot-eek:

Edited by DustyRoad

According to Amazon.com (I'm looking at a printed NET bible right now), this bible contains 60,932 translators' notes. With a 9.5 typeface font old, tired eyes would need a magnifying glass to read it. :wacko:

On the other hand, while I've been plumbing the internet for more information I'm noticing the raving reviews this translation has been receiving on account of those translators' notes which make it an excellent study bible. My advice?

Since the NET can be downloaded for free (and you can use websites like biblegateway.com freely) I'd recommend using a digital version for those like yours truly who wear bifocals. Eh? What did you say, sonny? Speak up son, your font's too small! :fryingpan:

Edited by DustyRoad
  • Haha 1

Yeah, its true that sounds small but I would like something in print.

They have a larger print version but it doesn't include all the notes just some.

Maybe I should do a version to print somehow :) 

Sign in to follow this