LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On a good note. The over the top zealous challenge my believes and force me to research stuff to back up what I believe. Even if in the end they refuse to accept the facts of thing. 

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, LadyKay said:

I feel I am having so many butting head issue on here because no one seems to want to learn anything. It is like you know your right about some topic. You post that topic on a discussion bored which means people are open to discussing it, but there seems to be no room for discussing. The poster knows they are right in all that they say about the topic and is only posting the topic so that other people join in with agreement with them.  This is not how I think  a discussion bored should be. Thus I think the reason why I have so many issues with other posters at times. No one is listing to anyone else and no one ever considers that maybe they are wrong in their thinking. They just say "this is how it is end of story good bye!" I mean what is the point of all of that? I post topics not because I think I am 100% right, but because I think I could be right, but I want to run this by some other people and see what they have to say about. If they can show me I am mistaken in my thinking then I consider that. But so many topic posted on here are just "I am right and if you disagree with me you disagree with God" type of post. It is like trying to debate the Sunday morning sermon with the pastor while he is preaching it.

Dose anyone else see this going on here? Maybe it is just me? Maybe I need to take some more time off?  

Can you give examples of times where you came into a discussion knowing in your heart a certain matter was settled, and then changed your mind later on?  I have been in some topics where I admitted I wasn't sure about something, and wanted feedback, but at other times, I was convinced of my position coming in, and likely wasn't going to be moved.  I think what you are describing is a settled matter verses a matter we are not sure about.  

Just to give you an example, I have seen several threads where you have defended the NIV.  Do you really come into those threads with an open mind to the point where you could see yourself turning away from the NIV based on anything anyone would say?  Do you go into threads about President Trump with the possibility that you might come out thinking he is really a pretty good President after all, or do you already have your mind made up you don't like him?  

I can tell you this, whether anyone believes it or not.  If someone can frame an argument where I can clearly see I was wrong about something, even something that was settled in my mind, I will consider what they said, and I can give specific examples.  They weren't minor things either.

1.  Women pastors.  I used to be 100 percent against them, until after a debate, where I was forced to acknowledge that a Bishop and Pastor are         not one and the same, so if a woman is fulfilling the office of Pastor and not Bishop, she is Biblically qualified.  It was a lady who went by             Firehill  I was debating at the time.  That change wasn't easy, because we were really into a heated discussion.

2.  The Rapture.  I used to be convinced the rapture must occur immediately before the great tribulation begins, as happens in the movies, but            someone pointed out it could happen any day.  The Bible never says it must be the moment before the 7 year tribulation starts.  It could be 20        or 30 years earlier.  That matters because you can't go by signs of the second coming to determine the date of the rapture.

3.  Age of Accountability.  I used to believe in one, but was shown it is not a Biblical concept.  Children of Christians are sanctified by their                  parents.  

4.  The Bride of Christ.  I used to think it was the church, till I was shown it was the Holy City, New Jerusalem.  

5.  Bible Translations.  I used to be equally opposed to all but the KJV Bible, until Ayin Jade mentioned that the NKJV Bible used the T.R. as it's            basis.  Rather than write that off, I looked into it, and found she was right, so I softened my opposition to it, though I personally am KJV only. 

I am sure if I took the time, I could come up with other examples where people won me over to one degree or another through debates here at Worthy Christian Forums or in church, and over major things, but those are some examples.  I have spent time considering the possibility there is no rapture, but I still find that doctrine in the Bible.  I don't see the "rapture," mentioned, but I do see where we are caught up, which is the same thing, and I see where the Bible states we should watch and pray always that we would be accounted worthy to escape the things to come upon the earth.  That to me indicates there is a way of escape for some.  I have considered soul sleep, and found it unbiblical.  I have considered annihilation rather than sinners being tormented forever, and found that untrue.  I have considered the RCC and it's doctrines, and found they are completely false.  I have considered that our Bible might be incomplete, and found that baseless.  I even spent time reading the Book of Mormon, and considering it, but found it to be a work of fiction dreamed up by a false prophet, Joseph Smith.  Even in controversial matters, I am more open minded than some might think, but once my mind is made up, and a matter is settled, it is for the most part settled, unless I see a lot of evidence I am wrong. 

No offense to you LadyKay, but I don't see you any different than the rest of us.  I think you have areas that are settled and other areas that are not.  You appear open minded on some things, and close minded on others.  Am I wrong in thinking that?  Is it possible that you could be won over to the KJV only camp and become a Donald Trump supporter?  

Guest Butero
12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

On a good note. The over the top zealous challenge my believes and force me to research stuff to back up what I believe. Even if in the end they refuse to accept the facts of thing. 

Look at what you are saying.  You are researching things to back up what you already believe.  Perhaps others see you as the "over the top zealous" person that refuses to accept the facts.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Remember it's God who opens peoples eyes. Sometimes it may feel like you're talking to a wall but later on that person may think back to that conversation and change their views. (Even years or decades later).

Never let someone discourage you from spreading or discussing the Gospel.  

Edited by Ralfy

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,638
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

It's not about whether a person is wrong or right but about how you go about presenting the truth as you understand it. I don't like being manipulated into believing something.  If I don't agree with you, don't twist my arm until I do. Present your case and allow me to decide. 

Im sorry, I know I should be more open but my experiences in forums have led me not to easily trust them where doctrinal matters is concerned.  I rather trust those who are close to me. So mostly I look for conversations that happen to interest me and I add my bit. This is also the reason I take lengthy breaks from this or any other forum. Sometimes it's just adding to the noise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Butero said:

Look at what you are saying.  You are researching things to back up what you already believe.  Perhaps others see you as the "over the top zealous" person that refuses to accept the facts.  

Oh I don't think I have ever been someone who did not accept the facts. Yeah I look stuff up to back up what I say on here. As it seems everyone wants me to show proof of everything I say on here. So yeah, I research stuff. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Butero said:

Here's a pattern I've seen on this forum and others:

1. An idea, situation, or belief is presented with scripture and at times other information (commentary, other scripture, translation details) to support it

2. A response is added saying effectively "Scripture says this.  You're wrong"

3. The original source or perhaps someone else adds a question such as this: "The original translation is based on this word which could mean these three things.  Depending on the bible version, the meaning and how it's applied is different.  Which meaning and application is correct?"  

4. The next response is generally a personal attack on the original source.  "You keep twisting scripture.  The Word is perfect.  You are evil and trying to make us sin."

5. At times, the attack also attempts (and frequently succeeds) in dragging the discussion into a side argument involving unrelated topics.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Oh I don't think I have ever been someone who did not accept the facts. Yeah I look stuff up to back up what I say on here. As it seems everyone wants me to show proof of everything I say on here. So yeah, I research stuff. 

Just about everyone does that.  We all "research stuff."  That doesn't mean that everyone automatically accepts what we said based on our research.  For example, I have researched the Bible translation issue for going back to the 80s, when I first noticed serious changes being made to the text, but does that mean you have accepted my conclusions and become KJV only, or at least accepted that among the modern English translations, they are all bad, and all leave out portions of the established canon except for the NKJV Bible?  It does get frustrating when we spend so much time looking into something, and everyone doesn't see it like we do, but I don't see how you are any different than the rest of us.

Boy this KJV vs NIV is taking over every thread on this forum. :blow-up:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01