• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

I've heard that we must wait on God to tell us what to do before we launch out to do whatever it is God wants us to do. Others have said something like "You can't steer a parked car." What say you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

16 minutes ago, Berean said:

What say you?

What do you want?! What do you need?!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
    For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

"For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance;
    but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him." - Matthew 13:12

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

I'd rather not say just yet if at all because it may be made light of.

6 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

What do you want?! What do you need?!

I'd rather not say just yet if at all because it may be made light of.

Edited by Berean

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

36 minutes ago, Berean said:

I've heard that we must wait on God to tell us what to do before we launch out to do whatever it is God wants us to do. Others have said something like "You can't steer a parked car." What say you?

It sounds more like they are talking about something they want to do, and are waiting for God's approval on it to me.  I guess I would need an example of what you mean.  What comes to mind for me would be like, feeling led to witness to someone.  That is not something to wait on, it would seem to me if God wants you to do something He would make it clear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

3 hours ago, Berean said:

Not sure what you are waiting on Him for, but I relate this discussion to something I seek after greatly which is spiritual gifts. There is a Christian movement which has gained popularity in the last 10 years or so that teaches all believers should just "step out in faith" and begin laying hands on the sick and administering "healing." While some minor healings do appear to occur, most of it is obviously just hype. And I don't see the healing gift as something every believer receives (1 Corinthians 12:28), and even with those who are called to it I think it is something that one waits on God's timing for, so as not to enter into temptation or handle the gift irresponsibly.

That having been said, I think the principle of waiting on God is a wise rule to live by. The number of horror stories that have resulted from believers NOT doing so are too numerous to count, especially regarding things like marrying the wrong person.

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 3/30/2018 at 9:02 AM, Berean said:

Hi Brother Berean, I suspect that you’re speaking of something personal you may desire to purchase, other than some biblical mission you may want to enter. To me, if it’s God’s mission for you, you may be confronted with opportunity, and as the angel (messenger) of God provide help in someone’s time of need. That is according to God’s word that we love one another.

1Co 10:23  All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. As to some things in my life I have to weigh in the balances of eternity who may be attempting to lead me at the moment.

Don’t really know if that’s what you’re seeking, but I wanted you to have more responses to consider.  Blessings in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

On 3/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, Berean said:

I think my answer would be different today than before. You most certainly do have to wait on God sometimes, and the answer is because He has to line things up in His timing. I have encountered situations now where you basically CAN'T steer the car. The thing won't even budge. You just have to sit there, parked, waiting for thing to turn over and move... it's infuriating, but the way things are sometimes. God calls you to obedience and patience; to just sit there until the time comes.

9 hours ago, Larry 2 said:

Hi Brother Berean, I suspect that you’re speaking of something personal you may desire to purchase...

Nope.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,087
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is already a huge list of what God's will is for our lives... as we engage with the obedience, sensed as love back toward God, He directs in His pleasure of His will to be done! I do not find the need for God to reveal ahead of time but by a moment by moment aspect of His presence with me as I walk in His Light (Word)... As this walk has progressed with me I find in precious times where I, that born first, was not but only the love in the doing... which made my soul hungry for promise of a place where sin is no longer and in fact has never been!!! Surely all who have had this will say 

Rev 22:20-21
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
KJV