IGNORED

If a Christian commits suicide, he/she goes to the Heaven?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!! Yesterday while I was meditating about the Gospel in Mathew 26-26 I just thought to myself: Jesus called Judas by Friend, after he betrayed Him. This means that Jesus forgot the sin from Judas. However, he killed himself because he couldn't accept the guilty. This made me think about those christian people who commit suicide... Do they receive the forgiveness of the Father? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Diva Couto said:

Hi!! Yesterday while I was meditating about the Gospel in Mathew 26-26 I just thought to myself: Jesus called Judas by Friend, after he betrayed Him. This means that Jesus forgot the sin from Judas. However, he killed himself because he couldn't accept the guilty. This made me think about those christian people who commit suicide... Do they receive the forgiveness of the Father? 

And none of them is lost save the Son of perdtion.    Jesus said that bout judas.    judas was not forgiven .

As for suicide ,   lets not sin willfully .  thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God .   Be blessed and yes PRAISE THE LORD .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Suicide is a terrible thing.  It leaves so many behind who are scarred for life.  I know that some are truly convinced that their families would be better off without them and that some are in terrible and blinding pain.  I cannot judge these but only pray.

The only sin that sends you to hell is the rejection of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.  That, however, does not give people license or permission to kill themselves.  It does not give people the license to sin period.

Some say suicide does send you to hell because you can't ask God to forgive you for it.  But we ALL die with unconfessed sin in our lives.  No one dies have confessed every sin they've committed.  The Christian is welcomed by God.  But what a sad homecoming and what a terrible thing to leave the people left behind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for your answer. You are right when you say: "No one dies have confessed every sin they've committed". I grown up in a Catholic education (now I am not anymore) and for me the idea of suicide was always something that take you directly to the hell. But now I start thinking in another way... 

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Welcome to Worthy Diva.

I believe when Jesus died on the cross, He died for all the sins, past, present and future of all those who receive Him as Savior. I suppose that would apply to Christians who commit suicide, but I wouldn't tempt the Lord in that manner.

Thank you for your answer! :)

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And none of them is lost save the Son of perdtion.    Jesus said that bout judas.    judas was not forgiven .

As for suicide ,   lets not sin willfully .  thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God .   Be blessed and yes PRAISE THE LORD .  

I don't know if Judas was not forgiven... Jesus called him "Friend" after the betrayal... 

Guest Butero

I do not believe a person who commits suicide goes to heaven.  I do not believe that when a person gets saved, all their sins past, present and future are automatically covered by the blood, only those sins from the past.  When a person commits willful, or pre-meditated sins after getting saved, that creates new stain on their spiritual garments, and they must confess those sins to get right with God again.  If someone commits suicide, confession is not possible, so they cannot be saved.  

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, and unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the  Lord.  And again, The Lord shall judge his people.  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  Hebrews 10:26-31

In Old Testament times, rather than calling them willful sins, it refers to them as presumptuous sins, and God has always made a distinction between sins done in error or without pre-meditation and those done on purpose, even though some claim all sins are pre-meditated to defend false doctrine.  

But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD:  and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.  Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.  Numbers 15:30,31

If all sins were done willfully or presumptuously, God would make a distinction in his Word.  To commit suicide is to commit a willful sin as a last act, with no opportunity to confess that sin and have it washed away by the blood of Jesus, which is how we remain in right standing with God under the New Covenant, as opposed to making animal sacrifices as they did in Old Testament times.  

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

The only sin a person can commit that is unpardonable is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  If anyone commits that sin, there is no forgiveness in this life or in the next, so it is not that suicide couldn't be forgiven if confession were possible.  It is unpardonable because it would require confession and true repentance.  Yes, it is possible to be saved and have your name removed from the Book of Life.  

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white rainment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.  Revelation 3:5

Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.  Exodus 32:33

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It is a tragic thing, suicide. Don't ask me why, but i've watched more than a few videos of people committing suicide. A young girl hanging herself, a man blowing his brains out, the sickening sound the body makes as it slams into the pavement... It really makes you wonder what kind of dark place they had to be in to do such a thing, not just to their loved ones but to themselves. Watching that stuff makes my hairs stand up, makes my stomach churl... Again, don't ask, those kinds of videos are just things i've looked into before. I'd like to believe that it depends on a person's reason for seeing themselves out, but it really isn't up to me at the end of the day. Most things point to suicide as a means of denying God's gift of life and a fairly straightforward way to damnation. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/31/2018 at 5:27 PM, Diva Couto said:

Thank you for your courage to ask dificult questions. 

Ofen to tell the truth can be led to accusation of promoting suicide. 

The opposite will be to say " suicide is unforgivable to make the would be think twice, and creating senarios that even to question can lead to excommunication. 

Many believe they have a duty to protect others from themselves at any cost, even within the concept that "the end justifies the means", 

The Gospel is not about sins, or to sin or not to sin. 

That also, I do not promote sinning. 

The Gospel is also about something grater. 

It is that we have the eternal life. 

The first Adam had the life of God depending on his own obedience, and with the first disobedience he lost the life and from the life inheritance he moved to the death inheritance. 

In Jesus Christ we have the life of God in Jesus CHRIST.

Jesus was born with the life if God, and he die and raised from the dead with the life of God.

When he was on earth he could disobey the Heavenly Father, or to say it better he could have been tempted to avoid the cross and obey and follow the leading of Satan in the dessert, and fell like the first Adam but he did not. 

After the resurection Jesus cannot sin , or disobey God, he will remain in the life forever.

So that's why he is the eternal life, and that's why we have the eternal life in him.

That means when we sin we are still in him, we are still in the eternal life, we sin but he is not.

As he is we are. We are under his blood , we are his adopted children , by his blood and by his Life. We are parttakers of his SPIRIT. IN HIS NAME, BECAUSE WE BELIEVE.

so we bever should be afraid of death, because whether we live, even if we are on our own mode of living or die we are his.

We remain in him all the time, we do not go out of his blood and come back under it after we repent and confess, of course not,  we remain in him always.

If not we will have to move from the life to death and for death to life again.

we have the eternal life , even if we do disobedience we still remain in the eternal life, 

We have Jesus CHRIST. 

Hope that you can answer your own question. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Sampson committed suicide, yet is considered “ a hero of faith”. It appears God took his faith and counted it as righteousness.Thats the same thing He did for me.....and YOU if you have faith.Plus nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1