• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1981

Shalom!

I am wondering about what we call Easter. In the past it was referring to an Anglo Saxon or a Viking god named so. Nowadays it has become the modern Passover. Then aren`t we celebrate easter? what happened so that we changed Passover into Eater? Over years and centuries there were many mistakes that falsified or compromised our faith. I am still wondering if we should celebrate Easter or the Passsover.

God bless everyone through Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus the Messiah) . Amen!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi and a late welcome,

Well, I am in awe of the love that sacrificed life for me that I may live eternally with God the Father, and I celebrate Resurrection Day among  a few special memorials, remembrances, each year.

I cannot worry myself over other rites and memorials that may or may not coincide with the special memorial remembrances I celebrate, no matter which one's they are throughout the calendar year.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It's pretty much the church. They created and morphed Christian holidays to include paganistic practices in order to try and convince pagans to come to Christianity, and yes, this includes Christmas.

It comes down to the individual. Many people celebrate Easter/Passover and Christmas whilst avoiding said practices and instead focusing wholly on the Christian concept. Others like myself don't see such holidays in scripture (aimed at Christians, at least), and for us, there isn't a day more special than the other, a day set aside for prayer, for every day is prayer. So long as one avoids those pagan practices that have been intertwined, I think it should be fine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, chang said:

Shalom!

I am wondering about what we call Easter. In the past it was referring to an Anglo Saxon or a Viking god named so. Nowadays it has become the modern Passover. Then aren`t we celebrate easter? what happened so that we changed Passover into Eater? Over years and centuries there were many mistakes that falsified or compromised our faith. I am still wondering if we should celebrate Easter or the Passsover.

God bless everyone through Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus the Messiah) . Amen!

I do not celebrate Easter..

Jesus was executed on the day of Passover and was raised from the dead 3 days later..  Easter is a pagan festival that was ""taken over"" by the catholic religion.. The religion that mixed darkness with the LIGHT of the truth.  One of the many acts of spiritual harlotry the catholic religion has engaged in..