• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Some if not many homes are still like Leave It To Beaver.   Dad still drives into work some Saturdays, but he doesn't smoke a pipe, nor does the wife wear gloves to the grocery store, nor even go to the grocery store. Today Wally doesn't even want a car, Beaver is still beaver though.

Roseanne was trash from day one. Doesn't much matter if she bought a new container for it. At the core it is still trash, doing nothing much to the glory of God.

I about 'mouth vomited' at her rendition of the National Anthem and grabbing her crotch. Another thing I find annoying, is those edited "laughing tracks" they insert in places where something was not even funny...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Butero said:

"Leave It To Beaver" to me is close to the ideal, so long as God is included.  If all homes in America resembled that, this would be a much better place.  I think homes were like that in the 50s, but not every home.  

Our home was similar to that except we didn't have the income that Beaver's dad had...    but we did have the love and a mother at home and an extended family that all cared about each other......    I really didn't know very many people in the 50's and 60's that had a home and family life like we did though.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, other one said:

leave it to beaver was a fantasy....   Roseanne is a closer look at reality.                  I watched the old and the new, I got tired of the old series.   The first two shows I found both interesting and entertaining and will continue to watch.   Here is hoping Roseanne has seen the light of where Progressivism leads.

Leave it to Beaver was the way we lived,and my friends lived, and the way I have raised my own, and my son raises his family. No way would I identfy with  the vileness that I saw advertised and is still being  presented on all the the TV networks and most of Cable as being the way it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Thanks for the warning ...but I could have guessed. I'd never choose to watch much of anything that came out these days on secular television, and especially knowing what the past Rosanne series was like. I'll just pass...lol

Abby, the show was just showing a cross section of society today....   showing the problems involved with cross dressing and Roseanne's progressive sister....    Shows that families even though have huge differences they can still love each other....    it's not a bad show.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Thanks for the warning ...but I could have guessed. I'd never choose to watch much of anything that came out these days on secular television, and especially knowing what the past Rosanne series was like. I'll just pass...lol

I'm pretty dense at times, and maybe it's just me; but it seems most if not all secular TV programs today, one way or another, try to shift opinion / belief. By political, moral or religious schemes, that are contrary to our once moral standards, Constitutional meaning and Christianity. They reflect the majority of 'normal' homes of our time with the problems of today; transgender-ism, homosexuality, sexuality, mother single parent homes, drug and alcohol addiction, fornication, etc. 

This is the new "normal", a nation that does right in their own eyes. Where the mere mention of Jesus or real Christianity is taboo, offensive and "hate speech". The Lord ordained moral laws, sovereign nations with borders and human government, and these too are under severe attack and rebellion. 

Considering the exponential increase in this lawlessness in the last twenty years or so... If the Lord tarries, where will our nation and the world be in just another 5 years, ten years?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm pretty dense at times, and maybe it's just me; but it seems most if not all secular TV programs today, one way or another, try to shift opinion / belief. By political, moral or religious schemes, that are contrary to our once moral standards, Constitutional meaning and Christianity. They reflect the majority of 'normal' homes of our time with the problems of today; transgender-ism, homosexuality, sexuality, mother single parent homes, drug and alcohol addiction, fornication, etc. 

This is the new "normal", a nation that does right in their own eyes. Where the mere mention of Jesus or real Christianity is taboo, offensive and "hate speech". The Lord ordained moral laws, sovereign nations with borders and human government, and these too are under severe attack and rebellion. 

Considering the exponential increase in this lawlessness in the last twenty years or so... If the Lord tarries, where will our nation and the world be in just another 5 years, ten years?

if you had been here in the 1920's you would not say that this is the new norm.....   runs in cycles and we are on the upswing of the dark side......     other than technology none of this is really new.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Did women back then really dress up and wear high hill shoes to do housework? I always wonder that. LOL !:rofl:  I don't look good at all when I do housework. :huh:

I wasn't around for that show but I have seen it in reruns.  It's SO unrealistic.  No way things could have ever been like that.  But, as to the new Roseanne show, I just don't like her so I just watched one preview and then said 'nope'.  My whole family loved it though but then they're all Trumpers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I wasn't around for that show but I have seen it in reruns. 

Am I that old? LOL 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

13 hours ago, Butero said:

I agree with those criticism about content, but that was just a reflection on what is taking place in a sick society.  You might want to consider editing your post for content before the mods see it.  I don't think you should use that word about the hat, even though that is what they call it.  Just my opinion.  

Lol But you quoted him so now it's gone from him  but still on yours

Guest Butero
4 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I hear you ...but I still don't think it's something I'd enjoy, even from your description. I could think of a hundred other things I'd rather entertain myself with. TV isn't my thing but when I do watch it, it's either on the Jimmy Swaggart channel (Sonlight??) or HGTV ...or DIY. That's about it. If I want to watch something else I find it on YouTube or PureFlix. That's my preference. Also, you'd probably get what I'm saying more than most ...I am very spiritually sensitive so I am more careful than most to what I watch or listen to. Been that way all my life, even as a child before I knew Jesus. 

You watch the Jimmy Swaggart station, Sonlife?  That is interesting.  I used to go to his crusades back in the 80s.  I still have a bunch of Jimmy Swaggart record albums.  

What I find the most disturbing about most of the television shows today is that they all seem to be promoting homosexuality.  Even the programs with good stories will find ways to bring homosexual couples into them to try to make them look normal or cause you to see them in a sympathetic manner.  I don't blame anyone who wants to stay away from them.