The Church of Christ is bent toward a do get relationship with God ~when in fact it is a relationship and do reality... I went to one for about a year and your right the worship is slightly off. You must be immersed into God by Spirit to have new birth and eternal life with God... the foolishness is they think that which will pass away can be manipulated for eternal things when God has said

2 Peter 3:10-13
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

If you are to have a stone house what must it be made of; if you are to have a brick house what must it be made of; if you are to have an eternal house what must it be made of.... so if the material is not here then in faith
Heb 11:1-3
 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

we look for that which is promised as though it were already here and that which we are in as though it is of no more value than to be burned up...
  • Thanks 1

Debp...hopefully, yes I could take someone to the ladies study.  I just need to give it a little more time to get to know people.

Steven...I think I am understanding most of what you are saying.  Definitely there are good and bad churches in any denomination, but the doctrine of baptism being necessary and having to agree with that before you can make it to heaven seems to lead to a self sufficiency or self satisfaction that is at odds with being poor in spirit and trusting God....