God's Forgiveness

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Are there those that God will never forgive? How as MAN do we determine what or who can or can not be forgiven?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Let me tell you this story.  I know a wonderful man who is a Hospice Chaplain.  He told me months ago that he was visiting with a woman who did not have long to live.  He shared Christ with her and her husband.  The husband said nothing, but the woman said that she believed there was a God, but that since she "had never sinned" that she didn't have to repent and submit to Christ.

He explained to her that sin isn't always the big, bad, terrible things, but are also the little things.  She talked with her several times.  Sometimes with her husband, sometimes not.   She always listened patiently, but always had the same response, "I haven't sinned before".

That's who God cannot forgive - the unrepentant.

Can we always tell who that is?  Sometimes.  Sometimes not.

For those who understand the concept of personal sin and KNOW that they are sinners, the Bible says that "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us."  1 John 1:9-10

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Are there those that God will never forgive?

Nowhere in scripture do you find forgiveness without repentance.  It is a concept that does not exist.

Matthew 12:31  Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

How as MAN do we determine what or who can or can not be forgiven?

Philippians 2:12  [ Lights in the World ] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,  13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1