Sign in to follow this  
warrior12

SUGAR

OK.  I don't use sugar much, if fact very little. In the winter time the sugar in my cupboard gets hard like rock and i have to pick at it with a knife to get the amount to use.

Anyway to get and keep that sugar in its natural form for use and not get hard like a rock ?..

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Is it white or brown? 

It's brown and putting in a piece of bread does the trick.  Thanks for the help and this is one less hassle in the kitchen.  

Actually, i saw the bread tip on youtube and did it last or the  night before.   This morning the sugar was fairly soft and i could extract it with a spoon and not have to dig and scrape.  I wonder though, what is the theory of how this bread softens the sugar ?.

Edited by warrior12

On 4/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, Davida said:

:)The brown sugar draws the moisture out of the bread .  Leave it in for a few days and the bread will get crisp. 

Yep. The sugar get soft and the bread like a rock.   Thanks again.   

On 4/2/2018 at 10:33 PM, warrior12 said:

OK.  I don't use sugar much, if fact very little. In the winter time the sugar in my cupboard gets hard like rock and i have to pick at it with a knife to get the amount to use.

Anyway to get and keep that sugar in its natural form for use and not get hard like a rock ?..

When that has happened, I've used a cheese shredder to shave off the amount of sugar I wanted. I figure there's no point in de-hardening it cus it'll just get hard again.

Sign in to follow this