• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Daisyy said:

Is God the only being we have to please? Or do we also have a duty to other people?

I know this wasn’t address to me. So I hope you don’t mind that I chimed in? If so, my apologies. 

By pleasing God (which is our duty to God) we are doing righteousness. By doing righteousness we would be doing right to all people. Which is our duty to all people.  Christ did “right” to all people but many weren’t pleased. Pleasing people is not the issue. Doing righteousness is. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 4/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Daisyy said:

Just express what it means to you. What makes you a Christian? 

A Christian is a person who believes Jesus ( His teachings )

A Christian is a person who trusts in the Atonement Jesus secured for the forgiveness of all their transgressions against Gods will..

So believing and trusting are the keys to being a Christian..

Guest BacKaran
On 4/2/2018 at 11:09 PM, naominash said:

It's not that we don't care what people think. That would make you evil. But God's opinion has to be most important. We have a duty to love others. That means doing what's ultimately best for them, not necessarily pleasing them. 

COrrect, and according to God, I have honored both my father and mother when they were living, I owe nothing to my unsaved siblings. I pray from them from a far. Theres less stress, less drama and no fakery as I no longer are around them. They ostracize me and my hubby since we said we were born again.

My family is my born again church family. They have been with me since a year before my hubby died unexpectedly and ever since. 
Being born again was an aha moment for me where I felt like I literally lost 100 pounds. And a few people noticed that I looked different....that was interesting since I didnt tell anyone what happened to me!

I disagree with Naominash as I really dont care what other people think about me. Ive lost childhood friends and family because of God and yep, I’d do it all over again! I see life on this planet with Gods eyes and really I can’t relate to those who are not saved. I have nothing in common with them and useless jabber is not conversation. I am going to be bold and love everyone enough to let them know they need Christ and if they reject Him, well, that’s fine, I move on.

I love handing out tracts and witnessing. I’m attending our church on Cinco De Mayo this year and I am excited!
I love people watching and chatting with them if they have questions.

I aim to please and obey God knowing that while still on this earth, I will fall short however I am still living for Him!

As a widow, God has been here right with me, The Holy SPirit giving me discernment and Jesus has met all my needs and then some!
I cant ever out give God! 

Here is a great bible study class one can take online. Ive been through it 4 times and its different with each class and I have learned sooooo much!
www.villageschoolsofthebible.org
A great site to learn the Bible from Genesis to Revelation!

You can also ask for a scholarship if you cant afford it. I like to donate so others can join and learn!

Good questions, it’s nice to meet you as well!
Blessings,
Karan

Guest BacKaran
On 4/4/2018 at 7:30 AM, GreyDestiny said:

I've thought of it as attempting to be good and do good, but i'm still also relatively new to the faith. We all fall short of the glory of God, but being a Christian means attempting to not fall as much and having the ability to apologize for when you do. It also means attempting to help those around you to not fall down as much, either.

I'm one of these isolated Christians mentioned in this thread. Primary reasons are that i'm afraid of waddling into a bad church and not being able to tell (being new), i'd like to do more study and prayer on my own, and unfortunately, i'm just really not a people person. Like, at all. I agree that community is a good thing, but I guess i'm not in a place to go seeking a proper one just yet, nor does the prospect of talking appeal to me.

Hi Grey
Just keep praying to the Holy Spirit for discernment! Ask ask ask questions all the time!
Look to see if you have a church that has expository preaching and uses hermantutics when preaching too. 
We have more than a few loners in our church and we love them all! 
The more I get to know people, the more I like being able to help them out either in running errands, witnessing or having lunch and fellowship-ing with them. 

Its different being a newbie, I still consider myself a newbie after 10 years! I’m always learning something new!

Here are some great sites Ive used and support
www.CARM.org

www.proclaimingthegospel.com with Mike Gendron

Systematic Theology book by Wayne Grudem.  This is a meaty book!
The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. This is old but I loved it and thought people need to know about this book!
I bought a Chinese version for a lady who sat with my dad at lunch in the nursing home. She taught me how to say I love you in Chinese.
Woe Aye Knee.... lovely!

All questions are important so keep on asking!
Have a great day!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/3/2018 at 4:16 AM, Daisyy said:

What makes me a Christian?

I heard the Word of God regarding sin and it's consequences, and was made aware that all had sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that included me. That I needed a Saviour, and that God had provided a Saviour, by sending His Son into the world to take my sin upon Himself and pay it's penalty by dying in my place.

I believed what I heard, I believed that I was a sinner, and I believed that the Lord Jesus Christ had died to save me, and I asked Him to be my Saviour.

Time has shown that He has done just that. As I read His Word the Holy Spirit teaches me, convicts me, humbles me, comforts me, gives me assurance and fills me with gratitude and praise, as I continue to hear and believe what He has to say.

I am His workmanship, in Christ Jesus my Lord and Head.

Praise His Holy Name!

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, BacKaran said:

The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. This is old but I loved it and thought people need to know about this book!
I bought a Chinese version for a lady who sat with my dad at lunch in the nursing home. She taught me how to say I love you in Chinese.
Woe Aye Knee.... lovely!

I thank you for your advice. I just thought i'd say that it's spelled "wo ai ni" in romanization. 

Guest BacKaran

GreyD, 

It really looks weird in Chinese and I dont even know if I should read it left to right or up to down or right to left!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

To Love God with all your might and all your strength in obedience.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 4/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, Daisyy said:

Well, I am a new creature, old things are passed away, and now as a Christian,  all things are become new.  I am crucified with Christ, but still I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. He that is in me is stronger than he that is in the world. Nothing can separate me from the love of God (the one who created me). What has made this happen, that made me a Christian, was God's love for whosoever will to call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, being drawn by the spirit, by faith believing in His death on the cross as His sacrifice for payment for all my sins, past present and future. Really cool. As a Christian, understanding His messages in His word, though I stumble,  I have put off the old man and seek to abide in the true vine, Jesus, that much fruit will be produced, and the Father is glorified..  Now, nothing makes anyone a Christian by any  thing they do, save belief in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. I have believed.