fear vs. love

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

I'm looking for advise, suggestions about how to overcome my fear of certain people's assessment of me, acceptance or rejection of me, sometimes to the point that I just want to avoid them and their invitations to parties and gatherings.  I want to overcome this fear with love, but I need some advice about how to do this. Has anyone gone through this and care to comment?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hi some verses came to mind maybe these can help.Agape

(KJV)

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

2 Chronicles 32:8 With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.

Isaiah 32:17 The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.

Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Proverbs 3:26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Deuteronomy 31:6, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; "He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:8, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Joshua 1:5, No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."

1Kings 8:57, "May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may He never leave us nor forsake us."

1Chronicles 28:20, David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

Psalms 37:28, For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. "They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;"

Psalms 94:14 "For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance."

Isaiah 41:17  "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them."

Isaiah 42:16  "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God bless you ContinuingCorletta.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Sounds like AvPD, which I suffer from. It can be brutal. Just remember that God's opinion of you is what matters. Ask yourself if there's anything more that He wants you to be doing. And think about people's criticism from that lens; have they said something that God thinks you need to improve on, or are they wrong?

That will not make it much less painful to be criticized and rejected, but it can help.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

14 hours ago, ContinuingCorletta said:

Has anyone gone through this and care to comment?

Faith and love.

"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
    and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock." - Matthew 7:24-25

To focus on things above, the things of the Spirit, and to walk in love.

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." - Romans 8:6

It is about doing and thinking about what is pleasing in God's sight.

There are evil people in this world and their evil opinions about us does not matter.

"For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us,
    leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps" - 1 Peter 2:21

God bless you in Jesus' name!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thanks 1