• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

Hi Matrix, if I understand it correctly, the departing part is from the unbelievers side leaving the believer (not vise-versa)  - and  if the unbelieving partner is willing to stay with the believer then let him Not put her away.

Yes I do know who it points to but God never meant for man to live in continual strife with an unbelieving wife who clearly is NOT happy with him. 1 Cor 7:12 is speaking of a wife who loves and respects her hubby. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Yes I do know who it points to but God never meant for man to live in continual strife with an unbelieving wife who clearly is NOT happy with him. 1 Cor 7:12 is speaking of a wife who loves and respects her hubby. 

I know that marriage/divorce/re-marriage is a very touchy subject within the Christian community with Christian divorce rates being as high as non-Christian rates.

Of course in an ideal world a marriage is a happy one and this can be achieved with a lot of hard slog.

I understand during marriage strife, that people would be thinking the grass would be greener elsewhere but there are avenues for help within the Christian community. It is never easy when a Christisn  is married to a non-believer because the playing field is already unbalanced (why we are told not to do it) but its a reality anyway, an many cases the unbelieving spouse has come to the Lord by the very fact of having that matrimonial connection to God.

Having the bi-polar aspect and teenage children on top of course is hugely difficult and only hubby knows what its  really like to walk this road he's on but he has a massive advantage on his side - God.

Marriages are a massive witness for the Christian faith. If Christians are walking away from marriages left right and centre, it would look to unbelievets as not being advantageous to having a Christian spouse. +excluding adultery/violence/child sexual abuse within a marriage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When God's Word becomes more value than anything else the marriage vow becomes one with that Word and the cost of keeping that vow becomes moot to all other considerations... 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes I think we deserve it. 

Speaking for my self ,

If it's Sunday and she wants to go to a brunch , take her to a brunch, maybe that could be your ministry for the day, something good may come out of it. 

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 4/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

The Lord allows for divorce for spouses who simply cannot agree in the faith. Such people are not under bondage to the command that you shall not divorce your wife or husband

1 Cor 7

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

This says that she must be unwilling to live with you.  As long as she is willing to stay with you, pray for them and live the life of Christ before them.  Let them see Christ in you.  That doesn't mean they will be any better toward you.  We are told that all who seek to live godly lives in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.  Jesus said they will treat us the way they treated Him.  Seek to love and forgive them as Christ does.  

Read God's word daily--especially the New Testament.  

Guest Butero
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:16 AM, Jake4582 said:

I am looking for some advice. I love my wife of 9 years, but she is very bipolar I believe and gives me the silent treatment for 1 to 3 days if I even ask her two spoiled teenagers to help out around the house. I have become very spiritual since a bad a car accident last year and I have tried so hard to introduce christianity to them, but they all reject it and make fun of me. I even adopted her two teenage girls and they are very spoiled and lazy from my wife pampering them so much. I sometimes have thoughts I need to divorce her and find a Christian wife. The mental abuse of walking on eggshells, lack of respect, and silent treatment is starting to take a toll on me. I don't want to hurt anyone with getting a divorce and we have have a house and business together so it will be mesy. She will not get help no matter what. I'm not sure what to do. I sometimes feel there is someone else out there for me. Thanks. God Bless.

If she is content to remain married to you, the Bible says to remain together.  Only if she up and leaves you are you free, and remember, God knows if we are playing games.  Don't make her mad just to get her to leave.  I feel for you, but that is what God says.