IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

We can stop sinning of course if we walk in the spirit. Keep your minds on things above. Kill what is earthly in you. But if we do sin confess it right away. I john shows he will cleases us from all unrighteousness. The child of God does not practice sin. He practices righteousness snd loves his brother. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We can stop sinning of course if we walk in the spirit. Keep your minds on things above. Kill what is earthly in you. But if we do sin confess it right away. I john shows he will cleases us from all unrighteousness. The child of God does not practice sin. He practices righteousness snd loves his brother. 

I appreciate your comments so much. May I help clarify something, for if we err here, we can spend years trying to figure it out. Heck, I did for  almost four decades! LOL. Trying to kill our old man is why I failed miserably. When I finally got to the point I had no strength, no confidence in my fleshly efforts, only then could I do the one thing God has asked us to do....believe that I already am dead, just as Paul tells us in Romans 6. 

So when Satan comes tempting us, what do we do? We resist him steadfast in the faith! We hold up our shield of faith declaring that we are new creatures and that the old us is not slowly dying by our weak efforts. We ARE dead! And what happens is that as we abide in Him, He is the one who keeps us from falling! Glory to God! Do you see? God promised in Ezekiel 36 to not only give us new hearts, He promised to cause those new hearts to obey Him! Whoa! 

Blessings to you, dear brother,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I appreciate your comments so much. May I help clarify something, for if we err here, we can spend years trying to figure it out. Heck, I did for  almost four decades! LOL. Trying to kill our old man is why I failed miserably. When I finally got to the point I had no strength, no confidence in my fleshly efforts, only then could I do the one thing God has asked us to do....believe that I already am dead, just as Paul tells us in Romans 6. 

So when Satan comes tempting us, what do we do? We resist him steadfast in the faith! We hold up our shield of faith declaring that we are new creatures and that the old us is not slowly dying by our weak efforts. We ARE dead! And what happens is that as we abide in Him, He is the one who keeps us from falling! Glory to God! Do you see? God promised in Ezekiel 36 to not only give us new hearts, He promised to cause those new hearts to obey Him! Whoa! 

Blessings to you, dear brother,

Gideon

The bible says to kill what is earthly in us. The old man is dead but you still feel his nature. The inpotant thing is to put on the new man. I said this before in posts. Walk by the spirit. Keep your mind on heavenly things above. Its a daily walk. I have put sin out of my life. And have walk in righteousness. Its through christ. Rom 6 yield to righteousness as one raise to life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

16 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The bible says to kill what is earthly in us. The old man is dead but you still feel his nature. The inpotant thing is to put on the new man. I said this before in posts. Walk by the spirit. Keep your mind on heavenly things above. Its a daily walk. I have put sin out of my life. And have walk in righteousness. Its through christ. Rom 6 yield to righteousness as one raise to life.

Brother, you are correct. Thank you for your additions here. They mean so much. May we all come to the point where we long for that closeness with Jesus that sin robs us of. Yes, we can be forgiven, but our heart gets a little harder each time we fall back into willful sin. Again, thanks, Wayne.

Gideon

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

Brother, you are correct. Thank you for your additions here. They mean so much. May we all come to the point where we long for that closeness with Jesus that sin robs us of. Yes, we can be forgiven, but our heart gets a little harder each time we fall back into willful sin. Again, thanks, Wayne.

Gideon

Yes sir if you pratice sin your heart will get harder. Falling to a sin and confessing it is diffrent from praticing sin. But sexual sins or idoltry should not be named once among christians. To give in once is a shame for those brought to life. But for those who fall to this repent and turn right away. God will restore you. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"3) Oh, this one is important. Sin is NOT having bad thoughts. It is letting them become a part of us, believing they came form our own hearts, accepting them as ours instead of sown there by the enemy to see if we will bite. "

That is an interesting declaration, one having to be made evidently to counter the very clear declaration of Jesus that states otherwise, though I don't see how anyone can stand on that declaration in the face of Jesus making clear that thought is sin as surely as is  an physical act. There being no difference in the motivating heart. 

As for myself, I will consider Jesus the higher authority. Jesus  stepped up the responsibility, or the understanding of it, when He made it clear that not only is the physical act of doing a sin punishable, but also so is the thought. With that standard there is not likely a person that can walk without sin, and it is true that all have failed, and all are in need of the sacrifice made by Jesus to cover the thought of sin within each of the elect, those given to Him by the Father of which He does not lose a one.  For though all have sinned and fallen short, of the Glory, of God,all that have been given jesus are given specific call to repentance by the Holy Spirit,see tat Jesus is Lord God and savior and become clean in the sight of God the Father through the work of the faith of Jesus. That is the only way to be seen as perfect in the sight of God.

Jesus is the way the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except by Him.

Secondly; sin does come from the heart of every person. No one has excuse, neither by innocence,  nor by ignorance. All have failed perfection's standard, even from before birth mankind is capable of sinning.  No one seeks God at all. Instead all run from God, until God the Holy Spirit first calls out specifically  to each  individual that becomes repentant and is saved in acknowledging Jesus as Lord God and savior. upon the reveal by the Holy Spirit. Man's inherited state is sin. Man is sinful from the getgo.

Every person has need of the shed blood of Jesus  the perfect sacrifice, the passover lamb, made once. He is the permanent cover of sin in all that have been called out for their salvation. All of whom have been known to God  from before the beginning; and those known were  also predestined to be turned about to their salvation away from eternal destruction,  and instead saved to eternal life with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

"3) Oh, this one is important. Sin is NOT having bad thoughts. It is letting them become a part of us, believing they came form our own hearts, accepting them as ours instead of sown there by the enemy to see if we will bite. "

That is an interesting declaration, one having to be made evidently to counter the very clear declaration of Jesus that states otherwise. Though I don't see how anyone can stand on that declaration in the face of Jesus making clear that thought is sin as surely as is  an physical act. There being no difference in the motivating heart. 

As for myself, I will consider Jesus the higher authority. Jesus  stepped up the responsibility, or the understanding of it, when He made it clear that not only is the physical act of doing a sin punishable, but also so is the thought. With that standard there is not likely a person that can walk without sin, and it is true that all have failed, and all are in need of the sacrifice made by Jesus to cover the thought of sin within each of the elect, those given to Him by the Father of which He does not lose a one.  For though all have sinned and fallen short, of the Glory, of God,all that have been given jesus are given specific call to repentance by the Holy Spirit,see tat Jesus is Lord God and savior and become clean in the sight of God the Father through the work of the faith of Jesus. That is the only way to be seen as perfect in the sight of God.

Jesus is the way the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except by Him.

Secondly; sin does come from the heart of every person. No one has excuse, neither by innocence,  nor by ignorance. All have failed perfection's standard, even from before birth mankind is capable of sinning.  No one seeks God at all. Instead all run from God, until God the Holy Spirit first calls out specifically  to each  individual that becomes repentant and is saved in acknowledging Jesus as Lord God and savior. upon the reveal by the Holy Spirit. Man's inherited state is sin. Man is sinful from the getgo.

Every person has need of the shed blood of Jesus  the perfect sacrifice, the passover lamb, made once. He is the permanent cover of sin in all that have been called out for their salvation. All of whom have been known to God  from before the beginning; and those known were  also predestined to be turned about to their salvation away from eternal destruction,  and instead saved to eternal life with God.

And if we are talking about the old nature, you are spot on correct.  But we are told that we can bring every thought not the obedience of Christ. Why? Because as new creatures, we are told we have the mind of Christ. Our good fight of faith is to renew our minds. If we are double minded, we have no confidence in God to keep us from falling into sin. We cannot serve both God and evil. And if that bothers us because we find ourselves trapped in Romans 7 and no one is telling us HOW to become FREE INDEED, then it behooves us to fall on our faces and cry out to Him fro the answer as to how to walk in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our lives.

Your mentioning that you will take Jesus as a higher authority is commendable. But shall we not actually use the entire words God has given us? Did He tell us that our shields of faith would quench ALL the fiery arrows of the enemy? Did He not promise in every temptation that He would make a way of escape? Is He not the God who can cause us to will AND to do of His good pleasure? Are we not told to “purify your minds, ye double minded”? Have we not been delivered from the power of darkness? By faith, are we not to walk in total victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? How can we obey Him if actual obedience is impossible? 

Not knowing how to gain victory in one’s thought life is one thing. But resting content there when evil thoughts assail us and we accept them as ours and label  them in as “unavoidable” because we are still just sinners saved by grace is dangerous ground indeed. We WERE those thing. We ARE no longer. We are new creatures and can stare down the devil in every single temptation.

I pray we all hear. The grace we have been taught is incomplete. It can forgive but we have been taught it has no power to actually cleanse us of ALL unrighteousness. Real grace teaches us that “denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and justly in the present age.” That is what God has for each one of us, from the weakest to the strongest.... and in that order.

Our problem has been a heart hunger issue. Even if we now believe it is impossible,  the real question is... do we WANT to be free? If we do, in these last days,  God is going to move mountains to get to us and show us the HOW of holiness. All who truly love the light will be shown how to light their lamps.  

But if we are content with just forgiveness but have no real hunger to get freed from vile thoughts and unloving actions, we need to realize no change will ever come until we cry out for it. And if we dig in our heels and say forgiveness is enough, then that which we think we have will eventually be taken away from us and given to another. My prayer is that none here are found in that group on that day, when God examines the thoughts and intents of our hearts. 

Blessings,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because of the reality of truth, which is non effect by lie as to substance and continuance,- we reckon our first birth dead and all that was gathered with >till< belief and regeneration... It is dead and we grow to realize literally that it has nothing of life within it. This brings us to new motivations that are formed by faith received from The Scriptures a substance of hope (yet unsatisfactory to flesh) furthering the reality of newness of life in God (the body is not regenerated)... We don't belong anymore to the beginning that we were but to the beginning of when God elected us before ever the world was created... it is a pure faith fully rested upon God and His Word ready to be revealed in the appointed time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, naominash said:

Yes. 

That was one of the most brilliant description's of sin in the life of a believer I've ever heard. 

I agree that we should not accept sin as just part of us because we are a new creation! Thank you for sharing. 

Sin is working in our body, as Paul pointed out. Sin is not me. It is sin working in my body. And Jesus made the stakes so high that it is impossible to not sin. He turned "You shall not commit adultery" to "if you even look at a woman with lust in your heart...". And being in flesh, the only way for a young man to NEVER do that is to be turned into a eunuch. It's quite literally how the human body functions and is what motivates procreation.