• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

In my high school, we are learning about evolution, communism, and greek gods. To top it off, we are learning about slavery in the U.S. again(I am not a racist, i just get tired of hearing someone over a hundred times, if not more, having it shoved down my throat, only for the purpose of feeling sorry for the person sitting next to me).

I am not sure how to deal with this. To learn about these all at once is just havack on the head, but more than that.... there is no way that i can actually share my views on this because we are just readings book on greek gods and communism, slavery is in the curriculum again, and for evolution, everybody already knows my views on.

Any have any ideas on how to get through these subjects.. considering the fact that if i don't get good grades(only A's and B's... most A's), then i will not be allowed to go to church until the end of the next marking period. I should probably add that we are in the fourth marking period of school... and the end of the next marking period... is not until next school year. That marking period ends in October. Long summer without church..... including camp, VBS.....

There is also no way that i can get out of this subject for school.....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Just do the school work and it will be over. You know what you believe in your heart and just remember that!

Guest Fluffy the Cactus

You probably shouldn't be punished for having grades that are average or below by witholding you from being able to go to church. As far as your studies go, learning about things is always a good thing, and those subjects are no different. Who knows, you might end up liking some of the subjects?

???:emot-highfive:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Aweful, ain't it!

I remember going through that.

Unfortunately, the best you can do is to view this as "learning about" - as in, gaining knowledge about the things of your culture so you can be a better witness - not "learning" for application.

That's how I coped.

Then when you get done for the day, wash your mind through reading the Word of God - maybe engage in a personal Bible study specifically targeting against those things you were forced to learn.

And pray!!!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Aweful, ain't it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, evolution is a worthless religion.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Good oppurtunity for a debate?

You don't have to become a communist to pass do you?

I say challenge them and make them think. They are making you think. It could be good for everybody. :emot-highfive:

Isn't the stary of Zues and his homies similar to the story of angels coming and having their way with women? :emot-highfive:

Guest Fluffy the Cactus

Teaching about communism is important... it's important to learn about politics and culture... laerning about the greek gods is important because you learn about an ancient culture and something that happened a long time ago... and learning about evolution is also good because being exposed to many scientific theories... and that's what they ALL are, are theories, is great, too, because it opens your mind and it enables you to look at things from different perspectives... :emot-hug:

???:emot-highfive:

Isn't the stary of Zues and his homies similar to the story of angels coming and having their way with women? :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all. Those fallen angels were locked up in the Bottomless pit. Zeus still got to sit on the mountain as the "king" of the greek gods. IN greek mythology, "might" makes "right". There was no concept of morality. Who ever could rule by brute force or subtlety was the one who got to make the rules, which is basicly the perspective of man ever since the time of the fall. There is no concept of sin; quite the contrary, harlotry and human sacrifice were means of worshipping their gods. A person is as likely to be cursed by their gods as they are blessed. It was the same way with Rome, which is one reason there was initially less roman and greek resistance to the Gospel than there was Jewish; they believed in "demi-gods" who were half God, half man, such as hercules. This is possibly why Pillate didn't want to kill Jesus at first. He may have thought that Jesus was a decendant of one of his gods.

But the point is there is a big difference between the two things. The greeks had serveral gods and goddesses which were decended in a mad heirarchy like this:

Gaia gives birth to Uranus, then mates with Uranus!

This produces the Titans and another giant race I can never remember.

From these came the Olympians.

Chronus eats all of zeus siblings, but zeus mother decieves him into eating a rock instead of zeus(kinda dumb for a god huh?)

zeus goes away and comes back later and kills his poppa.

The olypians rebel aganst the titans.

the olympians enjoy thier supposed reign from olympus, and do a lot of sleeping around with one another and with the human race.

Nobody is quite sure where Aphrodite came from. Some say she was born naturally, others say one of the gods cut her out of zeus head. Can't the goddess speak for herself? oh well....

the end.

As you can see, this sexual immorality, infidelity, rape and murder of their imaginary gods is all they knew anyway from natural life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But couldn't the fallen angels have decieved the human race into believing they were Gods?

Satan wanted to be god. The nephelim could have been the greek giants.

Genesis 6: 5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Aweful, ain't it!

I remember going through that.

Unfortunately, the best you can do is to view this as "learning about" - as in, gaining knowledge about the things of your culture so you can be a better witness - not "learning" for application.

That's how I coped.

Then when you get done for the day, wash your mind through reading the Word of God - maybe engage in a personal Bible study specifically targeting against those things you were forced to learn.

And pray!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is exactly what I was going to say. I completely agree! :thumbsup: