IGNORED

My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins ?

Realist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice out of Heaven saying, "My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues".

This verse is one of many that has caused me to pause in my thinking over the years.  Does anyone here think there are more applications to this verse other than future prophesy?

Can there also be a spiritual application that applies today?

For example; sometime last year, I came across a survey of products and services that Christians own and use.  At the top of the list was Apple phones and Starbucks coffee.  In fact, my whole family on both sides own Apple phones and most use Starbucks. 

It is well known that Tim Cook CEO of Apple said: "I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me";  their logo is creepy too (and it isn’t the original one BTW). 

Starbucks is another; Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz announced that the company was supporting the pro same-sex marriage bill and tells Christians to Sell Stock and Support Some Other Company.

It seems to me that if there are other easily accessible like products and services available for Christians to support with their money, these various companies who promote and finance ungodliness and their influences would vanish quickly.

Edited by Realist
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero

There is a scripture that tells us to come out from among the world and be separate.  These are conscience issues, but I don't use Apple and am boycotting Starbucks.  Do as the Lord leads you in specific applications.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think the possible concept of "that you may not share in her sins"  or sharing the sins that these corporations or entities enable and support by giving them money  is what concerns me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

I posted a thread trying to explain this: its in the controversial section

Mark of the Beast/Versus the SEAL of God

God bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

20 hours ago, Realist said:

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice out of Heaven saying, "My people, come out of her, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues".

This verse is one of many that has caused me to pause in my thinking over the years.  Does anyone here think there are more applications to this verse other than future prophesy?

Can there also be a spiritual application that applies today?

For example; sometime last year, I came across a survey of products and services that Christians own and use.  At the top of the list was Apple phones and Starbucks coffee.  In fact, my whole family on both sides own Apple phones and most use Starbucks. 

It is well known that Tim Cook CEO of Apple said: "I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me";  their logo is creepy too (and it isn’t the original one BTW). 

Starbucks is another; Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz announced that the company was supporting the pro same-sex marriage bill and tells Christians to Sell Stock and Support Some Other Company.

It seems to me that if there are other easily accessible like products and services available for Christians to support with their money, these various companies who promote and finance ungodliness and their influences would vanish quickly.

many of the ordinary gentiles haven't even known that there is a God, let alone believed in Him or practiced religious faith - they have not even known where their abnormalities come from and considered some of them normal; so it is not surprising that so many people have considered homosexuality normal when the "world" flooded them with disinformation

hardly "babylon" is companies such as apple and starbucks, but the message of God is about spiritual things - we have lived in a world where the system of spiritual lawlessness has dominated especially manifesting in the form of (ostensibly) sacred religions - on the one hand she has caused the world to be flooded with defilements, temptations, stumbling blocks, corruptions and disinformation, while on the other hand she has condemned/betrayed concerned people to be punished for the "sins" she caused them to be affected with/by (if i was wicked and could cause you to be affected with/by spirit of homosexuality, then i could also condemn/betray you to be punished for being homosexual - IOW, i could thus screw you up double)

and in Revelation 18 God tells us not to be her followers/worshipers/supporters, but to denounce her

Blessings

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Realist said:

I think the possible concept of "that you may not share in her sins"  or sharing the sins that these corporations or entities enable and support by giving them money  is what concerns me.

Well , lets examine this then would any of us buy anything from planned parenthood .    Exactly .   No we would not support that wicked system .

therefore if any wants coffee don't sip from star bucks .     If its in your conscious not to do , DONT , for if its not of faith IT IS SIN .

meats drinks days .      Long ago before any of this ,   I knew star bucks was highly over rated any way .   I mean paying five or more dollars for coffee.

Drink cheaper stuff, and the money saved can go to those who really NEED it .      You be praising the Lord now .     Lift those hands up and yes ,  PRAISE THE LORD .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

The problem I see with boycotting, is with enough research you can narrow down to almost nothing you can buy, and thus consume your time with physical things when it is a spiritual battle taking place.