• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

I didn't see a sud-forum regarding the Scriptures so I'll post it here. I can't remember if I posted this here but here it is. 

In Joel 2:25 it reads that God will restore the wasted years. Does this mean that God will provide even when the Christian has wasted his life or wasn't able to make enough to provide for later and possibly any number of reasons that he/she hasn't/wasn't able to do so?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The passage in question is relating to Israel in the end times, when they accept Jesus.  As I understand it, the reference is to the blessings they will receive on account of their restoration to God.

Joel 2:24 “The threshing floors shall be full of grain;
    the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25 I will restore to you the years
    that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
    my great army, which I sent among you.

26 “You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
    and praise the name of the Lord your God,
    who has dealt wondrously with you.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.
27 You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
    and that I am the Lord your God and there is none else.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.

This is followed up by the passage Peter quoted at Pentecost, in regards to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.  In following the chronology given by the prophets Ezekiel and Zechariah, the spiritual restoration comes first, which to me is what the information references.  The threshing floors full of grain as a reference to the bread of life, the wine and oil to the joining of the body, Gentile and Jew.  Israel is symbolically linked to the fig tree, and Jesus as the vine in regards to the wine.  In essence, what you have is a representation of what communion is about, the bread and the wine.  The oil being the Holy Spirit.

What we can never forget, is that Israel was blinded in part so that the door for the Gentiles was opened.  What is being restored to them is their understanding, the blinders are being removed.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest BacKaran

Love your clear to the point answer...Israel will be restored thru the discernment of the Holy Spirit to acknowledge Jesus when He returns! Amen!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

Then why does one minister who wrote and another whose sermon I've listened to refer to it as God's provision for the Christian who may have failed to provide for himself who himself had "wasted years"?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

38 minutes ago, Berean said:

Then why does one minister who wrote and another whose sermon I've listened to refer to it as God's provision for the Christian who may have failed to provide for himself who himself had "wasted years"?

I can't answer why they would do that.  All I can say is, that is completely out of context.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 hours ago, Berean said:

What wingnut- said.

While it sounds like that fellow took the verse out of context, God has promised to provide for His people, which includes all who belong to Christ. I've wasted a lot of years in the past, yet God has still provided.